Gun Zone Deals

When do cars need to get out of the left lane?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Related: buddy of mine in his F-250 was cut off by one of those moron drivers who suddenly realize "OMG that's my exit WAY OVER THERE!!" then cut across 4 lanes of interstate to make the exit. So he followed her. Pretty soon she got the idea my buddy must not have been happy with her. Eventually she ran a red - so he stopped following. Realized he had gone a bit far with it. Still hopes the driver learned something.

911: what is your emergency?
    female caller: there's a crazy man in a F250 following me.
    911: go to X. We have police on the way.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    But when one truck has a 1 mph advantage over another on a downhill, pulls into the left lane and stays right beside the other truck because he no longer has that advantage... He stays there for miles because he can't get back over. ... Traffic backs up because of that one jerk.
    Every time I drive to California, I experience this on I-10. Climbing into the mountains over a long distance, all that flat-looking land around is an optical illusion. Overall, we're all climbing uphill. When a heavily-laden truck enters the roadway at 45 mph, everyone doing the limit of 80 can move over. When that same truck is only up to 60 by the next entrance and one of his brother truckers enters, the faster truck will pull over (understandably) to pass but everyone on the road then gets to hit the brakes and queue up for a long, long time.

Don't get me started on the locals between Kerrville and El Paso who like to hang out at 50 MPH. Granted, they stick to the right lane, but they're still a moving roadblock.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Driving behavior is arguably a reflection of the way folks were raised.

Roads are one place where it's apparent whose parents who did a piss poor job...

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Driving behavior is arguably a reflection of the way folks were raised.

Roads are one place where it's apparent whose parents who did a piss poor job...

Arguably true... but other folks are just born piss-poor and it can't easily be trained out of them.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    mmmm it used to be better that is until all of the out-of-state people started moving in. IN our area we have sooo many mommies clogging the road and imposing their liberal beliefs about your ability to get to where you are going. The bang and dent shops are FULL of Honda Odysseys and other baby haulers.

I'm new to the area and we mainly hang out with my wife's co-workers, they all feel the drivers and traffic suck, but they honestly have no idea how good they have it.

In my old state there is no enforcement of traffic laws. 20 over the limit will never come close to earning you a ticket. We have illegals and the elderly driving at the speed limit and everyone else trying to go 20-30 over. It is total chaos. 3 hrs to go 35 miles in rush hour is normal. Road rage is out of control.

I'm still getting used to driving here. The courteousness of other drivers actually screws me up when I edge out to turn, intending to go behind them as I expect them to pass and they stop to let me go. Texas drivers drivers rock, I hope to fit in soon.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    We call them "drag racers"

I'm working on my patience. I try to see how unaffected I can be when stuff like that happens these days. Just chill and enjoy life.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm new to the area and we mainly hang out with my wife's co-workers, they all feel the drivers and traffic suck, but they honestly have no idea how good they have it.

In my old state there is no enforcement of traffic laws. 20 over the limit will never come close to earning you a ticket. We have illegals and the elderly driving at the speed limit and everyone else trying to go 20-30 over. It is total chaos. 3 hrs to go 35 miles in rush hour is normal. Road rage is out of control.

I'm still getting used to driving here. The courteousness of other drivers actually screws me up when I edge out to turn, intending to go behind them as I expect them to pass and they stop to let me go. Texas drivers drivers rock, I hope to fit in soon.

You must be from Atlanta GA

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    You must be from Atlanta GA

Nassau County, NY and the 5 Burroughs of NYC.

In order, Texas is better than NY because of:

The gun laws

The people

Taxes

The steaks (you have no idea how good your steaks taste)

The traffic

Top Bottom