• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Put me down for the paper towels.

Hmm.. is it ok to come if one.. erm, doesn't eat meat? Because I'm a vegetarian.

What, you think we're going to force-feed you or something? :p Best bring something you find edible, though. And expect some good natured ribbing.
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    hmmmm.....ah hate to be a stick-in-the-mud technical type....but Saturday is the 13th - so is it gonna be Saturday or Sunday??

If it's still Saturday, ah'm IN. Me, the Missus, and at least one buddy - mebbe a coupla others, won't know for a few days.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Sorry TRN it is next sunday not saturday.
    The last "official" meet for 2010 will be in San Antonio at Bexar Range, on November 14th. Shooting should start around noon. We'll be meeting on the area between the pistol, rifle, and clay range.

Sorry If I typo'd somewheres.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Okay....well, chit - back to beggin' the wife-mate again.......man, yer DETERMINED to git mah butt in trouble, ain't ya?!??
    Possibly lol Lucky for me my better half enjoys shooting nearly as much as I do. Although I always get stuck cleaning ALL the guns.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Since some folks often consider buying a particular gun, but wish they could actually shoot one prior to dropping cash on a purchase, I'll be bringing the following weapons if anyone wants to try them out (as well as build-out info if you like the way a particular gun handles):

Springfield 1911 (.45ACP)
    Springfield XD-40 (.40 S&W)
    S&W M&P15 MOE (.223/5.56 NATO)
    Homemade AR-15 (.223/5.56 NATO)
    S&W M&P15-22 (.22LR) - requires high-velocity ammo (as opposed to standard velocity or sub-sonic)
    Henry H001T Frontier lever-action (.22LR)

If you wanna shoot them, all I ask is that you bring your own standard load ammo (no reloads, and no laquer-coated stuff, please). If you don't already have the necessary ammo, just stop off at Wal-mart and get a box or so. Recommended brands:

For .the .45 and .40 pistols:
    - Federal (only available in a box of 50)

For the AR-15's (I'll be shooting Tula polymer-coated steel-cased ammo, so that's what you should buy) :
    -TulAmmo ($5/box of 20)

For the M&P15-22 and Henry:
    - CCI mini mags (only available in boxes of 50)
    - Federal Auto Match (only available in boxes of 350)

If you buy ammo specifically for this, and don't use it all and don't want to keep it, I'm willing to buy the remainder of up to one box that you don't use.

Lastly, I'll be bringing along a CZ-452 Silhouette (.22LR) that I want to sell (if that's okay with the powers that be). I want $400 for it (including the two-gun hard case and a gun sock). I'll also be bringing Wolf Match Target ammo for those who think they might be interested in buying it and want to shoot it first.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Possibly lol Lucky for me my better half enjoys shooting nearly as much as I do. Although I always get stuck cleaning ALL the guns.

<snicker> Tell ya what - when you fill up a 72 x 40 gun safe, then convince the better half that you NEED another one (and get away with it), lemme know!<G> She enjoys shooting - we're goin' to the gun show this weekend to find her a carry holster for her purse - but when you're lookin' at spendin' a day "romantically" on yer anniversary vs. goin' to the range, things can get complicated!

Lemme see....2 Wilsons.....an Ed Brown Classic Custom....14 or so Kimbers...8 Randalls.....an' a ton of other stuff from H&K ta S&W - yeah, she "gets it"! View attachment 5629

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Last update:

4, DC, & Family
    4, LJH
    2, Dcav, & Boss
    2, Prop, & Wife (Boss)
    6, Indp & Family
    4, Mo/Cliffy/Cliffy Jr., etc.
    10, RIA
    1, MSage
    2, Mr. & Mrs. Snakeyes
    2, Mr. & Mrs. Rsaylor
    2, FN, HC, Family, & Army?
    1, Shorts
    2 Jsimmons
    ----
    TGTer's 10ish?
    ----
    50-60

Azurlia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    San Antonio Texas
    Shooting should start around noon. We'll be meeting on the area between the pistol, rifle, and clay range.

I'll talk to the owner about earlier Sunday access. She's given it to us in the past, so hopefully we can get it again for the meet.

I noted this range normally opens at noon... what is the status on earlier Sunday access, and what time is the earliest we should / can show up?

Since in the OP you stated 'shooting should start around noon'.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Normal range activity starts at noon. The organizers and the people doing the cooking can show up at 0800. No shooting may start until noon.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Last update:

4, DC, & Family
    4, LJH
    2, Dcav, & Boss
    2, Prop, & Wife (Boss)
    6, Indp & Family