• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    They reaching for the clouds on this one.
    They reach for the clouds...
    ON EVERY... ONE...
    In 13 years?
    Very silly, they think the poor in the whole state can just afford anything...
    Just like they think the middle-class should pay for everything, as over-taxation doesn't hurt the rich, and the poor aren't paying taxes...
    (like illegals that claim less income there to leach off public assistance provided by the middle-class, while working off the books/under the table!)

Proof:
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    They reach for the clouds...
    ON EVERY... ONE...

Very silly, they think the poor in the whole state can just afford anything...
    Just like they think the middle-class should pay for everything, as over-taxation doesn't hurt the rich, and the poor aren't paying taxes...
    (like illegals that claim less income there to leach off public assistance provided by the middle-class, while working off the books/under the table!)

Proof:

Why did you quote me?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Kind of my feelings on it too.
    The motors are there, but suitable power supplies are a long long way off still.
    Exactly. The batteries have been the biggest limiting factor of EV's for a long time. The batteries have a limited range and life-span. they can only be recharged so many times before they will need to be replaced.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I wonder if this includes limousines, pickups, and motor homes? The limousines will impact the glitterati IF they are banned. The pickups towing RVs and the motor homes make up a large part of the California tourist industry so if they make it difficult for out of state folks to visit

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Exactly. The batteries have been the biggest limiting factor of EV's for a long time. The batteries have a limited range and life-span. they can only be recharged so many times before they will need to be replaced.
    At great expense!

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I have heard it's only for new purchaces as of their chosen date of ban taking place. All else is grandfathered. Think about it there is no way banning all gas vehicles could happen or work.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have heard it's only for new purchaces as of their chosen date of ban taking place. All else is grandfathered. Think about it there is no way banning all gas vehicles could happen or work.

Next step will be to limit the number of petroleum dispensories aka gas stations. Then continually increase the price on petroleum oil and gasoline. Drive the price up ward of $20 / gallon - you eliminate the ability of the average person to drive. Then they'll push the insurance companies into enacting policy restrictions - by mandating "safety" features in EV's that won't be present in combustion vehicles, thus making combustion vehicles less safe (on paper) so subject to higher insurance rates. Then add in pollution surcharges for conbustion engines - a per-mile based tax of a "modest" penny per mile at first, which can be ramped to five or ten cents per mile driven.

They then tighten emissions control standards and make all combustion engines subject to the same standards - you get rid of previously grandfathered combustion engines, you get rid of motorcycles, two stroke engines of all kinds.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The autonomous vehicles companies are developing for delivery and passenger vehicles, should not be allowed on public roads. Our lives shouldn't be put at risk by an electronic device.
    Some want the opposite. Only autonomous vehicles allowed on public roads.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I saw that GM is making people who buy new Corvette's to purchase OnStar. Probably a way to track you.

Forced subscription bullshit. Toyota pissed me off when in 2018, IIRC, they linked certain features like remote start to their stupidass onstar like app - buy the car new, you get 5 or 10 years "free" subscription, after that - you pay up, or those features don't work anymore. I'd yank all that shit right out and go with aftermarket replacements that don't require some stupid subscription. I like remote start, but not going to pay the auto maker in perpetuity to use it. That reeks of Microsuck's bullshit when they made Office and similar software renewing licenses to use, instead of you buy it, its yours forever.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom