• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Foot print aside, they also are getting taller. The new Ranger with its somewhat narrower axles, looks like it’s on stilts. The Maverick would perfect height for my uses. I can reach over the bed rails and into the center of the bed without needing to crawl into it. But it would need to have at least a 6ft bed and an ext cab instead of seating for five with four full doors. if I was in the truck market today, and I had to buy a new truck, I’d probably go with the Frontier. Is still got the NA V6, is lower tI the ground, and you are not forced into a 4 door with small bed

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    in1988 i got rid of my big ramcharger and bought a brand new ram 50dodge
    I had an '88 Ram50 made by Mitsubishi. Loved it. Except for the AC that never worked, and clutch and accelerator cables always snapping, and the blown thermostat and head gasket every six months.

It was an abusive relationship. "I can change him," I would always say.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    My brother and I both bought new 1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickups at the same time. Both were base trucks with no options. We gave $5500 each for them. He got a white one, I got a red one.

I drove mine for 3 years and sold it to a guy I worked with. He had a son that had just got his driver's license. They had the truck 2 weeks and totaled it. The kid was OK.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    They have them in Australia
    And other countries
    But our caretakers,the goberment says they be bad in a crash
    Probably less safety BS which means they are probably more reliable

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The little rocket seats in the back were really cool. The Brat was FWD, and the rear wheels engaged when you put it in 4WD. The parking/emergency brake was on the front wheels too.
    What s the law now regarding riding in the bed of a pickup? With the nanny state what it is, could you be cited for someone (child or adult) riding in the bed seats of a brat?

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    My first ever truck was an F-150 less than 20 years ago. After much research seeing how it was so popular, I went with it. Had to be the worst lemon in Texas. Switched to Toyota Tacoma for a different brand and size, liked a few along the way then traded up to my current 2016 Tundra with 30k miles I put on it since day one. I have to climb up into it and not getting easier. Riding in it now, I can't believe I used to drive those dinky Tacomas. They were all dependable so no slam there, but I feel much safer now with more meat on the bone around me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom