What Are You Smoking or What Do You Enjoy Smoking? (Pipe and Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doons

Bye Corn Pop
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    I normally buy a 5 packed mixed with different blends from a single maker. I prefer a Maduro or Habana wrapped blend in a 5x50. I smoke about 5 or 6 cigars a year and rarely get through more than 1/2 the stick before I have satisfied the itch for a cigar. I spend more time rotating the few cigars I keep on hand, in the humidor, then I do smoking them….. IMG_3028.jpeg

Last edited:

Doons

Bye Corn Pop
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    I'm just asking because I have never smoked a cigar but what is the point if you don't inhale?

How do you get the buzz from the tobacco if you don't inhale?

It’s Sublingual ….

“With cigars, most of the nicotine absorption happens in the mouth, not the lungs. This is why many cigar smokers don’t inhale deeply, but still experience the full effects of the buzz. When smoked correctly, a cigar can deliver a slow, steady infusion of nicotine that lasts longer and feels more satisfying compared to the quick hit of a cigarette.” - EBar

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    It’s Sublingual ….

“With cigars, most of the nicotine absorption happens in the mouth, not the lungs. This is why many cigar smokers don’t inhale deeply, but still experience the full effects of the buzz. When smoked correctly, a cigar can deliver a slow, steady infusion of nicotine that lasts longer and feels more satisfying compared to the quick hit of a cigarette.” - EBar
    Ah okay that makes more sense.

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I think it's why all the "aficionados" talk about all the tastes they experience... leather, pepper, fruit, etc.... I've even seen "marzipan" mentioned...

Plus, it makes them sound intelligent, and refined. :rolleyes: I find it a little amusing.
    True, there are different tastes to different tobaccos, depending on many things... where on the plant the leaves were harvested, when they were harvested, how the leaves were fermented..etc... my cigar reviews would be " I tasted strong notes of .... tobacco..."
    My palate is obviously not refined enough... :(

Top Bottom