• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wasn't today, but a couple days ago I did a full operational check on the bike including testing the 2wd. It's the only vehicle at the house that'll survive an EMP at the moment.
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Why would you go to the trouble of all that instead of buying say, 2 lighters?

It's back ups. I have packs of BICs. A Zippo, flint and fuel. The fire strikers however are waterproof. A wet BIC, you gotta dry. I wouldn't wade across a creek with a Zippo in my pants pocket. The whole idea behind cotton and wax fire starters. Waterproof starter ...Waterproof striker

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The same container you have the cotton, strikers, etc. In could be used to keep the bics dry.
    I wouldn't leave the Zippo in my pocket either, I'd take it out.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Since I'm cHeAp. I'm gonna compare the price per oz between white wax and knock off Vaseline. Vaseline and a cotton ball burns a while. 2-3mins. I'll heat it up and dip the wafers in it. The cotton stays soft and pliable with the petro jelly. You can compress it verses hard wax wafers or egg crate poured wax/cotton lumps.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Then the side car wheel is powered, as well as the wheel of the bike??
    Yes, but only when you engage the drive for it. Once engaged it's direct drive (no diff). The Ukrainian version of the bike has the sidecar wheel driven all the time, but it's an open diff so kinda pointless.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I avoided Frisco traffic and fat bitchy short haired soccer mommy's. No injuries to report.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    For fire starting, don't overlook clothes dryer lint for tinder. It's hard to find anything that is more flammable!

Also, consider the steel wool and 9 volt battery trick. It is an instant firestarter.

Flash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Figured out a water storage solution.

This,

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/water-storage-tank-305-gal?cm_vc=-10005

Bathing water will be recycled through a filter in separate containers. For the strictly potable water. The 305 gallon tank. 152 day supply for two people.

I have a ceramic hiking water filter. The water in tank will be treated with bleach but will still be filtered coming out.

It'll be set directly on the ground. No need to elevate. I can siphon it dry if need be.

Being black. No photosynthesis nothing. It's dead water. Polypropylene, same thing as a 5 gallon bucket but 5 times as thick.

I'll paint the outside white.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom