• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TacticalGenie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    Kempner Texas
    I would carry with what you're most comfortable with shooting which sounds like the Glock. As for the Glock not being safe, I would get a nice holster that covers your trigger housing. That would make your trigger unaccessible unless you had to pull the weapon. I have been carrying a Glock single stack for a while with one in the chamber with no problems or concerns.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Already have that covered... between my legs :D

It's actually my primary weapon, I just need a firearm as a backup.

P.s. youmadbro? Bc you seem real mad

I'd take the time to write you a response, but from my vantage point you're only here to troll. Time will tell and I could be proven wrong.
    16562b677662010b7110a9583367ca52.jpg

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    I'd take the time to write you a response, but from my vantage point you're only here to troll. Time will tell and I could be proven wrong.
    16562b677662010b7110a9583367ca52.jpg

That was my response to a guy who chased me through multiple threads to harass me about the same thing...

Was I trolling him? Hell yes I was

ks123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    I would carry with what you're most comfortable with shooting which sounds like the Glock. As for the Glock not being safe, I would get a nice holster that covers your trigger housing. That would make your trigger unaccessible unless you had to pull the weapon. I have been carrying a Glock single stack for a while with one in the chamber with no problems or concerns.

I think that's what I'm going to do for now... until I become more proficient with a firearm that has a secondary safety

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I think that's what I'm going to do for now... until I become more proficient with a firearm that has a secondary safety

Any holster you own should cover the trigger, period. It doesn't matter if it has 10 safeties or whatever. I use a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 for my Glock 19 with appendix carry, and I do just fine.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    If you are not comfortable with the stricker-fire action of the glock there is always da/sa like the beretta px4 Storm. You have a long da trigger which is hard to accidentally pull then you have a very short sa trigger for accurate shots. Also the good thing about the px4 is that it has a safty built in if you want it and if you don't it is very easy to turn it into a decocker only.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    why stop at 2 or 3 safeties?

why not 5 or 6 and then carry the gun unloaded in a locked hard side case?

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    If you are freaked out by a weapon, you should not be carrying it. You need to train with it and study it until you have complete confidence it the weapon and yourself.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    why stop at 2 or 3 safeties?

why not 5 or 6 and then carry the gun unloaded in a locked hard side case?
    I would not personally carry a gun with a manual safty on in. I removed the safety on my px4 and made it a decocker only. That being said we shouldn't demonize someone for wanting to find a gun to carry that they will carry all the time. If someone does not like the idea of a carry gun with no mecanical safety we should give suggestions on carry guns that may suit him well. If you tell someone that there is only one way of carrying concealed and they don't like that way then they will not carry. We should be empowering people to exercise their second amendment rights not criticizing them because it is not the way you do it.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    I just get tired of people telling others that how they carry or what they carry is wrong. For new ccw holders we can show them how our ways work for us and help them in making the decision that is best for them. That wasn't a comment to you personally just wanted to voice my opinion that calling someone out for wanting more safety than what the glock or m&p have as how not to carry is wrong.

Shoot&Reload

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Austin
    IMO:
    A good way to build confidence with concealment guns without compromising the firearm's functionality with more safety components:

Snap caps, practice, and a little more practice.

BUT practice the right technique. I'm sure there are plenty of resources to show you proper techniques that can minimize risk of injury.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I would not personally carry a gun with a manual safty on in. I removed the safety on my px4 and made it a decocker only. That being said we shouldn't demonize someone for wanting to find a gun to carry that they will carry all the time. If someone does not like the idea of a carry gun with no mecanical safety we should give suggestions on carry guns that may suit him well. If you tell someone that there is only one way of carrying concealed and they don't like that way then they will not carry. We should be empowering people to exercise their second amendment rights not criticizing them because it is not the way you do it.

Not being familiar with these guns, is there something else that would prevent the gun from possibly firing if dropped, for example?

Shoot&Reload

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2016
    Austin
    Not being familiar with these guns, is there something else that would prevent the gun from possibly firing if dropped, for example?

Springfield XDM's have a grip safety that will not allow the sear to release the firing pin unless you grip it correctly. Chances of a round going off from the gun being "dropped" are VERY VERY slim. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Springfield XDM's have a grip safety that will not allow the sear to release the firing pin unless you grip it correctly. Chances of a round going off from the gun being "dropped" are VERY VERY slim. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

I thought a Px4 was a Berretta storm?

Top Bottom