• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well there are always laws that need to be enforced... making sure that people aren't carrying when they are boozed off of their asses is a good one, making sure they're not driving in a similar condition is another, and probably making sure that there's no male nudity (p!ssing) on the roadside is a third...

I do understand you're not speaking about these laws in particular, but that's precisely my point. There are laws that are definitely more pertinent to the public safety spectrum.

We agree on this!
    ARJ Defense ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    True. You CAN arrest for almost anything within view. Filing the PC affidavit is a different story.
    Crimes against person usually need a victim (robbery, assault, sex asslt) OR the state will be willing to pick up the charges, i.e. State of Texas vs. Joe Blow.
    All criminal cases are filed as State of texas Vs Joe Blow. Even those with listed victims.

And I arrested plenty of folks for UCW, but not under the current version of 46.02.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    And I arrested plenty of folks for UCW, but not under the current version of 46.02.

The current version of UCW is written so poorly. I have never seen more questions from citizens, cops, and lawyers about a specific statute than UCW.
    Traveling, not traveling (especially under the previous version).
    Under your control, not under your control etc.
    It is a pain to interpret and uniformly enforce.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Actually Burt, it seems pretty simple to me. Traveling is not a concern today.

"Under his control" seems pretty straight forward to me too. IMO, the only time it becomes an issue is in the minds of those who don't like the way it is written and want to wrongly interpret it the way they want it to be.

Just my opinion.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County

"Under his control" seems pretty straight forward to me too. IMO, the only time it becomes an issue is in the minds of those who don't like the way it is written and want to wrongly interpret it the way they want it to be.

Just my opinion.

Its good that somebody has no problems with it. We still do.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio

Just my opinion.

So the big question is this. Are you goin' to the bar-b-cue?

I was planning on going to a tactical carbine match at Cedar Ridge, but now I'm thinkin' I'm gonna go to this bar-b-cue, if for no iother reason than to see if this is finally going to be the year that I'm struck by lightning for open-carrying...

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Well there is still breath in this thread- hahaha
    I for one do not have much of a hankering to open carry- the value of surprise should not be discounted. YMMV and that is cool.
    But for me, so long as I am not on public property, open or concealed will not readily enter my mind.
    But I sure as heck am not going to my neighbors house and taking off my jacket while strapped- just no gonna happen.
    Everyone have a great week-

Top Bottom