• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I pocket carried one back in VA. Never had any reliability problems. Shot it quite a bit. Even hit a quarter with it at about 7 yards lol. For the money it’s not a bad little gun. That said I don’t even think about 380 anymore. They make enough micro 9s these days that 380 should just hit the bricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I pocket carried one back in VA. Never had any reliability problems. Shot it quite a bit. Even hit a quarter with it at about 7 yards lol. For the money it’s not a bad little gun. That said I don’t even think about 380at the time i bought the bersa anymore. They make enough micro 9s these days that 380 should just hit the bricks.

at the time i bought the bersa it was beforethe smaller 9mm's hit the market

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    at the time i bought the bersa it was beforethe smaller 9mm's hit the market

Yea same here. I remember back then there weren’t many decent micro 9s. Offhand I think the Glock 26 was about the smallest reliable 9mm around at the time. Nowadays I just carry a full size anyway. Even in the heat it really doesn’t bother me. I just like things now that can have multiple uses. I don’t have room or money for too many extras lol.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    But, in the same size gun, the .380 kicks a lot less while doing comparable damage to a perp. If I had to carry a micro-pistol, I'd much rather have a P365 in .380 than 9mm.

Though I shoot it alot, I was a little surprised at the snappy in the 365. Wasn't expecting how snappy it was the first time I shot it. It has loosened up now a little. But it has a noticeable difference from a 380.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    For 380s, LCPII and Bodyguard are good to go for concealability and reliability. For a mostly vehicle gun, I have heard folks rave about the Beretta 84.

I somehow manage to hit the mag release just about every time I shoot a Bodyguard.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    One thing I remember about the Bersa Thunder was that if you slap in a magazine with the slide locked back, it will release and chamber a round. Added benefit if you get in a gun fight and have to reload.

Most semi autos that I’ve had do that that if ya slam it in hard enough.

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    Can’t go wrong with the Bersa. I think it has least amount of recoil of any other 380’s compared to the other 380’s that size and smaller. Like the others mentioned just stay away from pro mags. Mine came with the pro mag and it sucks.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    You guys are a bad influence and I've always had a problem dealing with peer pressure. I stopped by to see my buddy at the pawn shop this morning and he had a used Bersa he was putting out. For under $200, I brought it home. Yeah, it's colored up like an Easter egg, but I don't care.

Bersa Thunder.jpg

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    OP did you end up getting the Thunder? I'm considering Ruger LCP Max, but looking at other options as well.
    No These are to be for two of my daughters. They like the Glock 42. I am not a Glock fan so we ended up leaving all on the table for now.

They also liked the little Sig but it's a little pricey for a first gun for them.

The Bersa just looked and felt cheap even though they rank pretty high we all agreed not to get that one.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    No These are to be for two of my daughters. They like the Glock 42. I am not a Glock fan so we ended up leaving all on the table for now.

They also liked the little Sig but it's a little pricey for a first gun for them.

The Bersa just looked and felt cheap even though they rank pretty high we all agreed not to get that one.
    Bersa may look cheap but the one I have shoots great.

Top Bottom