What type of firearm are you interested in, but haven't purchased yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtown

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2024
    Conroe
    I thought an MP5 was made by Heckler and Koch, not Military Armaments Corp (MAC) or SWD or any of the other MAC clone manufacturers.

Mac is a newcomer in the scene. Also they’re not exactly clones. At least the century arms. They’re made w hk tooling bc they were under contract to make the real deal.

Even hk doesn’t sell mp5s to civilians, it’s called the SP5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I want a pcc to run a can on. Maybe an MPX or cmmg dissent

The MPX is super gassy suppressed, plus there's the standard sig shenanigans.

The CMMG rdb guns are good, but some versions have ejector/extraction issues.

The MP5 is the king of PCC's/SMG's, especially suppressed. I have around 20k through a century AP5 and aside from a case head failure that required me to replace the extractor, extractor spring, and roller retainer plate, plus other general maintenance, it runs great.

20240904_175035.jpg

Also, Diehard. I rest my case

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Mac is a newcomer in the scene. Also they’re not exactly clones. At least the century arms. They’re made w hk tooling bc they were under contract to make the real deal.

Even hk doesn’t sell mp5s to civilians, it’s called the SP5

HK could never sell to civilians because they were a foreign manufacturer and foreign machine guns imported after GCA 1968 were not transferable to civilians. The existing pre-1986 registered MP5s used non HK sears or trigger packs made by US title 2 manufacturers like Fleming, I’d really like to get a SBR semi “MP5”, but even that would have to be “manufactured” by me on a form 2 using an HK SP5, which is ATF considers a pistol. I don’t think they are manufactured in Germany either for the same reason you can’t buy an imported HK 91 or 93 rifle (the Bush I 1989 assault weapons import ban) I may be wrong about that, but you definitely can’t buy an imported SBR due to GCA 1968.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    HK could never sell to civilians because they were a foreign manufacturer and foreign machine guns imported after GCA 1968 were not transferable to civilians. The existing pre-1986 registered MP5s used non HK sears or trigger packs made by US title 2 manufacturers like Fleming, I’d really like to get a SBR semi “MP5”, but even that would have to be “manufactured” by me on a form 2 using an HK SP5, which is ATF considers a pistol. I don’t think they are manufactured in Germany either for the same reason you can’t buy an imported HK 91 or 93 rifle (the Bush I 1989 assault weapons import ban) I may be wrong about that, but you definitely can’t buy an imported SBR due to GCA 1968.

The sp5 is made in germany

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TxAgg90
    Top Bottom