• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Never tried them, every business is in it for the money though so if they don't get you somewhere, they get incentives in other ways.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yep, manual cars with that kind of horsepower are the only way to go. Those driving autos may have their reasons but I want the power in my right hand not the computer.

That's why I'm ordering the car in a 6 speed standard. It's a Tremec 6060. Ill pay the tax. The auto is badas* stuff. Standard is still more fun.

We're on the same page about standard transmissions.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm not versed on the "new" Dodges, but the LX (Charger/300/Magnum) and LY (Challenger) platforms of the era I'm driving around (Mine's an '07 I bought new in '06, just about to turn 70k miles lol) was based on the Mercedes E-class sedan. All but the motor, pretty much. MUCH about this car infuriates me, but it's big enough to comfortably seat everyone (except Clarke, he doesn't fit too well) and it has enough power to nip into the high 12's (after a tune). I was not thrilled needing to rebuild the front suspension at only 60k miles. I hate how it shifts. I hate how it tries to "learn" my driving style, only to do the wrong thing every time. There is NEVER a time I want throttle inputs delayed by up to 600ms, thankyouverymuch. Just because you picked 3rd gear coming out of a 90 degree 15mph turn in the road, and I'm easing into the throttle to get your portly ass 4400 lbs. moving, does not mean I want you to drop back to 1st gear at now 20mph and go WOT. The lack of a limited slip rear is insane, and no, using the brakes to slow the 'spinning' wheel is NOT a solution.

Basically, this thing is German, and it acts German.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A performance oriented auto-manual with sequential shifting is a technological marvel that is a blast to drive, but yeah your typical slushbox is just a tragedy. From what I've seen I really don't like the tech they've put in the new Dodges. There's a big difference between technology that works with you and crap that just gets in the way.

Congrats, GHG! I thought you were just blowing smoke when you were talking about it a couple weeks ago.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I'm not versed on the "new" Dodges, but the LX (Charger/300/Magnum) and LY (Challenger) platforms of the era I'm driving around (Mine's an '07 I bought new in '06, just about to turn 70k miles lol) was based on the Mercedes E-class sedan. All but the motor, pretty much. MUCH about this car infuriates me, but it's big enough to comfortably seat everyone (except Clarke, he doesn't fit too well) and it has enough power to nip into the high 12's (after a tune). I was not thrilled needing to rebuild the front suspension at only 60k miles. I hate how it shifts. I hate how it tries to "learn" my driving style, only to do the wrong thing every time. There is NEVER a time I want throttle inputs delayed by up to 600ms, thankyouverymuch. Just because you picked 3rd gear coming out of a 90 degree 15mph turn in the road, and I'm easing into the throttle to get your portly ass 4400 lbs. moving, does not mean I want you to drop back to 1st gear at now 20mph and go WOT. The lack of a limited slip rear is insane, and no, using the brakes to slow the 'spinning' wheel is NOT a solution.

Basically, this thing is German, and it acts German.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A performance oriented auto-manual with sequential shifting is a technological marvel that is a blast to drive, but yeah your typical slushbox is just a tragedy. From what I've seen I really don't like the tech they've put in the new Dodges. There's a big difference between technology that works with you and crap that just gets in the way.

Congrats, GHG! I thought you were just blowing smoke when you were talking about it a couple weeks ago.

No congrats just yet. I don't own the car till I drive it off dealership property. If the car hauler drops a chain on it. I'm not buying it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I never minded driving a manual in traffic. When I worked in the Galleria area of Houston, my daily commute took me down the I-10 parking lot. I was driving a decently modified '98 Firebird Formula with a SPEC Stage IV clutch - no springs in the disc, carbon ceramic pucks. It had two modes: 100% locked, 100% unlocked. Not much in between :) But, with 4.11's in the back and enough torque to pretend it was a small diesel, it really didn't matter. You had a 50/50 chance of stalling it, dumping the clutch at idle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I learned to drive with a manual. Always preferred to to autos.

First time I drove an automatic and needed to slow down I went for the clutch out of habit and caught the edge of the extra wide brake pedal autos have. We stopped fast, lol.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Salesman emailed again. They set up financing. Ready to go.

That's their description. Not mine. What they're trying to do is lower my down payment. Making more of the car financed. The bank wants me to pay as long as it can get me to.

Salesman justification. Lol, I can always pay early. Send the rest of the down payment, that's not in the deal, to the first payment. If I dont, the length of financing stays the same.

The bank is trying it's best to bury me. Lol, assholes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Now the sales manager emails. Isn't that special.

I'm lucky I never gave them my phone number or they'd be blowing it up. The salesman had to put his cell number on the loan application. F**k that. I'm not giving out the cell number. Smoke signals are the easiest way to reach me. Medium light grey, slight tint of black and you can only use fresh cedar wood.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Should I talk about my 18 speed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I knew it! Clarke is Dominic Toretto in disguise.

normal-gearbox-fast-and-furious-gearbox.jpg

Top Bottom