What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Let me guess.
    The bench was wobbling?
    Yeah but good enough.

Actually it was TSSR with their bouncy one piece bench. Like a deck, bench, and roof all in one. Little breeze or somebody racking their bolt and you feel it all.

Wish they had a prone shooting area.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I finished off the last of my 9mm brass loading some more powder coat bullets. I also realized I've got about 50 pounds of lead left and lots of powder... Im gonna need more brass!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

ETA: this batch was green

d82660ba16a07a5692b934870ef07f26.jpg

BennyS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Katy, Texas
    How much did your new toy cost you?

$1100 with shipping and three caliber pilots. Expensive yes but I love I can anneal anywhere there is a plug! I compared my annealed Lapua to factory and they looked identical. I love that it is all programed so no guess on how long and it is fast. Annealing went from a pain in the butt to now I'll anneal after every shooting

sabot_round

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Killeen, TX
    $1100 with shipping and three caliber pilots. Expensive yes but I love I can anneal anywhere there is a plug! I compared my annealed Lapua to factory and they looked identical. I love that it is all programed so no guess on how long and it is fast. Annealing went from a pain in the butt to now I'll anneal after every shooting

Holy crap!! I was expecting it to be pricey...but that's way out of my league. I guess I'll stick with my ol' propane torch.

SR

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    9.3X74R........Hornady brass, Speer 270 gr. HCSS, Federal Lg Rifle primers and 53.0 grains of Varget......for my Ruger No.1

80-dsc07398_fbe065621a9f99e8d9cf4a33532f3fbc228a2c23.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've been developing loads for the .458 Socom and .375 Socom (.300 Blackout, too) on the team for the local gun shop. We've worked together and tested many variations of the two calibers for many months, now. We used legal SBR's and silencer equipped rifles.

Friend Karen and I both favor our 45-70 rifles for piggie guns. She went to to shoot her Marlin yesterday with a box of 300 grain cartridges......At $46 per box! Reloading 45-70 will be at the top of her list!

The guys were pretty intrigued by the reloading, so two of them ordered Hornady starter kits and I'll teach them the "ropes" of reloading. We'll work on the reloading during slow times at the store. That's gonna be fun!

Flash

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Just loaded up 100 of four different rounds of the .223 69g SMK's. I think I'll burn them up ASAP. If its not raining here, I plan on taking care of them tomorrow.

I finally got a bolt action .223 rifle. Shot a lot of rounds I made for my AR, but the bullets were way, way off the lands and my accuracy was in the 1.5 MOA range. I'm hoping these new rounds will be a lot better.

I'm still loving me some CFE223 for metering. That stuff is unbelievably consistent.

Top Bottom