Target Sports

What pro gun bumper stickers are worthy of my truck.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I love that coexist sticker. I also agree with sentiments regarding advertising a possible gun in the truck.

But most of all, I imagine anybody with a whole bunch of political bumper stickers on their vehicle as an obnoxious jackass. I can just see them as jumping up and down to get your attention to say...Hey! Look at what I believe!!!
    Capitol Armory ad

txmanny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    Grapevine TX
    coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-sticker.jpg
    I have that one on my truck. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I have an NRA sticker on my window... one of those round ones that people with bad eyesight can confuse with a Marines sticker...

GAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Central Texas
    While there are lots of "cool" stickers out there, like someone already said, letting BGs know that you have a gun in your vehicle might attract thieves when you're not there to protect it.

Additionally, this tells them that you have guns at home. Too easy to wait until you've departed for work to break in and take them.

Years ago I read about this guy who was shot in the back of the head by someone who knew that he carried a firearm and wanted to take it. The sticker in his car attracted that attention. The poor guy never saw it coming.

Be careful when making your decisions.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Gimme a freakin' break....afraid to put a sticker on a vehicle because of what someone "might" do?!?? Sorry - but that's got *fail* all over it. I've had NRA stickers on my vehicles since I was 18 - and have traveled all over the US and in many parts of Mexico. My neighbors KNOW I'm a gun owner, AND that I routinely carry.....and I've lived in neighborhoods where break-ins were pretty common....but they haven't messed with me. Guess I'm in the "KNOW that I have a gun, and I WILL use it" group....

specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    I have a "Got Sig" sticker (sorry no pic) on my F150 and have had very positive fedback from several folks. Most non-gun folks haven't a clue what it pertains to which is also cool.

Semper Fi

Mike

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They teach us in the AF about Anti-Terrorism and that placeing military type stickers make you a target. I would say the same for gun stickers.

.....and I refuse to live in fear of "what might". I'll prepare for it, I'll train for it - but I'll be damned if I'll change my lifestyle for it.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    .....and I refuse to live in fear of "what might". I'll prepare for it, I'll train for it - but I'll be damned if I'll change my lifestyle for it.
    I agree - especially here in the US. The military recommends those who are stationed in other countries to be careful what they display. Some of that just makes sense. Our kids just got back from 4 years in Germany and 2 tours in Iraq. They were advised to blend in when they were off base in Germany.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh...don't get me wrong - as much as I'd LOVE to tour Europe w/our motorcycle, there's no way I'd do it right now - them Texas plates could create a target, and I realize that. Just like my current refusal to travel to Mexico for a client - not only do I not "blend" worth a damn - even someone that DOES blend can be a victim of being in the wrong place!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Oh...don't get me wrong - as much as I'd LOVE to tour Europe w/our motorcycle, there's no way I'd do it right now - them Texas plates could create a target, and I realize that. Just like my current refusal to travel to Mexico for a client - not only do I not "blend" worth a damn - even someone that DOES blend can be a victim of being in the wrong place!

That reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

"He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already...."

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    yer next employer is gonna love that.....

Guys - do yourselves a favor. It's certainly your choice - but in most businesses, visible tatts = reduced opportunities for promotion. Right or wrong doesn't matter - the man with the money makes the rules, and you may not always know 'em until it's too late.

mkillebrew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Austin
    oh yeah, the tattoo was considered for years. nothing sleeves can't cover. being in IT, our dress code is generally a t-shirt from the questionable pile on the floor, shorts, and shoes are optional.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    It doesn't matter if you are wearing a suit. I could do upper arm but I wouldn't do forearm until I'm retired. I'm going into sales if I can't get my businesses to make me at least 40k. The free time I'd keep by operating my own business will be pricless helping me find other opportunities I want to seize if I can make it happen in the next year and a half.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    They teach us in the AF about Anti-Terrorism and that placeing military type stickers make you a target. I would say the same for gun stickers.

Automatic FAIL for referencing a CBT. Especially since the rest of that CBT recommends that members of the ARMED FORCES hide and barricade against active shooters. I've clicked through that one, too, and immediately discounted it.

I have a "Sig Sauer" sticker, and I'll soon be replacing my Air Force sticker (told you I paid attention to the CBT) with a Magpul vinyl cutout sticker. The only reason I put those on is that you have to be in the know to understand what they are. They're subtle. I wish Arfcom didn't suck because I love their logo, too. Totally under the radar.

But I don't like to advertise my gun ownership. The significant value of my safe and it's contents and the amount of time I spend away from home mean I like to keep my hobby low-key.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom