• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dang.

This morning the lovely roommate/wife of 30 years awakened me, 5:25AM and asked me to euthanize the cat.

Poor 16 y/o kitty has looked terrible of late.
    Stopped eating.
    Skinny.
    This morning, mewing incessantly, unable to stand, incontinent on the kitchen Saltillo.

Poor thing.
    This is the inevitable outcome of an 8 year old daughter bringing home a cute kitten a long 16 years ago.

So, what's a dutiful husband to do but.............

Sorry, but this IS a rant forum, right.
    Gotta' testify in front of a jury tomorrow!
    Long long day ending here in the hot tub with a little Mcallen trying not to dunk my Macbook Air!!!
    G'nite. Rant, rant, rant.

HKS

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    We have gone through the same thing a couple of times. My wife still talks about them. She really bonds with her cats.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Dang.

This morning the lovely roommate/wife of 30 years awakened me, 5:25AM and asked me to euthanize the cat.

Poor 16 y/o kitty has looked terrible of late.
    Stopped eating.
    Skinny.
    This morning, mewing incessantly, unable to stand, incontinent on the kitchen Saltillo.

Poor thing.
    This is the inevitable outcome of an 8 year old daughter bringing home a cute kitten a long 16 years ago.

So, what's a dutiful husband to do but.............

Sorry, but this IS a rant forum, right.
    Gotta' testify in front of a jury tomorrow!
    Long long day ending here in the hot tub with a little Mcallen trying not to dunk my Macbook Air!!!
    G'nite. Rant, rant, rant.

HKS

My condolences man. That is always hard but necessary. We don't want our loved ones to suffer.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Sorry to hear that. Worse thing I ever woke up to has to be a tie between a motar landing on our chu in Iraq, or the time my friend Ryans sister crawled into my bed. 50/50 toss up.

Jamesconn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Hill Country
    Worst thing I woke up to happened right after Christmas a year ago. My plane had gotten in late and they left my bag in denver and I had to drive to a jobsite in another state in a few hours. I drove home but my truck got stuck in the snow pissin distance from my garage the snow was just too deep. In the morning my bosses boss helped me get it in the garage and we started driving in a real bad blizzard. I was just about asleep in the back when I heard F***!!! we ran into a car. Awhile later we got rear ended by an suv and there was about a dozen total vehicles involved, but luckily out of all of em the worst injury was a sore neck.

After filling out paperwork we all went back out the next day

PS after experiencing that I will never own a car we nicked it with the corner of the grill guard and it exploded. When we got rear ended by an SUV the bumper was messed up but the truck was otherwise whole.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Police officer pounding on our door at at 4am. He was on a domestic violence call and about kicked the door in before I got it. Turned out he had the right apartment number but needed to be at the neighboring complex.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My worst thing was my GF's ex-husband breaking into my garage about 1am.
    My GSD puppy heard him, & woke me up.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Sorry to hear that. Worse thing I ever woke up to has to be a tie between a motar landing on our chu in Iraq, or the time my friend Ryans sister crawled into my bed. 50/50 toss up.

Hmmmm. What kind of mortar rounds where they using, because the second thing doesn't seem all that bad.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Stinging scorpion in my sleeping bag (I've lived a sheltered life huh?) but I have sad dog stories like your sad cat story.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Freaky Gothic girl. She was cute but a basket case. Always had thing for me and I let it go on for years. Finally she knocked on my window one night and I let her in. Started doing her thing on me and then stabbed me in the thigh with a Swiss army knife. Took everything I had not to slit her throat with it. Went to the hospital and got lots of stiches.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Freaky Gothic girl. She was cute but a basket case. Always had thing for me and I let it go on for years. Finally she knocked on my window one night and I let her in. Started doing her thing on me and then stabbed me in the thigh with a Swiss army knife. Took everything I had not to slit her throat with it. Went to the hospital and got lots of stiches.

I met one like that too, made the mistake of taking her to a friends house, she started talking to his wife.....

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

I was going to say, "Pics...or it didn't happen!", but...nevermind ;) Your teaser headline was image-provoking, that's for sure!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Not the worst; but, possibly the strangest...Had a foot rebuilt and three screws installed and headed home one fine day in '03. DW slept in the guest room so as not to interfere with my rest(or hers). At precisely 5AM, I awoke to the bed rocking back and forth as though someone were fervently trying to wake me...I mean really rocking! I turned on the light, checked the clock and wondered if a truck had run into the house! No sign of DW, so I groggily went back to sleep. A couple of hours later, the news reported a rather large earthquake had hit north Georgia and our north Atlanta home must have been in the "zone". Our 50 year old house had cracks where there had never been cracks before! Glad the 110-foot pines surrounding the house all stayed vertical ! I would have had a heck of a time trying to RUN to safety !!! :)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I chuckled.

But I never would have posted it. You're a bad person.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Top Bottom