• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Duncanville
    We all know Ron Paul isn't going to win, so why don't you just not vote, then you can blame everybody else for everything that goes wrong. Pretty much what you will be doing anyways.

You sound like a liberal, like an Obama supporter who is now embarrassed to support Obama but still to stubborn to support any republican candidate so you decided to jump on the 3rd party bandwagon.

Whatever you reasoning, IMO you are coming across as childish and uninformed, unhappy with Obama an sucking in everything you hear on MSNBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea he cant win so dont vote. Thats the kind ofBS that has us stuck with picking the lesser evil of 2 rich guys every election.
    Niether side has all the answers all the divisive crap will get us nowhere.

Speaking of MSNBC, Your Fox News is showing. (BTW I watch niether, they are not real credible scources anymore.)

I find it amazing the people on gun forums are so adamant about the second amendment, but give no thought to the first. If you dont agree with us GTFO, as your tag line states.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I find it amazing the people on gun forums are so adamant about the second amendment, but give no thought to the first. If you dont agree with us GTFO, as your tag line states.

Bro, your vote is your choice but realize your vote for a libertarian candidate at this point is a useless gesture. If we lived in Ohio, Virginia Florida, etc, I'd bet tempted to talk you out of it. Texas is a given to Mitts, thank God.

Oh and BTW, I cant tell you how many so called "libertarians" i have here at work with me who are really just progressives in disguise. They have no clue what the libertarian party stands for. Most seem to be one or two issue voters such as legalizing pot or reducing our armed forces.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yea he cant win so dont vote. Thats the kind ofBS that has us stuck with picking the lesser evil of 2 rich guys every election.

Speaking of MSNBC, Your Fox News is showing. (BTW I watch niether, they are not real credible scources anymore.)

Hmmm, don't have cable so I don't get the Fox News most are referring to when they mention it. Mostly local news and face the nation along with a few others on Sunday morning.

I said don't vote because you claimed you wouldn't vote if he weren't running. That is one of the least intelligent things I've ever heard.

As far as my tag line goes, it is not political. It is about people who move to Texas and decide they don't like our culture, and decide they need to "fix" us. Or the conversation that spurred it, they move here, then gripe about everything I love about the state including the weather.

I support Ron Paul, but even he knew running third party would be detrimental. It's not like he couldn't have continued his campaign if he wanted to.

Do what you want but make sure you keep an oxygen mask handy. I know the air has got to be thin way up there on that horse.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

No, what stuck us with choosing between two "Evils" every time is that fact that (1) people don't pay attention in the primaries and (2) many liberty minded folks attack people and their ideas instead of convincing them of the benefits.

If you want to get someone with libertarian ideals in office you have to start years in advance. You have to educate and mainstream the ideas. You have to lose multiple elections building up the base each time. This is a marathon not a sprint.

When you jump on a forum and immediately start bashing people's decisions instead of explaining why they should take a different course what change do you think that will bring? Seriously? Do you really want change or do you just like listening to yourself talk? And...it doesn't matter if they started the fight, we have to diffuse it.

I would have been thrilled for Ron Paul to win. But when we talk about him or those ideas we need to treat people with respect. If I was talking to my parents or grandparents or someone else I respect how would I explain my thoughts? If I was talking to my brothers or sisters how would I explain my thoughts?

When you immediately jump into confrontation mode if puts people on the defensive - not on your team. That attitude is driving away many of the borderline conservative-libertarian voters that we need.

Fox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Duncanville
    Were in my post did it say I was a libertarian? seems to be the jist everyone's taking from it. I have no political affiliation. Im middle of the road like most in the U.S.

KMX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Dallas/Ft Worth
    I don't know how anyone on a gun forum can support Romney. Romney has chipped away at the 2nd amendment more than Obama has. Look at the voting record.

All in all, they both suck, both are owned by the same banks and corporations that they get all their donations from and we are going to keep getting the same thing. The joke is on the lemmings that keep falling in line and voting who they are given not who they choose. All I hear is "Anyone but Obama" or "Romney was not my 1st or 2nd choice but" LOL Yeah he was everyone like 4th choice but still made it. LMAO. Pathetic.

Fox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Duncanville
    As far as my tag line goes, it is not political. It is about people who move to Texas and decide they don't like our culture, and decide they need to "fix" us. Or the conversation that spurred it, they move here, then gripe about everything I love about the state including the weather.
    k

You have country in there too. So how I read it is, if you dont like my views of America or Texas you can leave. Why should I have to leave because I dont subscribe to your narrow view of the world.
    Define Texas culture. Im betting a white guy in Sherman, a Mexican guy in San Antonio and a black guy from Houston, all have a very different view of what defines Texas, or what Texas culture is. Agree with me or GTFO is not real tenable.

Fox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Duncanville
    Everyone is saying the same thing. A vote for anyone but one of the two main party candidates is a vote wasted. Im saying that is exactly why we always have 2 turds to choose from. Most people are sick of the candidates both parties offer but dont have the stones to try another candidate so they just pick one. A vote is never wasted, it will take votes away from one party or another depending on who the third candidate is, that can effect an election in a big way, so it is not wasted.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Everyone is saying the same thing. A vote for anyone but one of the two main party candidates is a vote wasted. Im saying that is exactly why we always have 2 turds to choose from. Most people are sick of the candidates both parties offer but dont have the stones to try another candidate so they just pick one. A vote is never wasted, it will take votes away from one party or another depending on who the third candidate is, that can effect an election in a big way, so it is not wasted.

What I'm saying is that we should focus on the way to make a real impact. That is done long before the general elections take place (e.g. primaries). If you're waiting for the general election to make a difference with your vote then you're missing your opportunity all together.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    A vote is never wasted, it will take votes away from one party or another depending on who the third candidate is, that can effect an election in a big way, so it is not wasted.

Exactly. Seems simpler to just cast your vote for Obama though (than it would be to vote for a Libertarian candidate), since you are generating the same effect. If you are voting for a Communist or something then you're taking a vote from Obama, so have at it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You have country in there too. So how I read it is, if you dont like my views of America or Texas you can leave. Why should I have to leave because I dont subscribe to your narrow view of the world.
    Define Texas culture. Im betting a white guy in Sherman, a Mexican guy in San Antonio and a black guy from Houston, all have a very different view of what defines Texas, or what Texas culture is. Agree with me or GTFO is not real tenable.

Yes I do, because I don't really care what the opinion is of an illegal or legal immigrant who moves to this country then decides it should be legal for all of his or her illegal friends to be there. If they don't like how this country is, they should have stayed where they were.

Simple enough for you?

And yes, Texas has a culture.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't know how anyone on a gun forum can support Romney. Romney has chipped away at the 2nd amendment more than Obama has. Look at the voting record.

All in all, they both suck, both are owned by the same banks and corporations that they get all their donations from and we are going to keep getting the same thing. The joke is on the lemmings that keep falling in line and voting who they are given not who they choose. All I hear is "Anyone but Obama" or "Romney was not my 1st or 2nd choice but" LOL Yeah he was everyone like 4th choice but still made it. LMAO. Pathetic.

Again I will say, bwahahaha ha...ha

My choice is between a man who has said multiple times he wants to get rid of "assault weapons" and now cheap handguns, and a man and VP who have stated they see no need to introduce any new legislation on gun control. Even with the average positions honesty there's a pretty big difference.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    what i'm saying is that we should focus on the way to make a real impact. That is done long before the general elections take place (e.g. Primaries). if you're waiting for the general election to make a difference with your vote then you're missing your opportunity all together.
    qft !!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Yes I do, because I don't really care what the opinion is of an illegal or legal immigrant who moves to this country then decides it should be legal for all of his or her illegal friends to be there. If they don't like how this country is, they should have stayed where they were.

Simple enough for you?

And yes, Texas has a culture.

An I'm fairly certain native Texans from Sherman, San Antonio and Houston all have a pretty close idea on what that is. Boils down to, there's planes, trains, and busses leave this state every day. Don't like the weather, politics, or attitude, buy a ticket.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom