What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I had to replace a cracked wheel on my GT350. Just under $1K. Now I have to find someone to weld the cracked wheel so I can sell it. Tiny crack on the inside rim. It held air OK; lost maybe 1 psi per day.
    IMG_0064.jpeg

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Orbit- that is NOT a FIRD. Had fun in HS with 31 sedan, channeled 12" but kept the 4 banger. Twin carbs on it though. And mech brakes still. And she thinks guns are expensive.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Orbit- that is NOT a FIRD. Had fun in HS with 31 sedan, channeled 12" but kept the 4 banger. Twin carbs on it though. And mech brakes still. And she thinks guns are expensive.

Nope, Buick with a Caddy mill. I like this one because it's a lot bigger than the Fords back then. I have tons of room inside even with a V8. No problems making it fit and still plenty of room on the floor for pedals.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Nope, Buick with a Caddy mill. I like this one because it's a lot bigger than the Fords back then. I have tons of room inside even with a V8. No problems making it fit and still plenty of room on the floor for pedals.
    Really dig that build; wish you'd finish it already! Keep up the good work on it.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Picked up an F250 SuperDuty ('08 69k mi) that is very clean, but had no body mounts left. Ford used a foam similar to Great Stuff foam to make the pucks. since this was a Texas truck, I had zero issues removing the bolts- no heat, no Kroil, no breaker bar. They buzzed out with 1/4 hex impact.

I removed all the bolts, then reinstalled one side only half way to keep aligned. Floor jacked one side, removed old, scraped gunk off pads, installed new. Specs call for 80 ft/lbs torque, but only use 50 ft/lbs on reinstalled bolts. Small drop of blue loctite.

I went with the S & B knockoffs made of silicone from Amazon for $140, next day delivered. Everything required except new bolts, I reused old ones as they are fine. 2 hour job, floor jack required. Regular cab calls for 6 pucks, extended needs 8 pucks.

Truck rids like a Cadillac now- no squeaks. There were no OEM isolator pucks remaining- zero- so, just was metal-on-metal.

Resized_20240925_122453.jpeg

Resized_20240924_173340.jpeg

Resized_20240925_090628.jpeg

Resized_20240925_122303.jpeg

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Wifes car a Honda Accord sport.
    Electric window wows.
    Passenger window no worky.
    No problem. Remove said controller and fix it.
    They work on small contacts. Just like Points for a distributor or like some on and off switches.
    These things are a bitch to disassemble but after you do one or two things cooperate a bit better.
    The contacts get burnt or covered in a layer of soot. Take apart clean or file contact points and re assemble.
    Had to do both the passenger and driver side main control due two having the two contacts working the same window.
    20240928_113327.jpg
    20240928_113208.jpg
    20240928_111330.jpg

Last edited:

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Picked up an F250 SuperDuty ('08 69k mi) that is very clean, but had no body mounts left. Ford used a foam similar to Great Stuff foam to make the pucks. since this was a Texas truck, I had zero issues removing the bolts- no heat, no Kroil, no breaker bar. They buzzed out with 1/4 hex impact.

I removed all the bolts, then reinstalled one side only half way to keep aligned. Floor jacked one side, removed old, scraped gunk off pads, installed new. Specs call for 80 ft/lbs torque, but only use 50 ft/lbs on reinstalled bolts. Small drop of blue loctite.

I went with the S & B knockoffs made of silicone from Amazon for $140, next day delivered. Everything required except new bolts, I reused old ones as they are fine. 2 hour job, floor jack required. Regular cab calls for 6 pucks, extended needs 8 pucks.

Truck rids like a Cadillac now- no squeaks. There were no OEM isolator pucks remaining- zero- so, just was metal-on-metal.

View attachment 476608

View attachment 476609

View attachment 476610

View attachment 476611
    I've always wanted that style of Superduty pickup but it's so difficult finding one with a V10 and not a Powerstroke.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Wifes car a Honda Accord sport.
    Electric window wows.
    Passenger window no worky.
    No problem. Remove said controller and fix it.
    They work on small contacts. Just like Points for a distributor or like some on and off switches.
    These things are a bitch to disassemble but after you do one or two things cooperate a bit better.
    The contacts get burnt or covered in a layer of soot. Take apart clean or file contact points and re assemble.
    Had to do both the passenger and driver side main control due two having the two contacts working the same window.
    I used to do that a lot when my dad had a tote the note lot. We sold a lot of high mileage cars and a lot of times a good cleaning is all they needed. Sometimes some little plastic dodad would be broken so it was off to the junk yard for me.

Top Bottom