Flying the Confederate battle flag - Just Don't Do It.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    It wasn't primarily about slavery. Only to the revisionists.

Well that tells me. I mean it's not like I haven't explained again and again busting every argument against me. You, who hasn't been able to make a single salient point and has contributed almost exclusively insults, say so. Yeah that will change my mind.
    Lynx Defense

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Claiming the WBTS was "about slavery" is akin to saying it rains because clouds get too heavy, sort of but it's just not that simple. For those among us so thoroughly indoctrinated they can't seem to get past the fiction of "white guilt" try this instead "the Union did not go to war with the CSA over slavery". If you can comprehend that perhaps there's a chance you can extrapolate it to understand there were other factors involved and that for the vast majority of those doing the fighting and the dying, slavery was symbolic of the real motivations. To talk to a Liberal gun ownership/gun owners are abhorrent and it/they should be outlawed, to gun owners it's a cause worth fighting for but don't think for a minute that means it's about guns to the vast majority willing to fight. It's about what guns represent, a way of thinking, a way of life. Gun control is not about guns, it's about control and the WBTS wasn't about slavery.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Claiming the WBTS was "about slavery" is akin to saying it rains because clouds get too heavy, sort of but it's just not that simple. For those among us so thoroughly indoctrinated they can't seem to get past the fiction of "white guilt" try this instead "the Union did not go to war with the CSA over slavery". If you can comprehend that perhaps there's a chance you can extrapolate it to understand there were other factors involved and that for the vast majority of those doing the fighting and the dying, slavery was symbolic of the real motivations. To talk to a Liberal gun ownership/gun owners are abhorrent and it/they should be outlawed, to gun owners it's a cause worth fighting for but don't think for a minute that means it's about guns to the vast majority willing to fight. It's about what guns represent, a way of thinking, a way of life. Gun control is not about guns, it's about control and the WBTS wasn't about slavery.
    /end thread

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

I would say that's right. The Union did not originally, nor most likely was it ever the primary reason, fight for slavery. The South, which started the war, did.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Whistler,

I've finally come to the sad conclusion that it's pointless to try to prove that TWBTS wasn't about slavery to a bunch of LIBTARDS & Radical Revisionists OR to the uneducated dunces, who are naïve enough to believe their knowing propaganda.

As an old grad school prof of mine said, that issues of causation & even historical events, "--------- are simple only to simpletons." - ImVho, he was 100% correct. Therefore, anyone who even tries to find one/two/a few "simple" reasons for TWBTS is either a fool, a liar and/or sub-normal in IQ.
    (Also, I believe that the academics who created or now adhere to The Radical School of leftist Revisionists are smarter & too educated to believe their South-HATING foolishness, which they spew out onto the internet, indoctrinate students with in classrooms, write down in "history" books & claim on the public airways. Thus I believe that they are simply Anti-American propagandists, who know better but choose to lie about a complex historical period/subject.)

just my OPINIONS, satx

shoot14me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    Houston -tilliston i gather.
    The problem with college educators is instead of teaching from knowns
    They are teaching their own believes. And that's wrong. Plus people are paying real good money to have their children brainwashed. . I know we need college education.
    But me I'd rather be street smart. . The education is just as pricey. But has real world applications.

Like the song says:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I would say that's right. The Union did not originally, nor most likely was it ever the primary reason, fight for slavery. The South, which started the war, did.
    I think the first part of your statement is spot on; to the CSA's political elite is was about slavery because that was a major factor of their influence and wealth. I don't think it was that simple to the average joe.

What makes you think the South started the war?

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I think the first part of your statement is spot on; to the CSA's political elite is was about slavery because that was a major factor of their influence and wealth. I don't think it was that simple to the average joe.

Are you serious?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440432711.078227.jpg

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

You mean other than the CSA firing artillery and attacking union forces?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Sumter

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They asked them to leave first; they refused. It's like evicting a tenant that won't leave. Eventually you'll have to use force to get them off your property.

Visualizing this was entertaining.

Bet it would be a lot easier to evict people, but repairs would be costly, lol.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    They asked them to leave first; they refused. It's like evicting a tenant that won't leave. Eventually you'll have to use force to get them off your property.

Its his fault I hit him with a hammer. He wouldn't give me his wallet...

If you "use force" with a tenant they can 'use force' right back. Then they will sue you and take everything you have. oh wait, that sounds remarkably like what the Union did.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom