Hurley's Gold

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    What powder are you using? I need to work up a 338 win mag load for a hunt this December

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    If you need dies let me know. I picked some up hoping for a long range bear gun but the wife said she wants a 357 lever gun instead

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I use IMR-4350, with CCI-250 magnum rifle primers.

to be honest, there are probably better powders if you want higher velocities, but many years ago, I researched and found
    powders that gave acceptable results in a wide range of calibers that I reload and settled on IMR-4350 for most '06 & belted magnum series cartridges, so that I could have to keep up with as few powders as possible in my powder cabinet
    and this powder has served me well for accuracy over the years in the .338.

4831 would also be a good choice if you prefer it

out of all of the belted magnum cartridges, the .338 has always been my favorite, I have owned all of the Winchester belted series and the 7mm Rem Mag.

I traded the .264 (too finicky), the .458 ( only bought it, because it was a good deal that I knew I could make money on after I got tired of playing with it), the .300 because for reasons unable to explain, I prefer the 7 mag, trying to compare those two is a wash in my mind with no clear cut winner in the race.

out of the "Magnum" cartridges, I kept the 7mm Rem. Mag, .338 Win Mag & for some unknown reason the .375 H&H Magnum

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I received some 300 BO brass from a fellow member (thanks @rmantoo ) and tumbled, sized and de-primed them. Was set to check OAL on the cases but have not been able to locate my calipers.

Get a Lee case length guage & Trimmer and its a piece of cake. I load my 300 Blk hot, so I do this every time I load them. I also used this trimmer to trim to length after I rolled my own cases.

I keep an extra cordless drill on my bench just for that. Chock the shell holder in the drill, and insert the length guage. Works great.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Get a Lee case length guage & Trimmer and its a piece of cake. I load my 300 Blk hot, so I do this every time I load them. I also used this trimmer to trim to length after I rolled my own cases.

I keep an extra cordless drill on my bench just for that. Chock the shell holder in the drill, and insert the length guage. Works great.

I'll keep that one mind. I have a Forster, the one with the handle. Time consuming, nut I hardly ever load more than 100 at any one time. I usually break it down into steps so it may take a few days, but keeps me interested.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse

I'll keep that one mind. I have a Forster, the one with the handle. Time consuming, nut I hardly ever load more than 100 at any one time. I usually break it down into steps so it may take a few days, but keeps me interested.
    Check out the world cheapest trimmer. It's about $32 or so. Very fast and inexpensive.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Loaded some 308 win.
    14F2BBE9-6B83-413F-BDF8-9356D85980EA.jpeg

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Started sorting out brass I just picked up from a lgs. It’s all once fired brass for functionality test of firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom