• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myroverleaks

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 17, 2020
    North Dallas area
    My king or kings would be the ones I trust most. My JP CTR rifle and my glock 17 which I have had for over 30 years. They both eat everything I ever feed them and NEVER disappoint. They have earned their seats at the front of my safe.
    Military Camp

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    My Para-Ordnance P14.45. The dealer listed it on Gunbroker with the auction ending at 0100 and I was working nights so I won the auction for $434. The dealer (in Houston) had weird hours so when I emailed the actual firearm owner, he agreed to meet my brother (he was in Houston for a school). They met, my brother paid for it and brought it to me. No shipping, no bothersome paperwork, and it shoots like a dream.

It is my go to gun when I do not need to carry concealed.

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    My king or kings would be the ones I trust most. My JP CTR rifle and my glock 17 which I have had for over 30 years. They both eat everything I ever feed them and NEVER disappoint. They have earned their seats at the front of my safe.

Agreed. But I look at these as Guards of the Safe (and everything else) I also have these in the front for easy access. And like you, one is the Glock 17 (2nd Gen). I’ve had it like forever.

Last edited:

SW Guy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Pearland, TX
    My Browning BPS High Capacity Home Defense 12 Gauge Shotgun, 20" barrel, 7+1 in the chamber plus, 200 rounds of Remington Managed-Recoil 12 Gauge 00 Bucks.

BPS HD.jpg

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    Here’s one I eventually found that has a special place in the safe. A Colt Officers Elite. You won’t see these everyday. The story goes that Colt did a special run of 350 of these back in 1990 for a gun shop/ distributor in California. The shop sold only a handful until a fire destroyed a warehouse where the bulk were stored. Reports are less than 10 survived. It’s just a story at this point but my research is ongoing trying to verify some facts on it. The other aspect regarding this pistol is that it came out of Retired Lt. Col. Robert K. Brown’s firearm collection. That has been authenticated from Sportsmans Legacy, the place where part of his collection was auctioned off. He was the creator and owner of the now defunct Soldiers of Fortune magazine. And a self described real life mercenary. Google him, he’s an interesting guy. Anyway, sorry for the long post:

96DFF660-CE6F-49AF-A324-C5BD1355721C.jpeg
    12E5EF05-1A45-4D0F-8A39-8180998C418E.jpeg
    9CC2D135-2A6C-4BED-92E3-4EFB1AD626A4.jpeg

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Since I never refer to my handguns as a she or her (they are much more reliable than any a female gender) I’ll reference one as a King. What are you most proud to own currently and why?
    A 1914 Navy luger on a carbine frame with elephant ivory grips, 4mm and 22 lr converserions and yes I do shoot it!

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    I am the proud owner of perhaps the nicest original 1921 Colt Thompson in existence. Definitely top 10.
    Perhaps there are some new in box guns out there but I have never seen one come up.

As far as handguns perhaps a Detonics combatmaster in .451 Detonics magnum.

Last edited:

Dimonback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Austin
    My S&W 1911 (with a few added features). This was bought used for a normal price (at the time) for a run of the mill 1911. Years later I find out that in the early days of the SW Custom Shop, the Custom Shop 'smiths didn't have enough work to keep busy- so they worked on a run of these pistols. Before I knew this, I'd often wondered why I preferred it over any of the WCs, LBs,and EBs I'd fired.

Attachments

• Smith finished_LI.jpg
      Smith finished_LI.jpg
      351.8 KB · Views: 147
    Last edited:

justinbowser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Crowley, TX
    This is such an unfair question, I love 'em all! I could narrow it down to 3, I suppose. In no particular order:

Series 70 Colt Gold Cup in .45 ACP
    CMP M1 Garand
    S&W Mod 29 w/6" barrel

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Numero uno for me is my dad's service revolver. S&W (not sure the model) 38 special on a 44 frame. He paid $35 in 1957, and carried it for 36 years. At some point my son will get it, per my dad's instructions.

Top Bottom