• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    They had a tri coat pearl Hellcat on the showroom floor. Red insert seats, 8 speed auto.

Mere $70k with a $5000 dealer premium. You can test drive it with the price of the car on deposit.
    Lynx Defense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I asked them if it got more expensive if I opened the door. Reply was probably.

Red nappa leather inserts on huge, black, bolstered seats. With red seat belts. Electric everything besides seat lean back. Thick soft leather covered wheel. Flat bottom. Paddle shifters.

Left inside headlight was hollow for a cold air intake or something.

Sexy is word for it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Hint to the game.

Received an email late today saying they were trying to find a lower interest rate. That's complete bullsh*t.

What the salesperson is doing is trying to condition me to the interest rate. They're gonna show me something middle high. Any interest point over the buy rate from the bank is pure profit. The backend of the deal.

To stop that in its tracks. Before signing the contract. I ask to see the buy rate sheet the bank faxed to his office. This is the true rate of the loan. The finance manager can't run up interest points.

Doing flat financing, meaning no nothing added. Financing the bare car. No extended warranty, gap insurance. $300 wax that make ready smears on the car 15 mins before you buy. It's $8 bucks at Wal-Mart. No Damn window etch either.

Top of the list. License plate frame are ok but NO dealer name stuck on the paint. Ill give them props with frames. Till I get home and they come off. I'm not an advertising agency. It's a no-go on the car.

Btw, this is notorious Dodge Country.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    E-nothing soldiers get tore up. Living in the barracks. No bills and they want a car.

All dealerships are the same. The all barter the same.

Dodge has training material for salesmen. It's a script.

Last edited:

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    All dealerships are out to make money since they are a business, that is a no brainer. However, they are not the same in mentality. Such has requiring a deposit to test drive a 70k car. I have had good experiences where I walked in got what I wanted i.e. my truck and left at invoice with no issues or gimmicks to attempt to sell me something else and I have also had the Killeen musical chairs where they are the biggest losers on the planet. I've bought many cars over the years, Fort Hood and Fort Gordon where tons of soldiers and families live have some of the worst customer service ever.

I remember when I was told that I needed to have a deposit for a test drive on a Corvette. The manager actually drove the car while I sat there. I laughed at him at the end of the drive and left. Sorry, 50-70k for a car isn't high dollar, it's attainable. They arn't ferraris or Lambos.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have a question how many miles can a car have and still be new?

Miles don't matter to a point. If it's been titled then it matters. Demo models are the bosses ride. It can have 5k and still be considered new. It's never had a title.

The threshold between New and used is the second it's titled.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Dude, you get a hellcat. Dibs on the first ride. After your lady friend of course.
    I've been thinking about it, but I just cannot wrap my head around spending that kind of money on a DODGE. It'd be more likely that I wait another year or three, and pick up a used 2016 CTS-V.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've been thinking about it, but I just cannot wrap my head around spending that kind of money on a DODGE. It'd be more likely that I wait another year or three, and pick up a used 2016 CTS-V.

The challenger front suspension is 'inspired' from a huge Mercedes. The rear from a smaller Mercedes. Transmission(auto 8 speed)is used in flag ship Mercedes. Engine? Prolly Mitsubishi. Differential is also Mercedes.

Brembo 6 piston. Mid 11's on street drags. It's the modern 426 Hemi.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Auto transmission in a car made for speed is a sin.

Tap shift counts as auto.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    This is beyond what we currently know. This auto transmission shifts faster then a human can. Through an amazing eight gears. Launch control rpm. The works.

Gas guzzler tax on a 2016 scat pack with a standard six speed manual is $1000. Automatic transmission cost $1400. For $450 more you can have an automatic. Forgo the gas tax.....kinda.

Fu*king gas tax.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Well considering a Corvette Z06 was at the same price point back in 2009 when I was originally looking at them, yeah driving it isn't a big deal. The Challenger is the biggest piece of shit muscle car that Chrysler has built in a long time. I used to have a 2009 6 speed SRT8. Typical Chrysler bullshit with the vehicle, paint cracking because of "texas heat", interior falling apart, skip shift that I had to bypass because it wanted me to go from 1st to 4th, plastic trim on the front and back bubbling. At 16000 miles I had enough and canned that piece of shit. If I want a heavy muscle car with juice that isn't a Corvette I will get a Camaro ZL1. Nothing said could ever sway me back to Chrylser after 2 horrendous cars and 3 rental break downs. It's a waste of money but whatever makes you happy in the end is what counts.

To be fair, the corvette had a skip shift too on my 6 speed but it never got in the way and I could still shift to second without having to wait.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This is beyond what we currently know. This auto transmission shifts faster then a human can. Through an amazing eight gears. Launch control rpm. The works.

Gas guzzler tax on a 2016 scat pack with a standard six speed manual is $1000. Automatic transmission cost $1400. For $450 more you can have an automatic. Forgo the gas tax.....kinda.

Fu*king gas tax.

Sin. Don't care what a computer thinks it knows I want the car to do or how I want it to engage the gear.

Sent from my HAL 9000

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yep, manual cars with that kind of horsepower are the only way to go. Those driving autos may have their reasons but I want the power in my right hand not the computer.

Top Bottom