Somewhere here nor there....
    52526.jpeg

funny45.jpg

4218d1306186843-unfair-comparison-9mm-45-acp-45poster.jpg

Time On Target

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2016
    Ok my normal answer because they don't make a .46 Caliber handgun. I use the .45 for the sheer knockdown power of a proven round, because I can place it center mass and even if you have a vest on it will break at least one rib. Currently carry a SAR K-2, I used to carry a S&W 4506 (start the Sonny Crocket jokes) which I had replaced the barrel on with a competition barrel, had removed the lock where it couldn't shoot when the magazine was not seated and honed it down to where it really did give one thumb covers both holes groups. I also had a 9 MM P-85 from Ruger that I carried because I liked the extra ammo.

I wanted both and didn't like the fact that the Glock and H&Ks didn't have a safety on the slide. So a friend of mine was shooting and I noticed that he was putting a lot of .45 down the range between reloads and asked what he had. He showed me the SAR K-2 the balance with the 14 rounds in the magazine was good the gun pointed in my grip, I went through three boxes of ammo and tore the head and middle out of the blue man target for Concealed Carry. So I went looking and almost immediately got an ad where they were on sale for less than $400. Bought one and it does great, wish I could get some aftermarket grips for it but if that is my biggest gripe then there isn't an issue. 15 rounds of .45 hydrashok on call is really a great peace of mind.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    And that has what to do with the conversation? I know a guy who took out a Panzer with a bazooka. So what?

Maybe the fact that it is a case of someone actually using their sights in a shooting, which you yourself said doesn't happen unless it's the most skilled elites.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I like the .45 ACP because it makes a very big hole. Controlable recoil is a nice coincidence. I had a 1911 as my bedside and travel gun for a couple of years. Traded it for a Glock 22 more due to the perks of the pistol rather than the round.

These days I see 9MM, .40, and .45 as fairly interchangeable. Each one does what the other two don't. I'm still not buying the current mentality that 9MM does everything .40 and .45 do but more efficiently. Wound ballistics are so unpredictable that it's impossible to make a statement like that with confidence unless you're a fool.

Will 9mm probably do everything .40 and .45 do but better? Maybe. If not, just keep pulling the trigger until acceptable results are achieved.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Knockdown? lol "break at least one rib" :spank:
    LOL. I know, right!?...A plate made to stop a .308 and someone thinks a .45 will break a rib through it? Psshhh....

I like the .45 ACP because it makes a very big hole. Controlable recoil is a nice coincidence.
    The difference between an expanded .45 versus an expanded 9mm are negligable; It's literally a couple hundredths of an inch.

Controllable recoil is also a byproduct of the gun and the shooter, more so than the round. It just so happens in a 9mm, you have less recoil which equates to better follow-up shot speed and placement.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I carry a 1911 in .22 TCM.

19 rounds with the recoil of a .22 mag and the knock down power of .45 ACP.

The hydrostatic shot alone is enough to remove limbs.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Top Bottom