• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    You are missing out on protecting your life savings from debasement due to money-printing.

People who hold U.S. Dollar demonated pensions, retirement plans and bank accounts currently lose about 10% per year.

That rate will soon accelerate as the Petro-Dollar dies.
    Again, thanks, but our wealth isn't tied to any of that. :)
    Congrats on finding ways to protect yours!
    ARJ Defense ad

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    You are missing out on protecting your life savings from debasement due to money-printing.

People who hold U.S. Dollar demonated pensions, retirement plans and bank accounts currently lose about 10% per year.

That rate will soon accelerate as the Petro-Dollar dies.

We're in agreement about all of this John. I think there is pedantic details we disagree on and I'm ok with that.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    BTC is pseudonymous, not anonymous.

Good distinction.

BTC is an open ledger, distributed network, immutable, pseudonymous payment system.

CBDC is closed ledger, centralized, programable, and attached to your government issued ID.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I wonder when that's going to happen. People have been predicting the imminent death of the Petro-dollar for as long as I can remember.
    I'd say it was dealt a mortal blow a couple years ago when Saudi made deals with Russia and China and we didn't blow anything up. Will be interesting to see if the next administration can renegotiate previous agreements, but it might be futile with the world as a whole deglobalizing.

Of course the Petro-dollar is still a thing in the western world. Reserve currency status is the last thing to go in empire collapse. Takes multiple generations.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I wonder when that's going to happen. People have been predicting the imminent death of the Petro-dollar for as long as I can remember.

Well we have Afghan Allie’s that we’re abandoned in Afghanistan and now hate America, and that includes not just Afghan’s but British, Dutch, and other forces effected by Biden’s botched surrender. Now China see’s Afghanistan as a great place to mine lithium and open trade (even running some Russian pipelines through their country).

We have a war Biden played a part in creating in Ukraine, that is hurting people in Europe, including oil/gas supplies and the leaking that British and Dutch forces are aiding America kill Russian’s. Oddly the British and Dutch are betrayed again. A few countries in Europe are not happy with how things are going in Ukraine with their equipment and money. It’s not a secret.

We have Democrats supporting a dictatorship in Venezuela, who is backed by Russia and might grow stronger than some think.

When Biden called to beg the Saudis for more oil as Biden hampered American oil production, they told Biden to talk to Tone, Dial Tone and hung up on him laughing. Clearly they are not backing America now.

If we look at BRICS for five leading economies of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa, we can see that China and India are the global suppliers for world demand.

Now we know other countries are in support of leaving the American Dollar as a global currency. Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Uruguay and Bangladesh have also supported and invested in BRICS currency. Then you have Egypt, Algeria, Argentina, Nigeria and Mexico thinking about it. There are rumors France and Britain are looking at it too and in talks with China.

Clearly America and the dollar are becoming less relevant globally and making more enemies than Allie’s in the past two years.

It won’t happen overnight, but if we get another weak leader, in 5-10 years expect parts of America to collapse like Greece on the East and West Coasts. Don’t expect to retire rich, and expect the rich to get targeted by the poor as America becomes more like Mexico with only rich and poor, as the middle class goes away with the dollar.

Foreign currency might catch up to the dollar, as many Americans will live in squalor.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It won’t happen overnight,...
    Truth.

I once attended a party that was heavy on congressional staffers. After they got a couple of beers in 'em, they all started trying to convince everybody that the dollar was about to fall, wouldn't last another 6 months, and everyone should move all their cash into gold.

That party was in 1978. 45 years later, I'm still waiting. :)

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Truth.

I once attended a party that was heavy on congressional staffers. After they got a couple of beers in 'em, they all started trying to convince everybody that the dollar was about to fall, wouldn't last another 6 months, and everyone should move all their cash into gold.

BRICS wasn't a thing. The Saudis exclusively traded oil in dollars (as did everyone else)

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Truth.

I work with/for some people people with global connections and who make a lot of money and are rather well involved with Government contracts/interest. Outside of their great stock portfolio’s and land, they are buying foreign currency, lots of foreign currency. Almost have me wanting to buy millions in foreign currency.

It reminds me of a Sergeant who bought Kuwaiti dinars while the rest of us were buying cheap gold. He retired a millionaire several years later. I did buy 1 million Iraqi Dinar at 1850-1, now it’s like 1400-1. But these people are buying money from a few poor countries that might become part of a bigger valued currency.

Granted my back up plan if America’s money goes to crap is to move to Costa Rica.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    It's happening right now.

If only the Fed is buying U.S. Bonds (buyer of last resort), the amount of money Congress can borrow and spend becomes MUCH smaller.

Every Nurse, Teacher, Plumber, Veteran, Retiree, and Car Salesman in your neighborhood depends on lavish Congressional spending for their current lifestyle.

Things I will miss most after the Petro-Dollar dies:

* Ambulance and Police services
    * Universal Air Conditioning for hellish Texas summers.
    * Old people stored in nursing homes where they can't annoy the rest of us.
    * Kids stored all day in public schools where they can't annoy the rest of us.
    * 3/4 ton trucks for pulling big Pontoon Boats for leisuring on the lake.

I got a lifetime of goodies from being able to export our Inflation. I appreciate it.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    decentralized cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, digital currencies created by the government are centralized and could be more vulnerable to cyber attacks
    I find I am far less worried about attacks than I am of gov malfeasance or simple incompetence. I spent the Last three days trying to pay the IRS 2022 taxes. Never happened. Screw em. Come and take it.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    I spent the Last three days trying to pay the IRS 2022 taxes.

I had to submit my 1040 to the I.R.S.'s website https://www.freefilefillableforms.com six times before they accepted it.

PIN, no PIN, Get one, Now don't get one, where's last year's AGI? No don't include that now.

It was a total Clown Show.

They still haven't sent my Refund from 2021. There is no phone number to call. The I.R.S. shut down their office in Lufkin. The website says "still processing" for 2021.

If it wasn't for my Wife's income documented on W2's, I would totally stop interacting with them forever. The U.S. Government is crumbling. And that's a good thing. They are currently the most evil criminal enterprise on this planet promoting child mutilation, usury, Atheism, and war.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Several things in your post could use a reply. I'll come back to this post and add things for a while.

They still haven't sent my Refund from 2021.
    At least you've been earning interest on that refund since 45 days after the filing deadline, assuming you filed timely.

The current rate is 7%, IIRC.

There is no phone number to call.

For individual income tax returns, the contact number is 800.829.1040. The telephone folks can't help with complex tax topics but they can help with 1040s.

The problem with calling isn't that they don't have a number to call. The problem is that they don't have enough people to answer those calls. If you're going to be on hold for 4 hours, I suppose you may as well consider the telephone number so useless that it doesn't exist in practical terms.

Congress could give them enough money to hire and train people to answer those phones but if that happened folks would complain about that, too. :)

I had to submit my 1040 to the I.R.S.'s website https://www.freefilefillableforms.com six times before they accepted it.

Conceptually, I never did like the way that site was set up. I don't know your situation (obviously) but for folks who qualify to e-file for free, I tend to recommend OLT.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    that doesn't match the REAL inflation for the last 2 years lol
    Yeah but it's a lot better than a savings account at a bank. :)

Just for the record, the IRS pays interest when they're slow to refund at the same rate they charge folks with past due taxes. The rate is adjusted every quarter.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    At least you've been earning interest on that refund since 45 days after the filing deadline The current rate is 7%
    I did not know that. Thank you.

I was angry about losing 10% to Inflation during the last year. 3% stolen hurts less than 10%.

When I said "no number to call", I mean no number one can call and learn the reason why they are holding my money.

I called the I.R.S. number on their website and an automated voice said to check their website. Their website only says my 2021 return is "prosessing...". No indication I did anything wrong. Just "processing...".

My education is in how to run governments. One of the first things we learned was "Make Paying Taxes EASY".

The U.S Government needs to leave Texas.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I called the I.R.S. number on their website and an automated voice said to check their website. Their website only says my 2021 return is "prosessing...". No indication I did anything wrong. Just "processing...".

Yeah, that one's tough. There are a thousand or more reasons something like this can happen. If you're still curious about the delay after you get the refund, use their web site to request a transcript for that particular tax year.

There are two kinds of transcripts. One is an internal document with lots of incomprehensible codes with dates and dollar amounts. The other is a "for the public" transcript where those incomprehensible codes are translated to English.

Either one will tell you why the refund was delayed. The public style transcript may just have a long delay between receipt and formally posting the data to the Master File (which is me assuming no special circumstances for you, like having a Railroad Retirement Board number instead of a Social Security Number, or using a temporary ID number because your Social Security Number is frozen by a fraud alert) which just means it was sitting in an unprocessed batch of work for months.

The internal form of transcript may have codes not translated for the public form. Sometimes those carry a great deal of additional information such as when and who might have ordered the tax return processing be suspended pending an investigation.

Those codes are supposed to be Official Use Only so, naturally, they've been repeatedly published on the internet.

Most people aren't curious enough to bother with getting a transcript once they have their refund. If you really want to track this down, though, you can.

After you've gotten your refund and if you're still curious, PM me and I can help with the process.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was angry about losing 10% to Inflation during the last year. 3% stolen hurts less than 10%.
    In the interest of full disclosure I should have mentioned that the interest you earn on a delayed refund is taxable income. You'll get a 1099 from the IRS that you'll have to add to your tax return for the year in which you receive the refund.

They getcha goin' and comin'. :)

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

PIN, no PIN, Get one, Now don't get one, where's last year's AGI? No don't include that now.

It was a total Clown Show.

They still haven't sent my Refund from 2021. There is no phone number to call. The I.R.S. shut down their office in Lufkin. The website says "still processing" for 2021.

If it wasn't for my Wife's income documented on W2's, I would totally stop interacting with them forever. The U.S. Government is crumbling. And that's a good thing. They are currently the most evil criminal enterprise on this planet promoting child mutilation, usury, Atheism, and war.
    After repeated attempts to file using turbotax, I printed the forms and mailed them. Dropped in mail on 4/6 and check cleared my bank on 4/12.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    triggermike11
    Top Bottom