DK Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    This morning , before sunrise, loaded up some 308 with TAC, trying to save the Varget .
    Military Camp

Last edited:

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Thanks for all the info on the calibers I listed under never heard of. I forgot to take out the 22-250 sorry Mike_From_Texas. I didn’t even catch it until HCS told us it’s origins. Thank you HCS and RP- for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Finally finished reloading 4,700+ rounds of 9mm in both FMJ and LRN yesterday.
    It took me 2 months to complete everything and 4 spam cans later it is done.

The process started in late August.
    - Found a few heavily used desert berms to mine out the lead using a sieve, shovel, and burner.
    - Over two Saturdays of mining both my son and I were able to dig out, melt, and produce about 85 ingots of lead, cleaned at the source with the portable burner. I need a bigger sieve, as this was the worst part.
    - Spent the next few weekends of September casting 124 grain LRN (16 BHN) bullets and powder coating them in Ford Blue, and sizing them.
    - Ended up with around 3500 cast bullets after all was said and done. The lead supply was nearly exhausted.
    - Found a STAUCTION bag of 1100 115 gr. FMJ's... Loaded all of these also.
    - Three weekends straight I loaded up all of my empty 9mm brass that I had stored, and they are now ALL re-loaded.
    - There isn't one single empty case of 9mm in the house, including the kitchen junk drawer, my sock drawer, or the washing room shelf.

It was great spending this time with my son. He really enjoyed the time with this Dad.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Brutal.
    Man that’s a lot of labor, mining, smelting, casting, sizing, painting , baking, and finally loading.
    well done sir, well done.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Loaded my last 1200 rounds of 147s (Hornady 35597). Had about 15,000 at one time. No resupply in sight. Will be switching to 124s (Hornady (35577), which I have 8000 of.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Loaded about 40 rounds of 300blk. Finally got to use my Franklin arsenal scale, it’s the portable one. I like it. It seems to hold calibration just fine for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got the same scale and it works great.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I have been slacking big time. With the cooler weather around the corner I will be making up some .45, 9mm and .357. I need more .357 bullets though. :/

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I have been slacking big time. With the cooler weather around the corner I will be making up some .45, 9mm and .357. I need more .357 bullets though. :/
    I might be willing to sell you some. I ran across a sweet deal on flood damaged Fiocchi FMJ 357 a while back. I've been pulling the projectiles and cleaning the brass.

I also have 500+ plated projectiles

I don't currently own a 357. Traded them away but still have the components.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Out the door was $190.00. I mainly got them in case someone on here ran into a bind and needs some. Otherwise they will be backup.
    So 5.4 cents per primer.

More than I like to pay, but not bad for this climate.

I picked up SRP for 5 cents per with the same mentality.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I might be willing to sell you some. I ran across a sweet deal on flood damaged Fiocchi FMJ 357 a while back. I've been pulling the projectiles and cleaning the brass.

I also have 500+ plated projectiles

I don't currently own a 357. Traded them away but still have the components.

Do they have a cannelure? What grain?

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I was a slacker tonight, I only resized about 60 cases of .375 H&H Mag cases and got 'em in the vibratory cleaner for the night, will prime them & drop powder tomorrow night

Top Bottom