DK Firearms

Flying the Confederate battle flag - Just Don't Do It.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    J. Fred,

Since I last wrote (my laptop had a problem that I had repaired), the SCV has requested that the judge issue a PERMANENT INJUNCTION to require that the statues NOT be moved AND to require the University to expel the 4 students who defaced the statues (YES, their identities are known to the UT Police.) AND that the SCV is NOW represented by a large law firm that has taken the case "on spec" of a BIG dollar settlement.

In my OPINION, the UT President & Board are now WISHING that they had prosecuted the vandals that "painted" the statue of Davis for vandalism & hadn't been "PC" & "kow-towed" to a small/LOUD minority of leftist students.

yours, satx
    Lynx Defense

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Nate C,

As I've said elsewhere, if you spent more time commenting on "content", rather than carping, ranting, whining & whimpering about my admittedly eccentric "typing style", TGT members might consider you to be a serious person. - Further you might want to at least try to post something occasionally to the forum that illustrates that you are capable of "thought".

just my OPINION, satx

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    zinc warrior,

Get ready for UT, the UT president, all the members of the UT board (both severally and individually) to be sued by the SCV and for a HUGE pile of $$$$$$$. - IF the judge follows the civil law relative to contracts, UT and all of those people as individuals will have a HUGE bill to pay.
    (This is NOT my opinion but reportedly that of the professors of the UT law school.)

"Big-time" law firms don't take cases "on spec" that they believe that they will lose at law.

MY serious suggestion to every UT "big-shot" is to SHUT UP & QUIETLY leave the statues where they are, rather than pay a HUGE (the amount sued for is 10 million per person & 100 million against UT as an institution.) amount that the University/people will very likely lose.
    (At the very least, it will cost UT a HUGE legal fee to defend against the SCV's attorneys.)

just my opinion, satx

You clearly have no concept of contract law. Please keep your lack of knowledge to stuff laymen know.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zinc warrior,

And YOU are a lawyer???
    (NO?? I thought NOT, as lawyers generally have functioning brains.)

Laughing AT you, as most members here do at FOOLS/HATERS/BIGOTS.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zinc warrior,

Inasmuch as you write like a not very talented HS drop-out, I seriously doubt that you're an attorney.
    Otoh, 3 things are certain: You're a BIG-mouth, a hate-FILLED fool & a laughingstock of major league proportions to most people on TGT.

NOPE, I'm NOT a lawyer, nor have I ever played a lawyer on TV. - Instead, I'm a retired city/state/federal LEO of nearly 3 decades tenure.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    bones_708,

Post # 543 could easily have been addressed to you as well as to "Nate C", HATER. = When/IF you stop making DUMB-bunny comments about "style" & make meaningful comments that illustrates that there's some small amount of "gray matter" between your ears, you won't be ridiculed as a FOOL.

jus tmy OPINION, satx

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You guys can whack eachother off all you want. Most reading this know slavery wasn't the main cause of the civil war and the Yankees were the bad guys.

I hope not because they would be wrong. Even satx ended up making the case for slavery being the largest reason for the civil war.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zinc warrior,

What's actually a horror story is that any State would be foolish enough to let a DUNCE like you be licensed to practice law.

Otoh, BHO claims to be a lawyer & Constitutional Law scholar, though NOBODY has been willing to admit that they knew that HATER of Constitutional rights in law school NOR was even one of his alleged students ever identified (or voluntarily came forward). Thus anyone can claim to be a lawyer, with no evidence required.
    (I know of an OK "attorney" who never went to law school, never "read law" nor was she admitted to the OK bar. - When her husband died, she just took over his practice with NO legal training whatever & "practiced" elder law for over 20 years until her death.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    bones_708,

Post # 543 could easily have been addressed to you as well as to "Nate C", HATER. = When/IF you stop making DUMB-bunny comments about "style" & make meaningful comments that illustrates that there's some small amount of "gray matter" between your ears, you won't be ridiculed as a FOOL.

jus tmy OPINION, satx

Dude I've showed you up. You are a idiot afaic not worth wasting my time.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    bones_708,

Are you REALLY that out of touch with reality?? - I "made the case" for nothing of the sort & made your "points", such as they were look like the ranting of a fool.

What I did say was that slavery just ONE of NUMEROUS causes of the WBTS & very important to slave owners, New England slave ship owners & slave traders BUT the "sad plight of the slaves" was of little interest to anyone other than a few thousand freepersons, until it appeared that the UK & France would ally with the CSA against the Unionists
    (At that point the formerly relatively UNIMPORTANT issue became "a grand crusade to free the slaves".)

I also pointed out "in his own words" that Lincoln was a stone racist/anti-Semite/hater of Roman Catholics, who wanted the USA to be solely a "Protestant white man's country"
    Further, I correctly pointed out that William Garrison, the owner/editor of THE LIBERATOR was a life-long owner of a slave-trading company and that GEN US Grant & any number of other senior Unionist officers were slave owners themselves.
    (To put the best possible face on the "magical change" of the Unionist leaders from "slavers" to being "abolitionists" was mass HYPOCRISY & at worst a tapestry of KNOWING LIES.)

yours, satx

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    bones_708,

Are you REALLY that out of touch with reality?? - I "made the case" for nothing of the sort & made your "points", such as they were look like the ranting of a fool.

What I did say was that slavery just ONE of NUMEROUS causes of the WBTS & very important to slave owners, New England slave ship owners & slave traders BUT the "sad plight of the slaves" was of little interest to anyone other than a few thousand freepersons, until it appeared that the UK & France would ally with the CSA against the Unionists
    (At that point the formerly relatively UNIMPORTANT issue became "a grand crusade to free the slaves".)

I also pointed out "in his own words" that Lincoln was a stone racist/anti-Semite/hater of Roman Catholics, who wanted the USA to be solely a "Protestant white man's country"
    Further, I correctly pointed out that William Garrison, the owner/editor of THE LIBERATOR was a life-long owner of a slave-trading company and that GEN US Grant & any number of other senior Unionist officers were slave owners themselves.
    (To put the best possible face on the "magical change" of the Unionist leaders from "slavers" to being "abolitionists" was mass HYPOCRISY & at worst a tapestry of KNOWING LIES.)

yours, satx

Blah blah blah. Was the war about slavery? Yes. Every point you tried to make was either off point crap like above or I showed it's wrong. You suck at this. Really you are not articulate, don't seem to be all that bright, and substitute insults to try and make up for it. You =FAIL

But go ahead capitalize something. That will really show me.

Last edited:

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Yep, Lincoln planned on using them and then shipping them to Africa when he was done.
    So? The sad thing is you think it matters. He did believe that sending any freemen who wanted to go would be a good thing. Doesn't mean the war wasn't about slavery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020