• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mine's a Zpap. As @Sam7sf pointed out, I wanted a classic look with some modern luxuries. I traded the stock sights for a KNS Precision peep sight and .052" ball front sight post, which is a MASSIVE improvement over the old knotch sight. They're mainly backup sights because I usually keep a RDS mounted on the gun with a Zastava side rail mount.

Furniture wise, the gun came with (not bad at all) plastic furniture. It didn't fit the classic look I wanted, so that got swapped with some wood furniture from the Warsaw Wood Co. It's basically a refinished original stock, I went with glossy rustic red. I don't know if they're still offering that service though. They also offered wood furniture with MLOK inserts for those who want wood, but also need to mount stuff to their furniture. I also stuck an original grip and a Yugo style cheese grater handguard on it.

Internally, the gun is mostly stock. The only thing I did was add in a ALG trigger, which was probably not necessary. The stock trigger was pretty nice. Doing that though does bring it into 922r compliance if you care about that.

Finally, I stuck a Fighter Brake from the AK Operator Union's store on it.

The stock Zpaps are perfectly good guns, I just wanted to make mine my own.

Yugo AK.jpg

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Mine's a Zpap. As @Sam7sf pointed out, I wanted a classic look with some modern luxuries. I traded the stock sights for a KNS Precision peep sight and .052" ball front sight post, which is a MASSIVE improvement over the old knotch sight. They're mainly backup sights because I usually keep a RDS mounted on the gun with a Zastava side rail mount.

Furniture wise, the gun came with (not bad at all) plastic furniture. It didn't fit the classic look I wanted, so that got swapped with some wood furniture from the Warsaw Wood Co. It's basically a refinished original stock, I went with glossy rustic red. I don't know if they're still offering that service though. They also offered wood furniture with MLOK inserts for those who want wood, but also need to mount stuff to their furniture. I also stuck an original grip and a Yugo style cheese grater handguard on it.

Internally, the gun is mostly stock. The only thing I did was add in a ALG trigger, which was probably not necessary. The stock trigger was pretty nice. Doing that though does bring it into 922r compliance if you care about that.

The stock Zpaps are perfectly good guns, I just wanted to make mine my own.

View attachment 373096
    I dig that. Putting the cheese grater on mine also. Definitely getting a mount for it for a red dot.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I at one point had my 10/63 all tacticooled out with an AR stock and Magpul shit on it several years ago. I just accepted it for what it is though. A beater and just like it the way it is suppose to be. I'll probably go full circle with Zpap also.
    20230218_122221.jpg

Reactions: MTA

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Negative. What real Yugos need is Balkans War BFPU furniture!

View attachment 373098

View attachment 373099

View attachment 373100

View attachment 373101

Those aren't mine, but I have several similar sets I picked up years ago (perhaps from APEX?) that I'm not parting with!
    I got some of the BFPU sets for the Rommies from Apex years back. They have the dongs and some trench art. Really cool stuff. They were cheap too. Like 2 full sets for $40. I bought 6 of them just to see what I would get.
    Here's one set.
    FB_IMG_1514404807991.jpg
    FB_IMG_1514404803534.jpg

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Negative. What real Yugos need is Balkans War BFPU furniture!

View attachment 373098

View attachment 373099

View attachment 373100

View attachment 373101

Those aren't mine, but I have several similar sets I picked up years ago (perhaps from APEX?) that I'm not parting with!
    I dig it but that’s not for me. If I buy a gun with markings on it I’ll keep the furniture. I would feel like those markings are someone else’s story. You were military so it will click for you that myself as a civilian I’m not interested in larping or having someone else story on my gun. It floats stolen valor imo if a civilian did it. I’m weird. It’s ok to say.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Wish I could have snagged some sets from my time in Iraq. There was some really strange shit on the rifles. I don't really feel like it is larping and I'd be willing to bet if those soldiers were still alive they would be cool with knowing that their stories live on. But I'm a civi now, so maybe I am larping. Don't know, don't give a ****.

cartridgechemist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2023
    Houston, TX
    Was, was before that, might currently be, probably will be in the near future. Recurring troll. Things like making massive numbers of posts on the first day of membership raise red flags...
    So judgemental. I haven't posted anything other than my thought. I have a lot of pent up comments since I moved back to the city. Open your minds. What a great welcome party so of you guys throw for the new comers.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    So judgemental. I haven't posted anything other than my thought. I have a lot of pent up comments since I moved back to the city. Open your minds. What a great welcome party so of you guys throw for the new comers.
    Just some friendly advice. Please go to the introductions thread and introduce yourself. You will be much more welcomed that way than making just random and sporadic comments. When people join this forum and don't do the above and make as many posts as you have in such a short period, we assume your intention is to get to the 25 posts needed to sell something here in classifieds. It's not a good look. We are a close community here that is suspicious (for good reason) of people who do that.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Read the forum more carefully. You'll see that we welcome newcomers on a daily basis and most of them fit right into the banter like they've always been here .

Your pattern of posting and behavior, however, fits a pattern we've seen before that makes many members here suspicious because of frequent past examples. Please prove us wrong, we love having new folks who actually want to contribute. But don't be pissy because some of us are wary.

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I have a gf3 AK-P with an alg trigger and it's put together straighter that my Saiga. Hits steel at 200yds with boring reliability. You're more than welcome to shoot it, if you head up this way. Going to the range Sunday.

View attachment 367326

I really like that one.

I have an AK-74 1980's style. I love it.

Top Bottom