ARJ Defense ad

Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

• Would you support an organization that will fight for Texas gun rights?

Votes: 69 95.8%
    • Do you think such an organization would be a waste of time?

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    While I was in Arizona this weekend, I carried a 45 around all over the place and felt like I was doing something wrong.

I felt the same way the first couple of times I OC'd in AZ. And, as you said - Nobody noticed! - unless they were visiting from CA or somewhere similar.

Sure do miss that freedom here......
    Venture Surplus ad

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    While I was in Arizona this weekend, I carried a 45 around all over the place and felt like I was doing something wrong. Im ashamed that living in Texas so long has conditioned me to feel that way. I also saw a little girl about 7 years old with a revolver on her hip. The only thing I could think of is how she could shoot a sex offender right in the ass!! Its legal for a child of any age to carry in Arizona while their parents are with them. Not to mention I thought see looked just so damn cute with that OC rig.. That girls parents are conditioning a child who will grow up well rounded.
    I felt like I left Texas and traveled to a free county this weekend and that makes me MAD!!!!
    My buddy Rich had a S&W 500 cannon on his hip all weekend. I studied how people looked at him from New Mexico and while we were in Arizona. You know I never once saw anyone give the man a second look. They seemed to have not even noticed. One of the stores we stoped at had some gang banger looking fool in it. They were the only one's who seemed to notice the S&W 500. I saw them stay all the way on the other side of the store from him.
    I stood outside of the Hotel we visited and watched a Knock out in a red dress as hundreds of people passed her by carrying guns. People just didnt seem to be alarmed by firearms at all.
    We got a lot of work to do because nobody else has been doing it!!
    Anything to do with your right to self defense and carrying of firearms will be the battles we choose..

Yeah, Mr Redneck and I had a great time at the AZCDL annual meeting. They sold out the 400 seats in the banquet rom they had. They talked about all the sucess they had this year and what they want to do in the next legislative session coming up soon. They had a nice sit down meal of either chicken or beef. I can't recall seeing anyone that was not open carrying, in some sort or fashion.

We were very welcomed and were told by the entire leadership team that they would help us with anything we need to get started. Can't say enough on how inviting they were to us.

They had several speakers, including 2 legislators, that are also AZCDL members.

They also gave a membership total, from last year to now. Last year, they had about 2500 members. In ONE year, they gained over a thousand members and have over 3500 active members.

Can you imagine if every member sends just one email to the legislature ? All coming from the same org ? I think that would, at least, get their attention. We can only hope to have a fraction of the success that they have.

At the end, they announced the raffle winners, silent auction winners and the winners of the 3-Ruger LCP's, books and other stuff they had to give away.

All and all, a good time, with all liked minded people. People trying to restore their firearm rights in THEIR state.

With any luck, we will be on the same track as them, SOON !

Oh yeah, AZCDL was awarded the Grassroots gun-right activist groop of the year AGAIN, this year. I think they won it in 2005 or 2006 too !

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Since AZ now has Constitutional Carry, which rights are they planning to go for in the coming year?

I forget what they called it exactly, but was where if a place was considerd a "gun-free zone", if something happend to you, while being in that zone, whoever deemed that area "gun-free" would be liable. Their thinking is that instead of just going after campus carry or other places that you can't carry.....why not go after all of them ? If I get shot in YOUR corp. or whatever.....YOU are gonna have to pay ! Imagine if that were the law in Virginia, with the VT campus shooting. The school and or state would be open to all kinds of lawsuits

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    That is awesome, that is the perfect law. I really like that Arizona legislature. They are very much activists.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    That is awesome, that is the perfect law. I really like that Arizona legislature. They are very much activists.

It is more the AZCDL that pushes for these laws. I agree that the AZ legislature does a great job, but none of their new laws would ever have been enacted, unless AZCDL didn't fight to get sponsors and lobby to get this stuff done.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I love it! May we get something like that here too!

That is our hope, with this new LSCDL, to be able to hold these legislators responsible for the laws they enact, or fail to enact. Mr Redneck always says that a law abiding citizen should not be punished by laws, when they have not broken any in the first place. If you break the law, you should be punished and your rights should be suspended, but not before.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I waiting on a reply from a couple of pretty out outstanding people I would like to back this thing. If I dont hear from them by the end of the week, we'll still be going the first of next week.
    I cant say who these people are I contacted because yall might think I been smoking somthin!! With or without em, were going for it!!

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Well what's the status of this thing? Did anyone call the TX Sec of State's office and setup a nonprofit yet? It should be like 3-400 bucks.

I am sure the name isn't already taken, so we dont have to worry about that.

I think the most important of the setup would to make a web presence. I have been studying electronic marketing. I really think there should be a good web site stating our goals, with information on how to volunteer, or donate. And there should be a facebook group page as well.

Social media marketing is growing extremely fast, we could get lots of followers with a very nominal investment.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Well what's the status of this thing? Did anyone call the TX Sec of State's office and setup a nonprofit yet? It should be like 3-400 bucks.

I am sure the name isn't already taken, so we dont have to worry about that.

I think the most important of the setup would to make a web presence. I have been studying electronic marketing. I really think there should be a good web site stating our goals, with information on how to volunteer, or donate. And there should be a facebook group page as well.

Social media marketing is growing extremely fast, we could get lots of followers with a very nominal investment.

The first goal is to get a website going. That is the only way we will be able to get members, to get revenue, to pay for a 501c4, to take donations, etc.

We have to be patient. They say it is being worked on, so it is being worked on. I am sure this forum will be the first to know when it is up.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R

I am sure the name isn't already taken, so we don't have to worry about that.

We're working on it. When it's done, it'll be uploaded to http://www.lonestarcdl.org There will be Facebook and Twitter accounts set up as well.

I was thinking before that Gpal would be good for payments since their original name was GunPal but people are having problems getting their money from them so I guess we'll have to look for an alternative.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I was thinking before that Gpal would be good for payments since their original name was GunPal but people are having problems getting their money from them so I guess we'll have to look for an alternative.

Some alternatives would be paypal or moneybookers.

mtaylor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Montgomery, Texas
    Get a real merchant account. Nothing says scam faster than GPal, Moneybookers, and Paypal. Its either scam or teenagers trying to get rich quick with a drop shipping scheme. Either way, a real merchant account give credibility.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    A great source of revenue for the group could be a FREE weekly email newsletter endorsed by our group, much like the ones NRA sends out so much, but we can sell add-space to companies that would like to advertise in it. And we can also collect commissions depending on the contract we can work out with the merchants.

It would really be a win win for the supporting companies. They are getting advertisement and fighting for their rights at the same time.

Very soon I will be purchasing a very expensive software package for the company that I own that will do this kind of thing very easily. I will definitely help out if yall want me to.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Doesn't PayPal have a problem accepting/transfering money for firearms related transactions?
    I can't imagine that this would be considered a firearm transaction.

Get a real merchant account. Nothing says scam faster than GPal, Moneybookers, and Paypal. Its either scam or teenagers trying to get rich quick with a drop shipping scheme. Either way, a real merchant account give credibility.

Actually, most people feel a lot safer giving their credit card information to paypal than they would directly to an unproven organization.

Top Bottom