• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    They will just double down. They don’t care. Heck, just look at the Covid jabs. Even MSM is starting to report the shots arent as advertised, and it common knowledge in the general populace that there are at least some risks to the jab. Thats not stopping the military or DC from mandates. Didn’t mean to jump topic here, but just pointing out the govt gives zero chits about whether or not something is ready for prime time. They will push it anyway. I’m reading the Brits are in for an interesting winter due to the same types of decision making

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Did you see post #12.
    Ya, but GM lost me as a customer before that announcement. No way in heck I would trust them to build a reliable computer on 4 wheels. They can’t even master stuff that should be tried and true like transmissions ( 8 speed). How :any AFM motors had to be prematurely replaced? The common center dash crack on newer trucks/tahoes and the like. Look no further than the Bolt to see what future GM cars will look like, What a joke.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Point is, it doesn't matter what the state says if no ICE vehicles are being produced anyway.

I don't think GM is the only one that said this.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Point is, it doesn't matter what the state says if no ICE vehicles are being produced anyway.

I don't think GM is the only one that said this.
    My only concern is getting fuel and parts for my current vehicles. They should last many years.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ya, but GM lost me as a customer before that announcement. No way in heck I would trust them to build a reliable computer on 4 wheels. They can’t even master stuff that should be tried and true like transmissions ( 8 speed). How :any AFM motors had to be prematurely replaced? The common center dash crack on newer trucks/tahoes and the like. Look no further than the Bolt to see what future GM cars will look like, What a joke.
    I just don't trust a fully electric vehicle. The technology is still just too new, and unproven.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I want to see California ban gas outdoor lawn equipment. That would be funny! I know there are electric riding mowers and such...all my small lawn equipment is battery powered. But ban gas for consumers and commercial businesses would be funny for that state.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I want to see California ban gas outdoor lawn equipment. That would be funny! I know there are electric riding mowers and such...all my small lawn equipment is battery powered. But ban gas for consumers and commercial businesses would be funny for that state.

I think they did that a couple years ago already.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Imagine all of the tow trucks needed to pull those dead vehicles off of the freeways after their batteries die.
    Also bound to cause closure of gas stations throughout the state. Who will go to California in the future? Who wants to go there anyway?

That'll be a trip - California's standards for vehicles doing police tows (most tow companies do, its big $$$$) means they're turning trucks over every couple years already (which also means those trucks don't get shit for maintenance compared to a used truck for another state - why do regular PMS when you're getting a new truck every 2 years?)

Granted, its been a couple years since I regularly looked at new trucks - but there were no solid relialbe options for hybrid trucks (yes, Navistar HAS one, but no one I knew that had experience with them had positive things to say) let alone all electrics.

Cali's standards for commercial vehicles have been retarded for decades as is. I've got friends who are owner operator (or were) truckers that don't take loads to or from Cali, because of the stupid emissions regulations and shit. Their trucks are too old and they don't want to get fucked over by CHP.

The scary thing is - California makes up the bulk of Texas' new residents, a full 1/8th of new Texans are from Cali per DPS figures. They're not all conservatives, they're just opportunists fleeing the sinking ship. Hopefully Texas doesn't start adopting California policies because of the mass exodus from a failing state. Keep Texas Texas, not just the south's version of Cali!

Top Bottom