• ...and so much more!
  • Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I am not a 380 fan period, however my folks had a Bersa 380 back in the day so I acquainted myself with it one afternoon. The results were it was combat accurate, reliable, and not unpleasant to shoot. Double action trigger was a bit atrocious but single was usable. If you had to carry a 380 you could do much worst. Of course personal milage may vary.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I had one several years ago and it was not new. I experienced at least one FTF with every magazine. I cleaned it numerous times, shot it wet, shot it wiped clean but never could rely on it as a carry gun. However I have a friend that has a new one and it eats anything he feeds it.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I had a couple of them, They both shot great for me.LIke @Kar98 said, it's a wannabe PPK for about 1/2 the price. If I remember correctly, the takedown was a little easier than a PPK.
    I believe it has aluminum feed ramp, so might want to stick with brass ammo.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Have 2. One single stack and one double stack. Never have had any issues. Picked up both used. As said above, accurate enough.

They don’t get shot much. More into revolvers that I reload for.

Nothing wrong with them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I have one, it shoots great. I don't carry it but it's fun to shoot. I did have a problem when I got it, the hammer release wouldn't work correctly. Took it to Gander Mtn, they were a repair center. Got it back and worked a couple of times. Watched a video on YouTube and fixed it myself.

LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    I have a single stack Bersa in .380. it's a good gun for me. Shoots well, accurate, easy to rack the slide......This one I have does not like flat nose ammo. But with round nose FMJ and any HP rounds, it's just fine. I don't carry it very often; I prefer .45cal.

It's kept in a drawer near the center of the house so I can get to it easily, if I need a secondary gun for any reason. And it's my fishing gun if I'm out on the lake or at the seashore fishing the surf.

Takes a beatin' and keeps on tickin'.

LabRat

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Have shot many Thunder .380's. Hollow points fed reliably.....

The only issue is the steel they make their slide locks with is soft. Continued use of the slide lock as a release wears the slide lock to the point it will not hold the slide open in short order. I am not exaggerating when I say I have replaced 10 + slide locks over the years (on customer guns).

Pull the slide back and release it, you will never have an issue....

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I think now there's enough reliable locked breech .380's out there to not want to bother with the bersa.

They aren't bad guns, but between glock and s&w, you can get guns that are just better.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I have one. I got it used and it had a factory magazine and a ProMag magazine. The ProMag is useless. The gun is solid and shoots great.

Bersat1.jpg

Bersat2.jpg

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    If this is for concealed carry/personal defense as most guns this size are, then you will want to be sure it works reliably.

I looked into one about 10 yrs ago. If you get one that works, you will love your budget 380. But there seemed to be a percentage of them (hard to estimate based on anecdotes) that required warranty work. If you get one that doesn't work, you'll be pissed about having to coordinate with a "warranty center". According to Bersa's website, there are currently four in the US (MN, WI, IN, TX). The TX location is in Lott south of Waco. This so-called "center" appears to be a mom n' pop shop in a small town, but they likely get unlimited spare parts and lots of practice fixing them.

I never went through with the buy, but if I had, I would have bought used after test firing. You'll know it works and get an even better deal over new. As other have said, there are better guns in this size out there, even if they do cost a little more.

I have a Ruger LCPII--reliable, tiny, and inexpensive. I carry it when its really hot out and I want a pocket gun. Otherwise I have moved to microcompact 9mms like the Sig 365 as they are about the same size as the old 380s.

Last edited:

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    If this is for concealed carry/personal defense as most guns this size are, then you will want to be sure it works reliably.

I looked into one about 10 yrs ago. If you get one that works, you will love your budget 380. But there seemed to be a percentage of them (hard to estimate based on anecdotes) that required warranty work. If you get one that doesn't work, you'll be pissed about having to coordinate with a "warranty center". According to Bersa's website, there are currently four in the US (MN, WI, IN, TX). The TX location is in Lott south of Waco. This so-called "center" appears to be a mom n' pop shop in a small town, but they likely get unlimited spare parts and lots of practice fixing them.

I never went through with the buy, but if I had, I would have bought used after test firing. You'll know if works and get an every better deal over new. As other have said, there are better guns in this size out there, even if they do cost a little more.

I have a Ruger LCPII--reliable, tiny, and inexpensive. I carry it when its really hot out and I want a pocket gun. Otherwise I have moved to microcompact 9mms like the Sig 365 as they are about the same size as the old 380s.
    As with all gone I have ever owned if they digest 200 rounds with no issues they are good to go. For the $300 I can afford to go through a few untill I get a good one. I'm looking for guns for my daughters to carrying their vehicles or on person depending their moods. They dislike shooting the 9mm a 45 may as well be a 44 mag and snub 38s have too much muzzle blast. I once had a 380 and I believe this will work out fine for them.

Last edited:

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    For 380s, LCPII and Bodyguard are good to go for concealability and reliability. For a mostly vehicle gun, I have heard folks rave about the Beretta 84.

Top Bottom