Venture Surplus ad

Flying the Confederate battle flag - Just Don't Do It.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WTK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Georgetown, TX
    A coworker of mine was attending a history class at a collegehere in Austin Texas that has large number of black students. When starting alecture on the Civil War the instructor, a middle aged black man, asked theclass “How many of you believe the Civil War was fought to free the slaves?”Most all the students raised their hands. The instructor went on “Letme put it another way; how many of you believe the white man went to war tofree the black man?” The students knew that didn’t sound right.

The Civil War’s causes were a bit more complex than that, butthe Confederate battle flag has become a symbol of racism.
    Anyone flying it in any form is inviting hazards and complications they just don’t need.
    Remember, that bumper sticker will be photographed and entered as evidence against you.
    Gun Zone Deals

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'm ok with that. As long as they prosecute anyone displaying a flag of any other country that has ever allowed slavery. Including all those African nations.
    It ain't illegal,,,,,,,, yet. I really hope it never gets that far.
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Last edited:

WTK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Georgetown, TX
    I'm ok with that. As long as they prosecute anyone displaying a flag of any other country that has ever allowed slavery. Including all those African nations.

The point is it doesn't work that way. If NC executed a black man the liberal media would show the Stars and Bars flying over the state capital and imply racism regardless of how well deserved the sentence was.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They are going to imply racism anyway. This is the first time in years that there has been this kind of bullshit over the Confederate Battle flag. That wasn't even flown by all Confederate armies. Flag or no flag, statue or none, they won't stop. The only thing they will be happy with is a race war. Liberals think it will bring about their perfect world. They really should be afraid of what they wish for. No matter what color their skin. They won't get what theynthink they will.
    They say that ONLY America is racist now. It's SOUTHERN racists that are all the problem.
    Yeah,,, right,,, the ONLY racists left in the whole world are southern sympathizers
    Bunch of freaking idiots.
    Any other fantasies I should be afraid of?

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Houston -tilliston i gather.
    The problem with college educators is instead of teaching from knowns
    They are teaching their own believes. And that's wrong. Plus people are paying real good money to have their children brainwashed. . I know we need college education.
    But me I'd rather be street smart. . The education is just as pricey. But has real world applications.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston

The Civil War’s causes were a bit more complex than that, butthe Confederate battle flag has become a symbol of racism.

Yes, the Civil War had a complex set of causes. Slavery was a symptom, but not the cause. Was the average Yankee soldier fighting to free the slaves? Doubtful. But in the end that's what it accomplished regardless. To claim otherwise is to diminish the sacrifice in blood, life, and limb made by so many during that war. And it's high time people lose the hard on they have over slavery. It ended over a century ago. No one alive today was a slave in the US, and I'd seriously doubt any of their children are still alive either. Racial wounds will never heal so long as we continue to pick at them. We shouldn't forget it, but no one alive today has a good reason to hold a grudge over slavery. All the slave owners are long gone as well.

And the Confederate battle flag has become a symbol of racism only because we have said so. Heck, even the SC forces didn't fight under the Confederate battle flag during the Civil War. But it's just one symbol that has been co-opted over the years. The swastika was originally a symbol used in Hinduism (IIRC) LONG before the Nazis adopted it.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Although I have never once thought of displaying the Confederate battle flag, the contrarian in me wants to wrap my truck in it now. F all of these bastards that want to force their will on others. If it's legal to burn and desecrate the American flag as free speech, ALL flags are off limits.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Just a guess here but I seriously doubt the 260,000 Confederate soldiers who died fought to retain slaves mostly they fought for there fellow soldiers,family plus to keep their land. The flag was a battle flag for their country. Our schools and universities wish to change and/or damage our history putting us on a path to repeat some of our mistakes. Liberals will in the end unless stopped or controlled destroy America.

Last edited:

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    It's amazing that nobody seems to know these days that the war was about state rights, not slavery. Yes, slavery was the biggest issue for the state rights, but it wasn't just about slaves. Just like gun control isn't just about guns. I am 100% against slavery and will never be okay with it in my country or any other country, but I am tired of the MSM and liberal schools twisting the war to be about evil white men setting the world on fire just so they could keep slaves. Tell the whole story, or none of it!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Liberals from the east have a giant dislike for the south and in my opinion that will only increase as more jobs disappear from their area and come here, all about control of taxpayer money.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    11148850_10100671376689524_2267870683042791493_o.jpg

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    A coworker of mine was attending a history class at a collegehere in Austin Texas that has large number of black students. When starting alecture on the Civil War the instructor, a middle aged black man, asked theclass “How many of you believe the Civil War was fought to free the slaves?”Most all the students raised their hands. The instructor went on “Letme put it another way; how many of you believe the white man went to war tofree the black man?” The students knew that didn’t sound right.

Anyone flying it in any form is inviting hazards and complications they just don’t need.

Remember, that bumper sticker will be photographed and entered as evidence against you.

I'm OK with that as well. If you aren't, then, of course, that is your choice.

Part of why this country is being over run by this Progressive virus is because no one that disagrees with them wants to make their beliefs known to them. Change, the kind that we need, rarely happens without great sacrifice, and though displaying a flag is about the smallest of sacrifice one can do, I say it's a good start.

The Progs are really pushing for a race war. I am fully aware of this and try everyday to not get caught up in the baited nets they have been casting out, but as they keep pushing, they might just get what they want, though I believe the outcome will not be what they expected. Some day soon everyone is going to have to declare publicly where they stand and deal with the results of that declaration. I wouldn't want to be riding the fence when that time comes or one might find themselves very much alone and at odds with both sides.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Some whites from prominent abolitionist families up north did join the fight to end slavery. Ex: Robert Gould Shaw immortalized in the movie Glory.

Not being able to wave the stars and bars around at Hicksville is really going to cramp Clarke's style.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom