• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Yup, removed the sideplate, the front sight, the cylinder and the cylinder release. Masked off everything with blue painters masking tape that I didn't want coated. Used acetone to wipe down and degrease, wearing rubber gloves to avoid leaving any oils on the metal.
    Just finished spraying.
    View attachment 329936 Will allow it to "set" for a couple of days, though DuraCoat says you can re-assemble after 24 hours. They say it is ready for use at that point, but caution against "extreme duty" (whatever that means) for 3-4 weeks.
    It is looking like it may turn out shinier than I had expected.... perhaps I put a little too much hardener in the mix. But so far... not too bad. We'll see how it looks in a few days.
    Will post final pics of the gun fully assembled, soon.
    Here's the finished product:
    Desert Judge 1.jpg

Desert Judge 2.jpg

It's a bit shinier than I would like, and I may end up using some OOOO steel wool to take some of the gloss off. I also have a couple of spots to touch up where I got a bit heavy-handed during re-assembly. But all in all, not too bad. Now to get her out to the range to see how she handles.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Here's the finished product:
    View attachment 330336
    View attachment 330337
    It's a bit shinier than I would like, and I may end up using some OOOO steel wool to take some of the gloss off. I also have a couple of spots to touch up where I got a bit heavy-handed during re-assembly. But all in all, not too bad. Now to get her out to the range to see how she handles.
    Nice work.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Picked up an Anderson Manufacturing stripped lower today @ $50.00. They seem to be coming down in price, as I recall they used to be about $40.00 before Covid and Biden and were up to $100.00 depending on the seller during the worst of the madness during Covid & post Biden. My guess is more gun & ammo buying madness is coming because I believe there will be additional gun control laws passed due to the shooting in Highland Park, IL. Getting yours now before the prices go back up might be a prudent thing to do. Got mine at an Atwood's Ranch & Home store.

Prisondoc210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Converse
    400rd armscor 45 for .50 ea shipped from rivertown munitions

I bought a case of 9 from them recently. They shipped fast

I posted this in the ammo in stock for sale thread, free shipping.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom