Target Sports

When do cars need to get out of the left lane?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I have vivid memories of the several times we traveled thru Ohio, and the Ohio state troopers would just park, get outside their vehicle, and arm wave flag any left lane drivers to pull over and receive their ticket (or their warning, but mostly tickets to out of state drivers). If the driver failed to comply with the arm wave pull over technique, a second trooper was also parked car running a mile up the road to dispatch the unbelievers. I got to say, still not a lot of lefty drivers in Ohio when we head back to Michigan.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    (video removed)

The driver in that video is obviously speeding. I don't like idiots who block the left lane either if they're not passing or exiting to the left. However, anyone who creates dangerous driving conditions because of it is a selfish moron no better than, or even worse than, the left-lane drivers.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    The driver in that video is obviously speeding. I don't like idiots who block the left lane either if they're not passing or exiting to the left. However, anyone who creates dangerous driving conditions because of it is a selfish moron no better than, or even worse than, the left-lane drivers.
    SO I'm bored and I watched that vid some more. The author is a lefty driver himself. The vid always starts with him in the left lane approaching slower drivers, also in the left lane. he passes on right, gets back over to the left, even when the right is clear as far as the eye can see. sort of hypocritical.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    SO I'm bored and I watched that vid some more. The author is a lefty driver himself. The vid always starts with him in the left lane approaching slower drivers, also in the left lane. he passes on right, gets back over to the left, even when the right is clear as far as the eye can see. sort of hypocritical.

Agreed... but worse yet, he's speeding like crazy which is creating far more hazard than the idiots driving in the left lane. The hypocrisy is far more about complete nonrecognition of self-stupidity vs. the stupidity of others. He's a complete moron... bad video.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I spend most of my driving time pulling a big trailer (one ton with gooseneck) at the speed limit. I generally avoid the left lane unless I am passing like we are supposed to do. But as a large vehicle, I will get over early as I see a situation unfold where I will be pinned behind a slower vehicle in the right lane.

I will speed up if I am a hindrance to the speed of the left lane traffic or the person to my right wants to pace me. I will also make a move so an 18 wheeler can avoid getting pinned in also.

I consider myself to be a fairly courteous and law abiding driver, the type of driver I want to be on the road with.

That being said, if I am in the left lane passing a vehicle and you pull up behind me flashing your brights because you want to go 100 mph too bad. I will not slow down to be a dick or anything like that but I will also not take evasive maneuvers to get out of your way. If you need me to move so you can fly by you had better be flashing some lights that are a color other than white.

I guess my mini rant is off topic a little so take it for what it is.

+1 on this. Matches my style exactly.

Tailgating and high beams are just as illegal, and today can be written up as road rage - a felony, and the end of your gun ownership. Cool your jets, guys.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Tailgating and high beams are just as illegal, and today can be written up as road rage - a felony, and the end of your gun ownership. Cool your jets, guys.
    Not that I do it in a Honda but, hadn't considered that. TKS

Mr. Big Nadz will be along soon to tell us how he's avoided it for years. :beats:

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    BTW. trucks are forbidden the left lane on I20 and I30 in parts of DFW and other big cities. They have called it a trial before going statewide. Trial is done, they need to make to statewide law. Please mention this to your state reps soon and often.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    BTW. trucks are forbidden the left lane on I20 and I30 in parts of DFW and other big cities. They have called it a trial before going statewide. Trial is done, they need to make to statewide law. Please mention this to your state reps soon and often.
    I'm aware of limited forbiddenness (is that a word ;) ) and had no idea about the trial but I disagree trucks should never be allowed in the passing lane. I see a revolt or worse yet, a strike come from that. Clue me in will ya?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    6Oo2Loy5gdo

Finally got home and got to watch the video.

The whinning of an entitled, imature little dickhead that needs his license pulled before he kills someone. Stupid.

from an idgit coffeeholic

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    This ^^^ No other excuse! Damnit!

Well, I sort of agree here. But when one truck has a 1 mph advantage over another on a downhill, pulls into the left lane and stays right beside the other truck because he no longer has that advantage... He stays there for miles because he can't get back over. You guys that spend a lot of time on I35 North of Temple know what I mean. Traffic backs up because of that one jerk.
    I know those guys have to maintain their momentum for fuel economy, but there has to be a way to keep them from abusing the rest of us.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That could usually be solved by one guy just easing off a hair to let the other pass.

I'm gonna say it's not usually about fuel economy. The "drag racers" are usually hung at the limiter, owner operators can usually get a pretty good head of steam and pass with no trouble.

Top Bottom