What pro gun bumper stickers are worthy of my truck.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Oh...don't get me wrong - as much as I'd LOVE to tour Europe w/our motorcycle, there's no way I'd do it right now - them Texas plates could create a target, and I realize that. Just like my current refusal to travel to Mexico for a client - not only do I not "blend" worth a damn - even someone that DOES blend can be a victim of being in the wrong place!

Wait, I don't understand. Europeans target Americans? For what?
    DK Firearms

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's a whole ton of folks wandering Europe, guys - some aren't exactly fans of US citizens. That ain't me guessing at it - that's based on friends recommendations that live there - friends that WANT us to come see 'em. We'd be fine w/o the bike an' its' plates, but it's been a dream of ours - and it'll likely happen one day. We can be patient....

The Mayor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Automatic FAIL for referencing a CBT. Especially since the rest of that CBT recommends that members of the ARMED FORCES hide and barricade against active shooters. I've clicked through that one, too, and immediately discounted it.

I have a "Sig Sauer" sticker, and I'll soon be replacing my Air Force sticker (told you I paid attention to the CBT) with a Magpul vinyl cutout sticker. The only reason I put those on is that you have to be in the know to understand what they are. They're subtle. I wish Arfcom didn't suck because I love their logo, too. Totally under the radar.

But I don't like to advertise my gun ownership. The significant value of my safe and it's contents and the amount of time I spend away from home mean I like to keep my hobby low-key.

I was not refering to a CBT. I learned that when I was the AT/FP for the base in the states. The new threat is here in America not over seas anymore. Young college students are the new target to recruite. So do what you want that is your choice and opinion. Just as it was mine to inform.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Avoidance ... the majority of American tourists I saw in Europe made me disgusted. They make absolutely no attempt at local culture or language and frankly just walk around like they own the place. Hell, I even avoided any American tourists. We blended in so well that one day a friend and I got approached by a Spaniard asking us if we spoke English. I told him I spoke a little, in a German accent, LOL.

We did get hit on by some German girls at a club, because we were Americans.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    True on the avoidance. One of the things I try hard to do is at least learn local polite phrases - like "thank you", "please", etc. Because most folks treat it like it's a vast amusement part, rather than the cradle of modern civilization. I can remember folks looking for "American" named places to eat, etc. - me, I looked for the "everyday man" type of places. Used to go about with a pocketful of jerky from home. Walk into a place, slice off some of it an' chew as I was drinking, or waiting on a meal. Folks being the curious creatures they are would ask what it was. I'd offer a sample, and make a new friend.

GAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Central Texas
    It's not the native Europeans that one must worry about, but those who recently immigrated there instead.

When I was stationed in Europe not too long ago a Soldier was always advised to never go places alone, or in groups of less than 3-4 people. Why? Because gangs of Middle Eastern youths would target them.

I personally knew several Soldiers who were attacked during my time there. Both in Germany and in France.

And while I never was attacked, my car did get vandalized. In Switzerland of all places! I wasn't the only one parked on that street but was the only one with American plates.

Those plates made my vehicle a target. Even the police said so. This reinforced my belief that one must always attempt to be "the gray man" and blend in instead of standing out and bringing attention to one self.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm sure everyone has their own experiences and stories. I've traveled quite a bit and I've never been singled out negatively for being American in Europe or the Middle East. Just don't act like a jackass and be polite, same as over here. Of course, I've also always had rental cars or drivers. I can see how you may get vandalized if you have a vehicle.

I worry more about trips to NY, DC or LA.

I always laugh when I meet someone new overseas who is educated and "knows all Texans aren't cowboys" and that it's a stereotype. We'll get to talking about our families and such and I eventually explain I did grow up on ranches; riding horses, shooting, working cows, farming and that I love John Wayne. I've had that same conversation countless times. It's always good for a laugh. I've been to a lot of places in the world and I can tell you, Universally, that everyone loves cowboys and cowboy jokes.

Top Bottom