• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah it stinks... I tried washing my car the other day and couldn't get all the water spots out no matter what I did. I've never had a nice enough car that I needed to actually wash before, and I just had to get the black one :P
    I think I'm going to have to pay some "professionals" a bunch of money to put one of the fancy waxes on it to help me keep it clean.

GHG, why are you looking at Camaros when you wanted a Challenger? Go drive a new Mustang before you decide.

Try F1, I used to have a can and it was awesome. Shine up nice and dirt came off with just a rinse after application. No water spots.

Think I had to apply about once a month, but it's easy to put on.

Edit: it's FW1

Sent from my HAL 9000
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Nice! Do you still have the old sea-green one? Can't imagine anyone would have the desire to own two convertible Camaros at the same time ;)

Snag

237d5c293778fb9f3942c05c14b0ef94.jpg

"Sent from a puff of smoke"

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    What are y'all thoughts on True Car

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol I think anything to get their customer to NOT negotiate. Hence true car.

I rifled through it when I had my car totaled. It was the same pricing as I saw other places without me setting down and beating them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Lol I think anything to get their customer to NOT negotiate. Hence true car.

I rifled through it when I had my car totaled. It was the same pricing as I saw other places without me setting down and beating them up.

I did pretty good with them

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    While I agree with you in practice and sentiment, I do need to point out the math error here.

Financing for five years at 0% is cheaper than paying the same amount up front.

Why? Time-value of money. If they're giving me 5 years to pay off $30,000 at 0%, they're actually taking less than $30,000 in "today's money" given that you could be earning interest on the entire sum starting from today. In translation, I'm "saving" paying them that money (either to due inflation or due to investing and earning a return, possibly both). Linearly, $30,000 in five years is about $26,500 today (at 4%), meaning if I take that $26,500, invest at 4% and pay the loan from there (assuming one large payment at the end), I've paid $26,500 for a $30,000 car.

Obviously making payments changes that figure (makes my savings less), but it's not insignificant. The problem is I can't negotiate that with the dealer because they're getting their money from the finance company up front, so it's no different to them. The finance company is hoping I'll do something to cause my 0% rate to increase (miss a payment, etc.), and statistically enough do to make it worthwhile to offer that.

i know I'm late to the party. :)

I get what you are saying. The problem is that cars are usually the biggest item that Americans buy that depreciates. New cars drop like a rock. In fact car purchases and car payments are one of the biggest reasons people are in a financial pinch. People buy too much car, and too new a car, because they can "afford the payment". On top of that, people have trouble selling the car because they are upside down.

I strongly recommend people buy with cash. It usually means they buy more conservatively, it protects their cash flow for other things, such as savings and investing, and eliminates the risk associated with leveraging your vehicle.

and to more on topic, my folks bought a car from a broker who goes to auction. It took several months, but my dad says he got a deal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Nice! Do you still have the old sea-green one? Can't imagine anyone would have the desire to own two convertible Camaros at the same time ;)

Yes Sir. She's in the yard at the moment. She'll get a LS motor swap. 12 bolt rear end. Seats recovered and new steering column. Different rims and tires geared toward handling.

The first thing done to her will be brakes. The factory brakes have-to-go. They're horrible. The front will get 4 piston Brembo calibers. Huge brake discs.

She's close to being a classic and she'll live on to enjoy it. One set of slicks at a time.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    i know I'm late to the party. :)

I get what you are saying. The problem is that cars are usually the biggest item that Americans buy that depreciates. New cars drop like a rock. In fact car purchases and car payments are one of the biggest reasons people are in a financial pinch. People buy too much car, and too new a car, because they can "afford the payment". On top of that, people have trouble selling the car because they are upside down.

I strongly recommend people buy with cash. It usually means they buy more conservatively, it protects their cash flow for other things, such as savings and investing, and eliminates the risk associated with leveraging your vehicle.

and to more on topic, my folks bought a car from a broker who goes to auction. It took several months, but my dad says he got a deal.

But is get a financing issue or a folks budget issue?

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    As I posted earlier, I make a car payment every month to a savings account dedicated to my next car purchase. By the time I am ready for a new one, I have the cash to pay for it. The only problem with this system is starting out. You need to have a car that is cheap enough to start with so you can make payments on it, and payments toward the next. Once you get in the habit of this, it is no more troublesome than making a payment on a car note. It just takes some discipline.l

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    But is get a financing issue or a folks budget issue?

I'm saying that it's hard to win with money if all your money is spent by the time it gets home. Cars usually constitute the biggest payment people have.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    havent purchased a car since 2011, and did it ALL over the phone. went like this...

NeckBeard needed a car. Went to Subaru dealer in town, drove car i wanted. saleman was a douche and wouldn't come down on price. OK... i go home. call a dealership in a city 1.5 hours away.

"Hi, Neckbeard wants this car in this dealership. Do you have the same car, if not what can you do?"

I had a tradein, send him cell phone pics. gave me $500 over bluebook, sold me car for $500 over invoice, drove down to the local dealer here, got car brought to my house, did all paperwork on my kitchen table, and took old car. He also hired a local detailer to come to my job and clean/detail the car fro me N/C.

I've never had such a good experience buying a car, ever. Buying my wife's pilot was a nightmare, however.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    We did finally buy a car.

Had limited time so we couldn't call ahead as we wanted to get there as they opened but the place was less than 10 miles away.

Showed up. We saw your car on the website. Do you have the car? The car is right there? Let's test drive it. Sell me this car. They sold me the car. We drove the car home.

It really should be that easy. We had no trade-in or down payment, no leverage to speak of, but the price listed was fair and they didn't pull any shenanigans, which was good because while we had limited negotiation room I am not going to let them screw me over for giggles.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I think we should start naming salesman, and dealerships with his experiences... I believe that would be a win win

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    PM Standley Motorcars
    Lewisville Mitsubishi
    CarMax in Plano and Irving

All have been good to deal with.

Sadly, I just listed the entirety of dealerships I could recommend.

Top Bottom