Hurley's Gold

You're sound asleep, there is a disturbance...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I am a flashlight nut. I believe in its all its applications- not just an illumination device. Flashlights can be impact weapons and great for disorienting people as ChunkMonkey stated. I also think a lot of people over estimate their ability to get to long guns, etc. in the event an intruder is in the house. So for me personally, I keep a maglite closest to my head in the event I feel I need an immediate impact weapon(it also happens to be next to my EDC knife). My goal, if time and opportunity allow, is to open my bedside table, where I keep a Fenix Tk35(very light and compact, but packs a 820 lumen strobe, but has 4 other settings if you need less hardcore). It may sound funny, but I also plan to put on my Fenix Headlamp for an extra 275 lumens in the event in the event I have to go complete hands free. Of course there is also a TLR-1 on my USP .45 thats always close by as well. So I'm gonna be lit up like a Christmas tree!

Edit to add: I also have Fenix TK12s on my M4 and 1187, should I have the time and opportunity to get a long gun.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I am a flashlight nut.
    My goal, if time and opportunity allow, is to open my bedside table, where I keep a Fenix Tk35(very light and compact, but packs a 820 lumen strobe, but has 4 other settings if you need less hardcore).

Me too....see post #23, lol......

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Yeah that TK35 is a bad ass! I love mine and wouldn't trade them for the world. I even gave my dad one recently for fathers day and he hasn't quit talking about it.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    streamlight polytac. It's already conveniently located on my gun so I don't have to look for two different things in a hurry lol.

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Man, you guys are SERIOOOUS about your damn flashlights! I mean I used to think a flashlight was just a flashlight, but over the years have become more serious about them, just not as serious as some of you guys, WOW!!

I just use one of these little cheapies I got from my brother. If need be I can mount it on my AR, but dont see the point. Even tho it was made for an airsoft, it gets the job done, and even has the strobe on it. SWISS ARMS FLASHLIGHT

Academy - Swiss Arms LED Luxeon Flashlight

Its bright enough for what I need it for.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

But can you run over it with a tank, drop it in a bucket full of rosie o'donnels piss and shit, shoot at it with birdshot, throw it off a helicopter, and then still use it in a home defense situation reliably? If not it's junk.

;)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For a disturbing disturbance I'll grab my nightstand gun that has a TLR3 attached. Next to the bed I also have an old school punk thumping 4-cell Maglight that I dropped a LED upgrade into. I've got a 3-cell LED upgraded Maglight that lives on the kitchen counter. I carry a Hugsby P2 on me anytime time I have pants on. I've got a few other china lights stashed around the house. I also have a few of those low output "9 LED" flashlights because those are good for just walking around the house without making light that will wake everyone else up.

I feel kinda the same way about flashlights as I do screw drivers and guns. You can't have too many and you need at least one in every room.

WalMart cheapie $25. Coleman Max CR2 LED Flashlight Extremely small but still 100+ lumens.
    I've got one of those, too. It lives in my car.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    But can you run over it with a tank, drop it in a bucket full of rosie o'donnels piss and shit, shoot at it with birdshot, throw it off a helicopter, and then still use it in a home defense situation reliably? If not it's junk.

;)

It's a sure thing that it wouldn't get used again

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Man, you guys are SERIOOOUS about your damn flashlights! I mean I used to think a flashlight was just a flashlight, but over the years have become more serious about them, just not as serious as some of you guys, WOW!!

I just use one of these little cheapies I got from my brother. If need be I can mount it on my AR, but dont see the point. Even tho it was made for an airsoft, it gets the job done, and even has the strobe on it. SWISS ARMS FLASHLIGHT

Academy - Swiss Arms LED Luxeon Flashlight

70 lumens isn't all that bright. Not enough I'd feel comfortable trying to hide behind it, I wouldn't bet on being able to disorient someone with it.

Hitting someone with 130+ lumens in a dark room can throw them back on their heels. They can't see, they're going to have trouble sorting out WTF just happened for a second or two. Enough time for you to decide that yes, this is someone that needs to be shot and do what needs doing.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    For a disturbing disturbance I'll grab my nightstand gun that has a TLR3 attached. Next to the bed I also have an old school punk thumping 4-cell Maglight that I dropped a LED upgrade into. I've got a 3-cell LED upgraded Maglight that lives on the kitchen counter. I carry a Hugsby P2 on me anytime time I have pants on. I've got a few other china lights stashed around the house. I also have a few of those low output "9 LED" flashlights because those are good for just walking around the house without making light that will wake everyone else up.

I feel kinda the same way about flashlights as I do screw drivers and guns. You can't have too many and you need at least one in every room.

I've got one of those, too. It lives in my car.

Yep, I have a dozen or so of those cheapie led flashlights around the house as well. I got a few that have magnets on them so I stick 'em on the fridge, filing cabinets, etc.

Top Bottom