What happens if you have to use your CCW in a restricted area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unapoistla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2024
    Killen
    Let’s say hypothetically you find yourself in a 51% bar, even temporarily, and you forget to leave your CCW, but some shit goes down and youre the only “good guy” that can stop an active shooter. If you successfully save everyone lives by taking down the shooter with lethal force, would you still be charged a felony and taken to jail for carrying in one of these locations?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Let’s say hypothetically you find yourself in a 51% bar, even temporarily, and you forget to leave your CCW, but some shit goes down and youre the only “good guy” that can stop an active shooter. If you successfully save everyone lives by taking down the shooter with lethal force, would you still be charged a felony and taken to jail for carrying in one of these locations?
    Well no one temporarily forgets the CCW in a bar unless they are drunk.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Well if you have a CCW, then you're not in Texas, so the laws will be different wherever you are.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Depends on the circumstances.

Whatever the circumstances, carrying in a 51% marked location is a felony. If the OP actually takes a Texas LTC class, he'll be told that.

Since he's using the term CCW, I'd say he hasn't. In another thread he claims to carry a Ruger LCP daily...while in yet another thread he states that he's 18 and is looking to take the LTC class.

This means OP is either illegally carrying, as unlicensed carry is not legal for people under 21 years of age...or he's making things up as he goes along for whatever reason and is hoping nobody notices.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine

giphy.gif

John Wick would not care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Depends on the circumstances.
    When I was working the bar I kept m pistol in the safe. I can't remember what year it was but after a mass shooting the majority of the liberal hippies & Kids of hippies had the panties in a wad up their ass. The festival took it serious enough to come up with a policy. I;m sure for insurance purposes.

After everyone that worked for me asked so what I was going to do. I told them I felt that it was my job to protect the assets first and foremost. I would secure the money, kill the beer and lock it down where no one was gong to even know anyone was there. Every singe one of them felt safer with me then following the guide lines. And my guess is every major food & beverage vendor would do the same.

Any new wenches were told straight up when they hired on that they did not have to take any shit from any customer drunk or sober. I felt a responsibility to have a safe work place for every one employed buy the company.

We had a vert good retention rate and everyone acted like adults. When a employee joined use the longer time wenches said they all seen me go over the bar incredibly fast for an old fat gimpy guy.
    We had a shit load of customers that were there every weekend open to close and I know for a fact they they would come to my aid if need be. Then the owner of the place end up hiring a full time cop.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TxAgg90
    Top Bottom