• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Bathing water will enter into rain water collection. For water storage on hand. Instantly drinkable. The big tank. Out of water collection, the bulk will go to potable.

It's recommended one gallon a day for bathing. One gallon a day for drinking. (Canadian standards for emergency prep).

Using a media filter. Charcoal, sand, gravel, grate using two five gallon buckets. Non potable water can be kept to a minimum. 10-15gallons? One 55 gallon barrel filtered will wash you butt for a long time. Refreshed with a couple gallons of rain water.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Of course it gets deeper then that. There has to be water allotment for the animals and cooking. Not cooking the animals at first. Beans, rice. Foods that need a lot of water and fuel to cook.

That 153 day, 305 gallon supply is realistically a 90 day supply. If it doesn't rain.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Pit privy for that. Zero water used. Second option, waste go's into a 5 gallon bucket. Preferably bagged. Then buried. If no bags. Dirt to the bottom of the bucket like kitty litter. Then buried outside.

I have a supply of bleach for when the bucket becomes really rank.

Last edited:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I had a lean-to greenhouse built and am trying to learn how to not kill everything I try to grow. So far, I've had very little success.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm assuming no one has practiced filtering and drinking their own urine?

I haven't practiced it but I have researched it. 91-96% water with the extracts being rich in nitrogen. Some salt, hormones, metabolites.

You piss or are suppose to piss, on average, 1.5 ltr a day. That's .39 of a gallon of reclaimed drinking water.

It'd take, give or take, 4 days to produce enough water for one day.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    purchased a 100 watt solar panel and controller for the Land Cruiser should let me run the fridge and led lights indefinitely

misterstev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2019
    League City
    Of course it gets deeper then that. There has to be water allotment for the animals and cooking. Not cooking the animals at first. Beans, rice. Foods that need a lot of water and fuel to cook.

That 153 day, 305 gallon supply is realistically a 90 day supply. If it doesn't rain.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    I bought a Turkish Alice Pack clone and Angolian poncho from Colemans.com. They have 20% off this weekend and I liked the pattern of the pack.

The poncho has good reviews but who knows how that’ll really turn out. The pack, on the other hand, comes highly recommended from a source I trust.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I woke up and took a deep breath. Goes a long way to survival.

I cleaned some guns, have more to clean. Will also be sharpening some knives. Will be getting more cases of water later today and maybe another case or two of canned food. Looked through my emergency bin and realized I need a new pack of AA batteries, maybe some D batteries too; have an abundance of AAA. I also need to augment my first aid supplies. Recently added an anticoagulant powder to my range first aid kit but have to get some for my emergency bin.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    It's a project that won't be completed today, or probably even next month..., but I did work on it today. I am working toward taking one of my wells off-grid and setting it up for solar direct pumping.

Today, I turned out bushings on the lathe for the solar panel mount that will attach to my water tank stand. The pipe stand is about 15' tall and has a 500gal tank on top. The first step in the solar direct project was adding a 1000gal tank under the stand for additional storage (completed).

I'm now working on the solar panel mount that will attach to the tank stand and will carry 4X 310 watt Mission Solar panels (already purchased). The mount will pivot 2x2 panels independently or 4 locked together for direction and 2x2 independently for declination. This hinge and pivot system (made necessary by limited space and horizon) isn't far enough along for proof of concept, but I think it is going to work...

The final step, after the panels are up, will be to replace my 1/2 hp 220v submersible pump with a 1 hp 48v submersible pump.

All of this is really sort of stupid, as I already have a 9kw grid-tied solar system, with an emergency battery backup inverter. But, not wanting to buy and maintain a backup battery set solely for emergency power, the only battery set I have is my 8x 6 volt Trojan 48v golf cart set.

Hopefully, I'll see real trouble coming (if real trouble ever comes) quickly enough that I can expand my battery set.

Water being way more important than power for survival, I decided that a simpler solar direct water pumping system, not dependent on grid or batteries would give me more peace of mind...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom