• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Because they will do whatever the leader of he party wants. When has a Republican Senate not confirmed a Republican nominee?
    The problem with your poor arguments is that you have zero substance. You're arguing your feelings. Your feelings can only be debated or changed by yourself.

Have substance or don't debate. You're making yourself look worse.

Mike,
    the only controversy with the tax returns is that they were illegally obtained. Is anyone talking about that? Look at Hillarys taxes, she also has the deduction from a loss and hers is 690k. How would she have a loss? She doesn't even run a business.
    Hurley's Gold

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I've been searching for a video clip of a Trump interview in which he states that every American, no matter how little money that make, should pay at least some taxes.

And almost everyone does pay some taxes. It's pretty darn hard not to. Sales, use, RE, payroll, income.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    And almost everyone does pay some taxes. It's pretty darn hard not to. Sales, use, RE, payroll, income.

Precisely, and the second link I added to that post has the video I mentioned. Trump's contradictory remarks are clearly hypocritical given that he isn't paying any taxes.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Trump's contradictory remarks are clearly hypocritical given that he isn't paying any taxes.

FIT loss carry forwards do not exempt anyone from paying all the other types of taxes one is subject to.

As to being hypocritical, they (politicians) all are. What's your point?

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    The problem with your poor arguments is that you have zero substance. You're arguing your feelings. Your feelings can only be debated or changed by yourself.

Have substance or don't debate. You're making yourself look worse.

Thats rich coming from a Trump supporter. Its not feelings. He literally cited nominating his family. He has expressed no understanding of actual legal issues, or even the separation of powers which he appears to be against. Not to mention on key issues we've care about (2nd A) he's a flip flopping Democrat.

Frankly with his work ethic the real fear might be that he doesn't nominate anyone because he can't be bothered.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Precisely, and the second link I added to that post has the video I mentioned. Trump's contradictory remarks are clearly hypocritical given that he isn't paying any taxes.
    Not everyone has business losses either. Not everyone takes on billions of dollars in risk. Not everyone creates jobs and has a responsibility to protect those jobs. Not everyone pays large amounts of other property tax, sales tax, etc etc tax.

Everyone pays as little federal income taxes as they are legally required to. Everyone takes as many credits as they can grab.

Moreover, because his income is high, how many years was he able to pay no tax? 10? 15 max? How many years previously did he pay tax? How many years since the end of the carry-over has he paid tax? Who knows, but it's likely more than I have made in my lifetime.

Also, how old is he? 70? How much do you pay, Mike, as a senior? How much do seniors pay on average in FIT?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    That argument is not going to cut it when the average voter has to pay income taxes and Trump hasn't in decades. Further, thats a motivator to get people to vote.

Sad but true. Look how they beat Romney with a similar issue (his low tax rate due to legally tax-free income.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Thats rich coming from a Trump supporter. Its not feelings. He literally cited nominating his family. He has expressed no understanding of actual legal issues, or even the separation of powers which he appears to be against. Not to mention on key issues we've care about (2nd A) he's a flip flopping Democrat.

Frankly with his work ethic the real fear might be that he doesn't nominate anyone because he can't be bothered.
    Again, zero substance. None. Saying something like it's a fact but not citing facts and ending in baseless speculation.

Another thing about your post that is an outright lie "he's a flip flopping Democrat". No. he is the Republican nominee. It's a fact. You can look it up. Hillary is the D nominee.

You're building yourself a terrible history of misrepresentation of facts and outright lies. Be a better person.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    [video]http://www.msnbc.com/craig-melvin/watch/trump-unfair-when-people-don-t-pay-taxes-778059843770[/video]

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/donald-trump-taxes-50-percent-Americans-dont-pay >>> In the first video (this link) Trump complains that half of all Americans "pay no tax". That comment starts at about 2:35.
    This second link wasn't here when I responded. It still doesn't help your argument. Theres nothing illegal about using the tax laws that are being enforced. Hillary is using the same tax laws. We're not using them because we don't file the same type of tax returns as multi-billionaires or multi-millionaires. They don't use a 1040-ez

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Again, zero substance. None. Saying something like it's a fact but not citing facts and ending in baseless speculation.

Another thing about your post that is an outright lie "he's a flip flopping Democrat". No. he is the Republican nominee. It's a fact. You can look it up. Hillary is the D nominee.

You're building yourself a terrible history of misrepresentation of facts and outright lies. Be a better person.

Trump supporters throw around the attack of "lie" as quickly as Democrats cry "racist".
    He has historically supported both Clintons. His positions are Democrat. When did supporting Planned Parenthood and paid family leave become Republican positions? When did illegally restricting people on the no fly list from purchasing firearms become a Republican position?

As for your argument I should be a better person, very Trumpian. Can't argue positions, attack the opponent. I imagine that works in the 4th grade.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Trump supporters throw around the attack of "lie" as quickly as Democrats cry "racist".
    He has historically supported both Clintons. His positions are Democrat. When did supporting Planned Parenthood and paid family leave become Republican positions? When did illegally restricting people on the no fly list from purchasing firearms become a Republican position?

As for your argument I should be a better person, very Trumpian. Can't argue positions, attack the opponent. I imagine that works in the 4th grade.
    I call someone a liar when they lie. Finally you have some substance in a post that is worth debate.

As far as your last paragraph, before now you are the one not arguing facts and positions. I am a libertarian, but Johnson's character as a social justice warrior and his history of carbon tax support disqualify him. I am not a moderate, but I will vote trump on my hopes that he as an unknown in government power will be better than Hillary.

He donated to the clintons and other politicians. His stances, like most republicans are moderate on many issues. The no fly list restrictions were supported by republicans before trump. Here- Republican and Democratic Senate supporters of a new gun bill, from left, Lindsey Graham, Bill Nelson, Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte. The measure would ban sales to terrorism suspects.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    By the way zinc, if republicans were against what you say they are, why do the republicans pass a budget every year with funding for planned parenthood and Obamacare? They're spineless backstabbing RINOs. They are almost as much to blame as democrats and nearly as liberal.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Sad but true. Look how they beat Romney with a similar issue (his low tax rate due to legally tax-free income.

That argument is not going to cut it when the average voter has to pay income taxes and Trump hasn't in decades. Further, thats a motivator to get people to vote.
    Show me a person that loves paying taxes, and wants more of it, and I'll show you a bona fide communist. Probably someone who will vote Hillary no matter what anyhow.

As far as the previous election, Obama won because he over promised to those who will benefit from the wealthy paying taxes. Oh, and he didn't deliver. So, I imagine it won't be too much a factor this go around, especially considering Hillary isn't as politically clean as Obama was. He wins on the economy.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    FIT loss carry forwards do not exempt anyone from paying all the other types of taxes one is subject to.

As to being hypocritical, they (politicians) all are. What's your point?

Only that Trump is a hypocritical liar who flip-flops on the issues as if he's just changing his shirt. No, Clinton is no better overall.

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Someone having a different opinion than you is not what the English language calls a lie, but if that floats your boat cool.
    He donated to the clintons and other politicians. His stances, like most republicans are moderate on many issues. The no fly list restrictions were supported by republicans before trump. Here- Republican and Democratic Senate supporters of a new gun bill, from left, Lindsey Graham, Bill Nelson, Susan Collins and Kelly Ayotte. The measure would ban sales to terrorism suspects.

Its not on the party platform. The fact that a few support it doesn't make it either a Republican or Conservative position.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    By the way zinc, if republicans were against what you say they are, why do the republicans pass a budget every year with funding for planned parenthood and Obamacare? They're spineless backstabbing RINOs. They are almost as much to blame as democrats and nearly as liberal.

Because we live in a Republic and votes are needed to pass a budgets, else the economy goes into a Depression.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom