• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Hee hee. 2015 Camaro 2SS, triple black convertible, automatic.

9k miles. 10+ grand less then sticker. Ill take a gander at the car today or tomorrow. It's out of town. Past the imaginary line that separates Killeen prices from the rest of Texas.

We'll see how dealer #2 acts on the deal.
    Military Camp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Till I ask them to put in the rack. I wanna see the belly. 9k miles it plenty of time to run over something nasty. Freak out and trade the car in. It might be perfect on the up side. Below it might be a mess.

Ill set eyes on every inch of the car. So tell the service department to put it on the lift....Mr salesman.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Two things I'm doing prior to going to look at this car.

First is figure out what the Damn thing cost new. I estimated,

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-spo...LzRBZGUweWFJQUFnQUEiLCJ0YWIiOiJTVU1NQVJZIn0=@

Updates to the 2016 over the 2015 models are cosmetic. Same car just looks a tick slicker.

Second thing to do. Is try to estimate what the dealer paid for it by looking up the trade in value.

http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/camaro...&condition=very-good&desktopoverlaytimeout=10

I highly doubt they paid up for it. Ill assume $1000 less then the bottom of the scale of KBB. Now, I have marker to judge price.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Dealers use NADA. Special dealer only stuff. That however is still just a guild. A good used car manager has already priced your car as soon as you drove up. From his desk.

The manager going outside to look at the trade is just a show. Give you the impression that it's a time consuming thing. Cars are cattle being ran across the floor. Priced just as fast. The price per pound is dictated by the buyers. The market price is the guild. That sorta thing.

Occasionally the trade ins are crossed checked against the book if someone is unsure. It's all a ball park. Only one for sure that knows how much was paid for it, is the used car manager and the comptroller.

It's also why selling used cars is very lucrative business. New car might have a mark up of $2000. Used might have $5-$7k.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Careful...Black is a bitch to keep clean
    Yeah it stinks... I tried washing my car the other day and couldn't get all the water spots out no matter what I did. I've never had a nice enough car that I needed to actually wash before, and I just had to get the black one :P
    I think I'm going to have to pay some "professionals" a bunch of money to put one of the fancy waxes on it to help me keep it clean.

GHG, why are you looking at Camaros when you wanted a Challenger? Go drive a new Mustang before you decide.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    McGuires makes a spray wax just for black. Haven't tried it yet; but if it's anything like other spray waxes it should be good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    McGuires makes a spray wax just for black. Haven't tried it yet; but if it's anything like other spray waxes it should be good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    You want to try it out? I got a big black brick that needs a lot of love.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Snag

237d5c293778fb9f3942c05c14b0ef94.jpg

"Sent from a puff of smoke"

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'll check it out. I'm kind of hoping to find something that will make the car easier to shine up quickly. I was even thinking about getting the whole thing covered in a clear wrap, but they want about $4500 to do that :p

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    They gave me hell too.

First offer was $500 bucks off. Shook hands and said Fu*k NO. Then the crank. "We have someone coming in tomorrow. Full lick deal. Financing secured. "

Then sell it. Call me tomorrow if it doesn't sell.

Walked out and told the girlfriend to check out the new V6 camaros. (Or is it Camari?) Anyway, 30 seconds later the salesman is out in the parking lot. Then the sales manager, right behind him.

"What do we have to do to sell you this car?"

Discount the living fu*k out of it. Suck the tax up too. We decided on the numbers outside. Shook hands, paid for it, and left two rather black peel out marks on their driveway.

MSRP was $52k. Taxes and all the other happy horsesh*t. Figure somebody paid an easy $57,000 on this thing. Drove it for 9234 miles. Traded it in. GM certified with warranty. Engine has one till 2020. Interior, 2018.

I bought the car for half the price of a negotiated brand new deal. Some dude paid close to $12,000++ to drive the car for 8 months. His ass took the depreciation hit. Thanks for the taking one for the team. Whoever you are.

This bitch has an easy $5 grand in options. Fu*ker even has heated seats.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom