• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I had a 1986 Mazda B2000 that was awesome. I would buy the modern equivalent if it existed. That little truck earned it keep and then some. It was not fancy, but efficient and reliable it had in spades.
    Ford Ranger and Mazda shared a lot of parts back then due to a partnership between the two.
    I had an 87 Ranger with a 5 spd manual Mazda designed transmission in it
    My Ranger was also an awesome truck
    DK Firearms

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The little rocket seats in the back were really cool. The Brat was FWD, and the rear wheels engaged when you put it in 4WD. The parking/emergency brake was on the front wheels too.
    The reason for those seats was to get around an import tarriff
    It was cheaper to import a vehicle with 4 seats for some reason so they fixed that by adding those rear seats

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I owned 2 Subaru’s when I was in high school back in the 80’s. Long before they became the official vehicle for lesbians or hippies.
    Don't get me wrong I had a pair of Birkenstock shoes that served me well through the renfest & as camp shoes in Africa. I'd buy them again, but they quit making thems many years ago. I also wore Birkenstock Professional clogs for a while. They were hell on my heels drying them out & causing deep cracks.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Ford Ranger and Mazda shared a lot of parts back then due to a partnership between the two.
    I had an 87 Ranger with a 5 spd manual Mazda designed transmission in it
    My Ranger was also an awesome truck
    The did a lot of joint ventures. My 2002 Ford Escape had the faulty Mazda transmission that was developed back in the 90s. My 2012 Mazda 2 commuter car had FoMoCo stamped on many parts since it was also the basis for the Ford Fiesta.

Small trucks? 1977 Datsun, 1984 Nissan (totaled), 1985 Toyota and 1994 Nissan...then I moved up to an F150. Pickups today are way too tall to be useful.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yep lots of sharing between Mazda and Ford back in those days. The B2300 was a rebadged Ranger. They rebadged the Explorer Sport too. Then again they all do it, the Chevy Colorado got rebadged as an Isuzu , the Acura SLX which was really an Isuzu Trooper. Volkswagen rebadged Chrysler SUVs and minivans as their own. The GM Aveo was a Daewoo somethingorother.

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    In 1973 I had a Toyota hi lux,then a Ford ranger, a Mazda B2000, another Toyota small PU then a Toyota Tacoma and another Tacoma which I have now. Rumor has it that Toyota is coming out with a small PU called the Scout in 2024.

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    The CAFE Standards for light trucks have forced automakers to increase the footprint of their trucks to have any hope of avoiding fines. Even for the bloated current models that are already too large to work out of the standards require thousands of dollars of compliance measures that have driven the costs sky high and essentially disposable since they are uneconomically repairable.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My wife had a '92 ranger when we first got married. I could barely ride in it, and forget about driving it. The seat didn't go back far enough for my legs to fit under the steering wheel and on the pedals. If it hadn't had a sunroof I'd have had to hunch over just to ride in the passenger seat.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    The Toyotas and Land Rovers overseas are neat. When I was in the Czech Republic, their military had some new Land Rovers. When I got back, I wanted to buy one. No dice for America. Same for the Ford Everest suv I wanted.

Small durable narrow SUV’s our Government seems to hate…

IMG_3964.jpeg
    IMG_3965.jpeg
    IMG_3966.jpeg
    IMG_3967.jpeg
    IMG_3968.jpeg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yep lots of sharing between Mazda and Ford back in those days. The B2300 was a rebadged Ranger. They rebadged the Explorer Sport too. Then again they all do it, the Chevy Colorado got rebadged as an Isuzu , the Acura SLX which was really an Isuzu Trooper. Volkswagen rebadged Chrysler SUVs and minivans as their own. The GM Aveo was a Daewoo somethingorother.
    Pontiac Lamans of the early 90s was a Daihatsu charade I think, the 90s Geo cars were rebadged Isuzu impulse and Toyota Corolla, and the little Tracker was a Suzuki Sidekick. Mid 80s Nova a rebadged Corolla. Never realized until typing this how much rebadging GM did that was outside their corporate umbrella.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Pontiac Lamans of the early 90s was a Daihatsu charade I think, the 90s Geo cars were rebadged Isuzu impulse and Toyota Corolla, and the little Tracker was a Suzuki Sidekick. Mid 80s Nova a rebadged Corolla. Never realized until typing this how much rebadging GM did that was outside their corporate umbrella.

It wasn't just GM - Dodge put their badges on a lot of Mitsubishis in the 90s. I remember the Dodge Stealth was a Mitsubishi 3000 with slightly different body panels.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    THERE WERE ALSO LOTS OF VEHICLES THAT WERE REBADGED THAT WERE OFFERED GLOBALLY BUT NOT IN THE USA

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    With Toyota discontinuing the I Force engine...I will say that a good reliable half ton gasoline truck is not offered anywhere in America by any manufacturer.

And I've never owned a Toyota but admire how long them damn I Forces last

Ford, RAM and GM have all succumbed to the CAFE regulations and have killed any reliability in their engines and transmissions.

My next truck will be a 3/4 ton something ..

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom