• ...and so much more!
  • Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I picked these two up yesterday from their 2nd owner.

A Remington 572 Fieldmaster (July 1956 date code) & a Remington 341-p from 1936. The 341 is missing the original rear sight, so I'll look for one just to have. Both will do S, L & LR so now it's a matter of finding out what they like best.

They've been kept very well (especially considering their age), but I still plan on taking them down and cleaning them before a range trip.

Remington 341p - 572 Fieldmaster.jpg
    Remington 341p Fieldmaster peep.jpg
    Remington 572 Fieldmaster.jpg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Picked up this one in an online auction yesterday. The listing did not give the model, merely called it a High Standard 12 Gauge but as far as I am aware all High Standard side action shotguns were Flight-King Models. Tis one is probably the low end or Flight-King Field model. Time and a good looking over will tell..
    High Standard 12 ga Right.jpg

High Standard 12 ga Left.jpg

Looks like a nice one but I never know with certainty and always there is some doubt about how good they look (when a kid I admired that trait in St. Thomas, aka: Doubting Thomas). That is at least until I have them in my hands and can give them a good going over while wearing my reading spectacles. I am not usually disappointed because I almost always ask about the condition before bidding but sometimes, though rarely, I have received what I believe is a clunker even after inquiring about the condition of each gun on which I bid. This one though will be a surprise as I made a more risky bid because I forgot to send the auctioneer an email asking about the condition of the guns on which I planned to bid.So time will tell whether r not I am right about it looking nice.

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Just bought a new Beretta Tomcat 3032, Inox finish, from Impact Guns for $412.99 shipped. Best price I have ever seen on one, these usually go for about $540 plus shipping. Their site said they had two in stock. I tried to order both but it only let me order one.
    Still says they have one in stock so I guess it was a limit of one oer order:

Last edited:

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I picked these two up yesterday from their 2nd owner.

A Remington 572 Fieldmaster (July 1956 date code) & a Remington 341-p from 1936. The 341 is missing the original rear sight, so I'll look for one just to have. Both will do S, L & LR so now it's a matter of finding out what they like best.

They've been kept very well (especially considering their age), but I still plan on taking them down and cleaning them before a range trip.

View attachment 456195View attachment 456196View attachment 456197
    Damn. That looks like a serious scope for the 572. I have a scope on the 552 but not on the 572

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Just bought a new Beretta Tomcat 3032, Inox finish, from Impact Guns for $412.99 shipped. Best price I have ever seen on one, these usually go for about $540 plus shipping. Their site said they had two in stock. I tried to order both but it only let me order one.
    Still says they have one in stock so I guess it was a limit of one oer order:

You must've missed the $150 rebate Beretta was doing on these last year. They were clearing out stock because the Tomcat and Bobcat are/were being discontinued.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    You must've missed the $150 rebate Beretta was doing on these last year. They were clearing out stock because the Tomcat and Bobcat are/were being discontinued.
    The were clearing stock on old model: 30X models will soon be replacing the 3032s- i bought old one. New model moved mag release and added threaded barrel

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I got the rebate last year on a Beretta APX A1 Carry, a piece of junk in my opinion. I should have bought the Tomcat then. As it turned out, I got $140 of the regular price anyway. The Tomcat arrived today. A little disappointed, they warn against using higher velocity ammo that has more than 130 foot pounds of muzzle energy. This takes Sellier & Bellot out of the picture for use. I just ordered some PPU 32 AUTO 71 grain JHP Ammo that has 129 foot pounds of muzzle energy which falls right in there. I'd rather have the 176 produced by the Sellier & Bellot FMJ ammo (also higher than recomended with their JHP as I recall) but I'll stick with the recommended ammo specs.

Last edited:

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Always wanted one of these (Kel Tec RFB) since they came out, but they were impossible to find and pricey. Set a price point in my head and told myself if I ever found one at or under the price, I would grab it…..so I did. Fortunately I am flush with metric FAL mags, so no hit there—Thermold pictured is just for photo op. Next step is suppressing it.

Have not shot it yet, but it’s much more “solid” feeling than it looks.

image.jpg

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I purchased my first Canik, an SFT in Distressed Gray. I have not fired this yet but I have disassembled and cleaned it. My first impression is this is going to be a nice sub-$600 weapon.

View attachment 458030

While visiting my cousin, I had a chance to shoot a bit. This was Dr. Pepper can accurate for me at approximately 75 feet, with rapid follow-up hits or VERY near misses, slightly below the cans. My criteria wasn't anything scientific, shoot the can, wherever it landed after being hit, then fire again. I only fired 80 rounds, I was getting rid of some older ammo, a mix of hollow points and FMJ, 115,124 and147 grain, everything from PMC to a variety of hollow points, no issues with anything. I am pleased with my initial outing.

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Friday picked this one up from a member here.... thanks to @MTA .... I've been in a search mode for my ideal edc... I started out with a Sig P938... love it, but I'm having thumb issues and was concerned about fumbling the safety. I tried a FN Reflex... .nice, but I couldn't get comfortable with the almost crisp single action trigger with no safety... went back and forth between a P365 and a Hellcat, decided on the Hellcat. Got it, and liked it, but so far, I haven't mastered the trigger. I keep pulling random shots pretty far out of the "group"... and it sort of bites my finger between the frame and the mag baseplate.
    Enter the S&W Shield Plus.
    This may be the one. I shot it on Friday, side by side with the Hellcat. I'm noticeably more consistent with the Shield than with the Hellcat. Recoil, for whatever reason feels less with the Shield. No pinching of fingers, either.
    I had no dog in it, other than just finding what works best for me.... and the Shield just might be the one.....

Shield in hand.jpg

Target from 7 yards.... yes, I need more practice... Shield on the left, Hellcat on the right... I have no clue how I got one completely off the target to the left with the Hellcat.... I hope someone else shot my target by mistake... :confused:

Shield Hellcat 7 yds.jpg

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I've bought and sold/consigned at Wichita Gun Club several times... always been happy doing biz there. A now-retired LEO owns it (can't remember his name) and the person I worked with on the transactions was named Carolyn.

Top Bottom