• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I haven't bought any in about 6 months. I've only bought maybe 5 boxes of anything in the past 6 months. I'm not feeding the flippers and don't have time to drive all over town looking for a box here and there.
    Texas SOT

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    For those in/around Fort Worth... Dick' Sporting Goods in the Alliance Town Center had Remington .22LR at $9.99/box of 50 (limit 3)!(that's $.19 each) -- Cabelas has a lot of Lapua .22LR at $6.00/box30 ($.02 ea) limit of 100 cartridges (so, in this case 3boxes) but I had a lot of mis-feeds with this ammo... It seemed to have some sort of oil or other substance coating it. YMMV. Also, CTD's retail store had some Aguila box/50 for about $6 yesterday.

Don't shop CTD, an' haven't since BHO was first elected, an' they started their price-gouging ways. Now, even when I see that they offer the lowest price on ANYTHING, I intentionally buy it elsewhere. They're scum in my book.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Don't shop CTD, an' haven't since BHO was first elected, an' they started their price-gouging ways. Now, even when I see that they offer the lowest price on ANYTHING, I intentionally buy it elsewhere. They're scum in my book.

Same here. But the reality is, they are rarely the best price on just about anything except guns. I have heard of new Glocks at $500. I won't spend a penny there. Shame on them. I used to blow $2K a year there. Been spreading it around since I saw them selling a brick of 22 ammo for $60, and used GI AR mags at $120 each.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    lol ;)

FWIW, I just paid $30/500 at Academy for Remington HV 40gr, and $11/200 at a LGS for Federal Champion 36gr.

matt640h

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Bass Pro yesterday:
    Fed American Eagle 500 for $24
    Rem Thunderbolts 500 for $22 or $23 can't remember

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    It's getting better as far as availability, to the point it is sometimes about convenience of picking it up close to home vs. price (depending on where you live). I'll spend an extra $10 for the ammo if I don't have to spend $5 in gas and an hour to go get it, I just won't buy as often as I otherwise would.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    How come none of the academies in Austin carry the mythical 22 bulk packs... I've seen 100 packs of CCI mini mags once and since then it's been 40 and 50 rd packs of other sorted ammos.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    You finding it elsewhere for less than $.08/round after tax and/or shipping?

They sell you one box. $15.50 to ship and $3.00 surcharge because the order is under $45.. Just sounded like BS to me. I do not have it in front of me so don't quote but it sounded wrong to me.

MR2Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Austin, TX
    How come none of the academies in Austin carry the mythical 22 bulk packs... I've seen 100 packs of CCI mini mags once and since then it's been 40 and 50 rd packs of other sorted ammos.

My guess is that they do, but they're all gone by the time you get there.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    My guess is that they do, but they're all gone by the time you get there.

I hit up two academies almost every day, one of an usually right after they open... would think I would caught am at least once by now.

Edit: just talked to the greeter and they sell out in 10 min every time. I thought all this time academy opened at 9 but I was wrong.

Last edited:

MR2Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I hit up two academies almost every day, one of an usually right after they open... would think I would caught am at least once by now.

Maybe the gun counter guys are buying those up before they open? <shrug>

I can't believe they've stopped carrying bricks of .22, but I can totally believe they don't get very many of them right now, and they disappear really quick.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You really need to be there before they open. I'm lucky to have an Academy one exit past work, and I can be a little bit late coming in, so when I need ammo I just go and wait with the other ammo buyers at opening time. At this particular store, people start lining up around 7:30am, which is likely why you don't see the 22LR bricks after they've been open a while. If there's no line at the door, you're too late.

Top Bottom