• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I don't think electing Romney is going to fix much, but might be slightly better than Obama.

The nation is still about to hit the wall financially - depression not recession (probably in the next decade). Regardless of which one is elected its going to get ugly. Neither one, nor Congress, will take the actual steps necessary to soften the financial blow that's coming very much. They need to be looking at downsizing, combining and eliminating entire departments and programs.

That's one key reason I don't see much of a difference. Its like they're arguing over where to place the deck chairs while the Titanic is sinking.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I see both sides of the back-n-forth between just jk and TexasRedneck.
    I find Romney distasteful as all hell! I had even seriously considered voting Obama if he won the Republican nomination...
    I'm obviously going to vote for Romney now, but I sure feel like a two dollar whore in doing so!

I wish I could skip the polls, and that the politicians would see that and give us some better choices next time. But it doesn't exactly work that way.

Skipping the polls this time will leave your self integrity intact - and may well have no effect on the outcome of Texas's part of the election.
    But it will send no message whatsoever! The politicians will not miss you. And they will have no idea that you skipped the polls because you don't believe in them!

The only way to get things back to the way they need to be, is to vote for the "less nasty tasting medicine" as TRN put it.
    And again...
    And again...
    And again!
    Slowly, and incrementally. Our once great nation didn't get the way it is now overnight - and one election isn't going to fix it all at once.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You get better choices by being active before the primaries and voting in the primaries.

Life doesn't hand you success in anything - you have to make it happen.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you guys to do what I'm already doing.
    Brace yourselves because O is getting re-elected.

I think the "right" will pull a majority in the Senate, and keep the majority in the House. However; consider the White House locked up until 2016.

Purely my opinion and I hope to hell I'm wrong, but with right at 50% of the nation on welfare of some sort. I'm not feeling lucky.

Tapatalk sent it.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The political process is a long shot for fixing anything at this point. As individuals we have to start getting our own financial houses in order. It's fine having a bunker and 10 million rounds of ammo (sounds like fun), but folks better be "financially prepping" as well - especially those of you who have large retirement savings.

i voted in the primary - even though my candidate was - by that point, a non-factor....but i voted for him anyway

Me too, and I'm frustrated by it as well. I agree that showing up isn't going to make much of a difference in the outcome of the nation; I'm doing it just to exercise my right at this point.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I think people are missing the big picture. Anything a President does can be undone EXCEPT their choice for Supreme Court Justices.

Supreme Court Nominations are for the life of the justice.

If we get one more Sotomayor or Kagen, we lose on cases Like Heller.

I hate Romney just like I hated McCain. Neither one is THAT much different from Obama in a lot of ways. Last Election I voted McCain and this one I will vote Romney, if for no other reason than I do not want any more Sotomayor or Kagens.

And I am sorry to inform some of you, but if you vote other than for the 2 major candidates, you ARE throwing your vote away. We had a chance for a third Party w/ Perot. There may be a chance for a 3rd party in the future, but right now there is not a viable one, so it IS throwing it away.

Please join me in voting for Romney no mater how much you have to hold your nose or rinse the taste out of your mouth afterwards. With the last couple of votes by Roberts, I am really fearful of what happens to this country if we get just one more liberal SC Justice.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Romney is a RINO (Republican In Name Only)

If elected he will do nothing to solve this countries problems. Health care law, and all the other recent bad legislation will not be effected at all. We saw that when John Boehner got his position as speaker, he had his foot on the throat of bho after the midterm elections, and he and the rest of the republicans did nothing.

For the most part I don't think the GOP realizes that a lot of people dislike them only a bit less than we do the democrats. I can not see much positive change coming if they regain power. Good news, is I don't see the continuation of the drastic bad changes we have seen in the last 4 years (which is somewhat good). They will be mistaken and think we like them, and that is enough for them to do their own thing.

By running Romney, I think they conceded the election.

(Seriously how many of you would like to live in Massachusetts under their laws, taxes, political climate, etc??)

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    History has shown that Supreme Court Justices dont always rule on cases the way they're expected to, based on the President that appointed them

Bush 41 appointed one that turned out to be a huge disappoinment........Roberts being the swing vote on the health care issue was a shock to all

i wont base my vote for POTUS based on who "might" get appointed to the SC and how they "might" rule

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Eaaah... Boston is pretty sweet. And I do love me some history.

Well you know that the 2nd amendment is void there. It's been changed to being a state issued privilege. You have to have permission from the state to own a gun, and the id card to prove it. They have a AWB in place, gotta show your FID when buying ammo, no more than 10 rounds in your magazines, you are required to let the police inspect all of your firearm, they rank #3 on the Brady Campaigns list of "best states" so that ought to tell you something.

There is nothing about the people who allow this type of crap to continue that I admire, and want zero to do with them or the thought processes that allow it to continue. Hell they kept Ted Kennedy in office his entire career. (You know that Ted Kennedy has been clean and sober for 2 years, 10 months and 18 days now??)

Not worth the history aspect, I can visit and leave for that.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    History has shown that Supreme Court Justices dont always rule on cases the way they're expected to, based on the President that appointed them

Bush 41 appointed one that turned out to be a huge disappoinment........Roberts being the swing vote on the health care issue was a shock to all

i wont base my vote for POTUS based on who "might" get appointed to the SC and how they "might" rule

The fact that Obama and Clinton picked better than Bush and Reagan does not nullify the point. In fact it strengthens it. So a vote for Romney may not ensure a conservative enough justise, but a vote for Obama ensures a liberal one.

And keep in mind, there are 4 justices in their 70s.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Maybe I am way way wrong I my thinking.. but I don't see O' getting another 4. He only won by a small margin first time around, mainly because of the huge voter turnout in his favor... I would bet my last dollar that not even half of those that voted for him last election (directed to people that typically don't cast a vote that is)... the only thing that may put a hault on this would be lack of Romney support... Romney IS just another snake, however, I don't think he carries ad much venom as O'. My gut says Romney gets it, hands down...

Top Bottom