Patriot Mobile

Flying the Confederate battle flag - Just Don't Do It.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Its his fault I hit him with a hammer. He wouldn't give me his wallet...

If you "use force" with a tenant they can 'use force' right back. Then they will sue you and take everything you have. oh wait, that sounds remarkably like what the Union did.

Cause we live under a nanny state government.
    Guns International

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    J.Fred; All,

As I feared, the judge in Travis County failed to read or completely disregarded civil law & guiding "on point" precedents of other quite similar cases reference the binding/permanent contract between the United Daughters of the Confederacy & the Board of Regents of UT.
    The judge allowed UT to move the Davis statue to a "more proper place" in a museum.

Also, this PM, I talked to a national officer of The Sons of Confederate Veterans & was assured that our law firm will press our case against the President of UT, the University and separately against the Board members with vigor.
    (Incidentally, the family of the original donor, who gave the UDC the $$$$$$ to build the statue, has plans to also sue everyone involved with this travesty of justice, too.)

It will likely take a long time BUT it is believed by our law firm, who took the case "on spec", that we will eventually win.
    IF that happens, the University, it's "leadership" & (SADLY) the taxpayers of Texas will pay & pay & pay for the outright cowardice of the "leaders" of UT.

yours, satx

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    J.Fred; All,

As I feared, the judge in Travis County failed to read or completely disregarded civil law & guiding "on point" precedents of other quite similar cases reference the binding/permanent contract between the United Daughters of the Confederacy & the Board of Regents of UT.
    The judge allowed UT to move the Davis statue to a "more proper place" in a museum.

Also, this PM, I talked to a national officer of The Sons of Confederate Veterans & was assured that our law firm will press our case against the President of UT, the University and separately against the Board members with vigor.
    (Incidentally, the family of the original donor, who gave the UDC the $$$$$$ to build the statue, has plans to also sue everyone involved with this travesty of justice, too.)

It will likely take a long time BUT it is believed by our law firm, who took the case "on spec", that we will eventually win.
    IF that happens, the University, it's "leadership" & (SADLY) the taxpayers of Texas will pay & pay & pay for the outright cowardice of the "leaders" of UT.

yours, satx

Actually he followed the law. This was a contract issue. You don't have a clue.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Actually he followed the law. This was a contract issue. You don't have a clue.

Hey, show some respect. You are replying to a 30-year lawman from someplace or other, with graduate degrees in something or other, and a RET-1 classification from DoD. Still waiting for him to disclose details on any of that, by the way.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Hey, show some respect. You are replying to a 30-year lawman from someplace or other, with graduate degrees in something or other, and a RET-1 classification from DoD. Still waiting for him to disclose details on any of that, by the way.
    Thanks nate for your time and service

Damn we still on this

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

Interesting that the SofC didn't seem nonplussed the Wilson was also being moved. Evidently an actual President is not an issue, but moving some loser statue to a museum is fucking ISIL blowing up ancient Palmyra. Redneck mullet haired loser bullshit.

I am slightly saddened though. I would have much rather had gathered these CSA statues, put them in defendant's box entitled "TRAITORS" and had statues of Lincoln, Sherman, Grant, Thomas, and Meade pointing and laughing at them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom