Target Sports

Flying the Confederate battle flag - Just Don't Do It.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The cross and the Bible are offensive to strict Muslims. So we should ban them.

Old Glory is offensive to some Iranians and others of middle east descent (heck, to some of the French). So we should ban Old Glory.

Meat is offensive to some. We should ban meat.

Some greenies find any person's footprint on this earth (other than their own, of course) offensive. Should the entire earth's population commit suicide?

Where does it end?
    DK Firearms

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    [QUOTEShould the entire earth's population commit suicide?
    ][/QUOTE]

Liberals would like that, they love victims, however the down side would be no one would remain to applaud liberals good fortune.

NovemberJuliet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    The flag is the pride of traitors to the united States of America. Should never have been flown in the first place once the civil war was over

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    The flag is the pride of traitors to the united States of America. Should never have been flown in the first place once the civil war was over
    Well they did lose the war to the federal government that kept taking more and more powers away from the south and a U.S. Government who wanted to cripple the southern economy, so if we really want to forget that brave souls of all skin colors, religion and backgrounds fought and died against the U.S. Gov for what they believe in we should just take all the rebel flags down and thank Obama for his triumphs over our freedoms today.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lincoln wanted us all as slaves as well, and I'm sure he said ****** as it was in pretty common usage at the time. Woulda had to telegraph it though, no radios.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I myself am not offended by the confederate flag, but I can understand those that are offended. Mainly has to do with how it has been used since the civil war, not during.

As for slavery, of course I am against it, but then that's my 21st century perspective. Had I been born in the 19th century I'm sure my perspective would be somewhat different. It mainly has to do with how you are raised.

As for what started the civil war, certainly the union didn't want slavery and they didn't want secession, but neither actually started the war. The south wanted to buy back Fort Sumter from the U.S. government, but they wouldn't sell, so the south took it by force. When the union tried to march troops through the south to retake the fort and found opposition, that started the war. Slavery hadn't been outlawed at that point and neither had secession, but those were later used as propaganda to fuel the war.

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    image.jpg

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Every race has been subjected to slavery at some point in history. Not institutionalizing slavery is a relatively recent thing in human history. It's still a common practice in some parts of Africa and the Middle East. People who seek to force and steal other people's labor will never go away; they just take new forms.

Hell we still have forms of slavery in the west. White slavery aka sex trafficking. Funny thing is it's most prominent in big liberal cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I myself am not offended by the confederate flag, but I can understand those that are offended. Mainly has to do with how it has been used since the civil war, not during.

And for those offended by it's use after the war , they should know the Klan marched with the U.S. flag too.
    kkkdc3.jpg

Hell we still have forms of slavery in the west. White slavery aka sex trafficking. Funny thing is it's most prominent in big liberal cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also include the endless cycles of handouts as being a form of slavery at this point as well.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I just looked and eBay is taking all the items related to the battle flag from the site.
    The 'Stars and Bars' 13 star flag I bought 2 days ago has been deleted!!!!

I found this one and quickly bought it.

Deluxe Nylon Southern Stars and Bars 3x5 Flag FL640 New 5x3 South Civil War | eBay

I should have gone 'neckbeard' and bought a few dozen to sell at a huge markup when they become illegal.

bob

This nugget was reported by our local newspaper this morning ...

[h=1]Confederate flag sales brisk in Hood County[/h]June 25, 2015
    Two retailers in Hood County reported being sold out of Confederate battle flags amid the recent controversy following the shootings in South Carolina.
    Troy Ferguson, who sells a variety of flags along Hwy. 377 in Cresson, said that he sold about 325 Confederate battle flags between Tuesday and Wednesday.
    “It’s becoming a collector’s item,” he said. The owners of Army Surplus M&J in Granbury are also out of stock on their Confederate battle flags.
    The store sells a number of items featuring the flag’s design.

http://hcnews.com/pages/updates/confederate-flag-sales-brisk-in-hood-county/

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    lmao... My neighbor had the battle flag hung up on his garage this morning. He usually has an LSU flag hanging there, so this is an improvement ;)

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Can this possibly be true? I heard on the radio yesterday that when the civil war started that there were 3 million slaves in the South.

Seems high by a factor of 10 at least...

And that was one reason, along with another big one, that Lincoln did not ship them back to their original home.

There's a full court press on rewriting history these days. I sure don't know what is true. Cannot ever get a correct story on the TV news that is for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom