• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Lots of cartridges could be deemed stupid now days.... I once thought 9mm was a classic example of a "are you kidding me" cartridge.
    I was in the Marines when the switch was made from the .45 to the 9mm. Pretty much everybody was saying "guess some government dude forgot why we went with the .45". Then it was followed by "F&@$ NATO". It was nothing more than a popcorn fart of a round compared to the .45. Now that the ammo has improved substantially, it ain't bad.
    My Blackouts are cool as can be. I roll my own bullets so ammo cost is no big deal. The 7.62x40 is a "Blackout knock-off" from Wilson Combat/Tactical. Wilson was initially in on the development of the Blackout but he decided to do his own thing with the 7.62x40.
    As far as 25ACP......my farts are probably more devastating (and greater range depending upon prevailing wind) but that's just my opinion.
    ARJ Defense ad

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    17/50BMG is really STUPID

17-50bmg.jpg

Wow. That'll be a flame thrower. For several minutes.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    I cant wait to get my 300 BLK SBR.

Anyone who thinks the 10mm is only marginally more powerful than the 40 S&W has no idea about real 10mm ballistics.

Anyone that claims to much recoil is a wuss and anyone that think s10mm ammo is that much more expensive than 45ACP doesn't know where to look.

When I carry a full size gun, my Glock 29 is what is on my hip. I also have a G20SF and a Dan Wesson CBOB 1911 in 10mm. Love em all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I'd give 10 bucks to any one that will let me shoot then 2 rounds with a .177 pellet gun.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Sorry... just people talk so much shit about Caliber,,,I bet there is not one person in this forum that I can not run out my yard with a .22lr.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Sorry... just people talk so much shit about Caliber,,,I bet there is not one person in this forum that I can not run out my yard with a .22lr.

Lmao, exactly. I'm not going to volunteer to stand in front of any cartridge mentioned in this thread. Including the .177 pellet gun.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Lmao, exactly. I'm not going to volunteer to stand in front of any cartridge mentioned in this thread. Including the .177 pellet gun.
    I have to jjust stand back and laugh at how some of this just turns into to stupid....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I doubt anybody on this forum wants in your house very badly either. I agree with your point, and recent events have shown the validity of the .22 for defense.

However, there are much better options out there for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Ok fine. I'll add the .223 to the list. .556 kicks it's tail.

While I'm at it I'll also elect the .38 because it's got shitty ballistics, little knockdown power and is easily crushed by the .357.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I doubt anybody on this forum wants in your house very badly either. I agree with your point, and recent events have shown the validity of the .22 for defense.

However, there are much better options out there for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Without a doubt...My first line of defence is a 3" 00 12ga. Some posters here will say is a stupid cartridge. I'm fine with that, just as long as you have a free ride off my property.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Way too many reports of it bouncing off heavy clothing. Why the hell they didn't just use something like 357mag in a M1

Because Elmer Keith hadn't come up with the .357 Magnum yet.

.30 Carbine is at .357 mag levels, power-wise. It sends a 100ish grain bullet down range at 2000 FPS.

The reports of bullets bouncing came out of the Chosin, where conditions were 25 below zero. Even .30-06 from the Garands was running under power. Artillery shells were falling way short because of the temperature.

The Chinese were also apparently pretty motivated. I won't argue that a .30 Carbine is less lethal than a .30-06 (it isn't going fast enough for cavitation to cause significant damage, unlike the -06), but it's no less effective than handgun cartridges like .357 Magnum on down.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I don't agree. I like my .17HMR and I don't think it's an obsolete round. Super accurate. It's Armageddon for small critters and just plain fun to shoot. I only wish they could make them work in semi-autos though.

Top Bottom