• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dang. My nature is to compromise.
    I keep hoping for a middle-ground concession on his physical border barrier funding but it seems any legislation that might come across Trump's desk will be devoid of an aliquot of wall money.

He will have 3 choices. All three pretty bad.

1. Sign it and get ridiculed by his base for re-caving.
    2. Don't sign it and get massive backlash from middle America for again shuttering the US.
    3. Declare a national emergency which most voters think is not real and see it languish is infinite court battles.

Any body have a viable option #4?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I keep hoping for a middle-ground concession on his physical border barrier funding but it seems any legislation that might come across Trump's desk will be devoid of an aliquot of wall money.

2. Don't sign it and get massive backlash from middle America for again shuttering the US.
    3. Declare a national emergency which most voters think is not real and see it languish is infinite court battles.

Don't even let legislation reach his desk if it does not have some degree of funding. Then blame Pelosi and Schumer for not being reasonable and shutting down the government.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX

Nope, no viable option.

You can't have negotiations when only one side is willing to negotiate, and Pelosi and Schumer have made it more than clear they are not willing to negotiate.

The only bright side is, against my former belief that Trump would retain blame for another shutdown, Pelosi's comment that she'd rather see the government shutdown forever will very likely force the dems to take blame for another shutdown.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

President Trump as COMMANDER IN CHIEF of the Armed Foreces should ORDER the Corps of Engineers and/or the Navy's SEA BEES to build the wall with his "discretionary funds".

yours, satx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A lot of border wall/fence/barrier exists that needs to be improved, bolstered and renovated.

My wife is constantly watching Home and Garden TV home restoration shows.
    Maybe get HGTV to sponsor a show and renovate the border barriers?

These guys could do it. HGTV has deep pockets and has lots of experience.

drew-jonathan-roles.jpg

Attachments

• drew-jonathan-roles.jpg
      drew-jonathan-roles.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 280

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    1. shut down the gov. again and both blame and quote Pelosi.

2. declare all federal judges except SCOTUS non-essential sso any legal action can't be judge shopped.

3. declare emergency and build wall.

gaines67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    1. shut down the gov. again and both blame and quote Pelosi.

2. declare all federal judges except SCOTUS non-essential sso any legal action can't be judge shopped.

3. declare emergency and build wall.

1. declare gun deaths a national emergency.

2. declare all federal judges except SCOTUS non-essential so any legal action can’t be judge shopped.

3. confiscate all firearms from law abiding citizens who are not law enforcement or armed forces.

4. await supporting SCOTUS opinion from liberal justices installed by democrat presidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

2. declare all federal judges except SCOTUS non-essential so any legal action can’t be judge shopped.

3. confiscate all firearms from law abiding citizens who are not law enforcement or armed forces.

4. await supporting SCOTUS opinion from liberal justices installed by democrat presidents.

I'm going boating.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

The Left is not waiting for the Right for any direction. If in the right position, the Left will do all of the above and more regardless of what the Right has done prior.

Top Bottom