• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You could slam that up in a 1/2 pipe and slam a nail into with a hammer.... oh, BMG Zip Gun.

I'm thinking massive kaboom, lol.

Brass would probably hit you harder than the bullet would hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Speed of light is 2,038,080,000 fps. A .556 mm bullet weighing 6.2 gr would have 5,717,254,864 ft/lbs of energy.

To bad the bullet wouldn't exist past the moment of acceleration.

Maybe with some crazy new material that could withstand that kind of pressure, but at that speed and a bullet that small in diameter there would be no energy transfer. Some sort of plasma based weapon on the othe hand, hmmmm.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    To bad the bullet wouldn't exist past the moment of acceleration.

Maybe with some crazy new material that could withstand that kind of pressure, but at that speed and a bullet that small in diameter there would be no energy transfer. Some sort of plasma based weapon on the othe hand, hmmmm.

I just want an X-ray laser

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    I have to question the comment on the .17hm2. It makes a great small game caliber, and is more effecient price wise than the .17hmr. 0-125 yard for a 1" target. Can't see anything wrong with that. Does what supersonic .22 wants to do, only with a bullet made for it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Now I will not call it stupid, yet.......... However this little guy has me wondering. Yes it is a complete cartridge. For those that think the .22 is a small round, it's a monster compared to this one. That is a CCI .22 LR Stinger for comparison next to it.

rimfire.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Now I will not call it stupid, yet.......... However this little guy has me wondering. Yes it is a complete cartridge. For those that think the .22 is a small round, it's a monster compared to this one. That is a CCI .22 LR Stinger for comparison next to it.

rimfire.jpg

Huh? What is it?

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    The .45 GAP strikes me as a waste of time. The only reason the cartridge exists is to make a slightly more compact pistol. The round is 1/8" shorter than a .45ACP. Big deal!

The 10mm auto gets in the WTF category, too. We have the .40 cal which is widely accepted and the 10mm has roughly the same performance. 10mm ammo is scarce and expensive and I just gotta wonder why we mess with it. I really don't need to argue this case as the company that made the "Bren 10" went bust. What's the point of the 10mm?

Flash

You really don't have a clue due you..... Here's a hint. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    It would also kill anybody who tried to fire it, and level a large area around that place.

Something kinda like this: Relativistic Baseball

Funniest thing I read on that page was after the actual article:
    A careful reading of official Major League Baseball Rule 6.08(b) suggests that in this situation, the batter would be considered "hit by pitch", and would be eligible to advance to first base.

Top Bottom