• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Water overage fees for watering ones lawn, plastic grocery bag fees, "TAXED Redemption values" on cans and bottles...It won't end...

Shutting off power because fire is on the way screwed many people, I read, so if they had electric vehicles, they'd be screwed from getting out of Dodge, if forced to evacuate to evade fire.

What will people do for off-road usage like quads and motorcycles as backup then?

Electric off-road vehicles that strand people?

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD ANYONE LIVE THERE?
    States like this (NY, NJ, even Virginia and Maryland now it seems) are a complete lost cause, and will never recover.
    But they shouldn't come here, as we are full, but go somewhere else. :D

My understanding is that once can't even get across Texas easily if in an electric vehicle, especially when many get shut down when people need them most, per this road trip: https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/v...trip/287-c3ff1c22-b57d-4fad-92ea-036256496b7d
    Running around trying to find a charge-station, when on about Empty is not my idea of a good time...

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    b141a6db337ce4b9718aa03c3dc8e32c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If Cali bans gas cars maybe those gas cars will flood the market in other states and bring prices down. I hope so. I've been holding off on getting another vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Just think about all of those electric cars, that run on electricity that is generated by fossil fuel, on an already stressed electrical grid. Yes sir, those libtard commie bastards in Kalifornia have it figured out. They really are saving the planet and virtue signaling at the same time. They sure have it going on.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I want to see California ban gas outdoor lawn equipment. That would be funny! I know there are electric riding mowers and such...all my small lawn equipment is battery powered. But ban gas for consumers and commercial businesses would be funny for that state.
    My lawn equipment has been battery powered for several years. This was because I was tired of the ethanol fuel problems in the gas powered equipment. It was my choice to replace the gas fueled equipment, not a government mandate forcing it on me.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My lawn equipment has been battery powered for several years. This was because I was tired of the ethanol fuel problems in the gas powered equipment. It was my choice to replace the gas fueled equipment, not a government mandate forcing it on me.
    California did pretty much kill off the two-stroke motorcycles and small outdoor equipment market because of emissions.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    My lawn tractor was built in 1958 and still going strong.
    F' battery powered lawnmowers!
    And I run ethanol free gas from Buc-ees. Expensive but have had no fuel related problems since I started using it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    California recently told residents not to charge their cars between the hours of 4pm to 9pm due to a power shortage. Now imagine if everyone in California has an electric vehicle. I can't imagine any problems in their future.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    California recently told residents not to charge their cars between the hours of 4pm to 9pm due to a power shortage. Now imagine if everyone in California has an electric vehicle. I can't imagine any problems in their future.
    It may become necessary for CA to ration ev charging times using smart meters to limit capacity during peak times to a homeowners address. Air conditioning or ev charge?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My lawn tractor was built in 1958 and still going strong.
    F' battery powered lawnmowers!
    And I run ethanol free gas from Buc-ees. Expensive but have had no fuel related problems since I started using it.
    I think it should be the choice of the consumer driving the choices between battery power or gasoline, not governments.

I have looked at battery powered riding mowers for myself, but they run about 15% to 20% higher in initial cost over gasoline riding mowers. I can still get most any part I need to keep my old 1995 riding mower going.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom