• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You need UM/UIM insurance in Texas. it covers you, for any injury or damages that an Uninsured or Underinsured motorist causes to you, your vehicle, and your passengers. Before this recent influx, when I still had access to ISO data, based upon reported accidents 38% of the drivers and or vehicles were uninsured, in Texas. Now toss in all the non-reported accidents, and the drivers that have not been in an accident, yet. You most likely have a less then 50% chance the other driver has insurance, a valid license, a registered vehicle, or any way to pay for your damages.

That doesn't work the way you think it does. About 20 years ago my wife was in an accident (lady ran a stop sign and plowed into my wife). Cops came, gave the lady a ticket for no insurance, and my insurance would not pay the repairs for some reason. It was something I was unaware of, and don't recall all the details now.

But I was under the impression that if I paid for UM coverage I got my car fixed by insurance. That didn't happen.
    ARJ Defense ad

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I cannot tell you why you were not indemnified for this loss, without the specifics, exacting details, and a copy of the policy you purchased. I did not explain how UM/UIM works. Not even a little, that would take hours. But I can guarantee if one does not have it, one will get nothing if it happens. I will send a PM.

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    You need UM/UIM insurance in Texas. it covers you, for any injury or damages that an Uninsured or Underinsured motorist causes to you, your vehicle, and your passengers. Before this recent influx, when I still had access to ISO data, based upon reported accidents 38% of the drivers and or vehicles were uninsured, in Texas. Now toss in all the non-reported accidents, and the drivers that have not been in an accident, yet. You most likely have a less then 50% chance the other driver has insurance, a valid license, a registered vehicle, or any way to pay for your damages.
    Gee Wally, That Pisses me off for some reason.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

As a former South Texan and Border Resident: We’ve always had the “Undocumented” ILLEGAL ALIEN Border-crossers, but those were relatively harmless Mexicans seeking work or Family connections.

Those crossing en-masse today are a mix of opportunistic parasites, undesirables, terrorists, and criminal invaders.

Despite media claims, very few are actual “refugees”.

Worse; this is now augmented by both public funds and Roman Catholic “Charities”.

I beseech my fellow Catholics: Do NOT donate to any “charity” except your local Saint Vincent de Paul Society !

leVieux

<>
    <>

For those unfamiliar, the "Saint Vincent de Paul Societies" are local, parish-specific all-volunteer groups administering local "charity" in their own neighborhoods, using locally raised funds to help neighbors in need. The volunteers pay their own expenses, dispense donations at arms-length, arbitrarily & subject to one-another's scrutiny. Thusly, it is the most efficient "charity" I know of, as 100% of donations are used for ACTUAL charity.

I have been astounded at the abuses of "charitable donations" I saw back when I was a Family Doc.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

As a former South Texan and Border Resident: We’ve always had the “Undocumented” ILLEGAL ALIEN Border-crossers, but those were relatively harmless Mexicans seeking work or Family connections.

Those crossing en-masse today are a mix of opportunistic parasites, undesirables, terrorists, and criminal invaders.

Despite media claims, very few are actual “refugees”.

Worse; this is now augmented by both public funds and Roman Catholic “Charities”.

I beseech my fellow Catholics: Do NOT donate to any “charity” except your local Saint Vincent de Paul Society !

leVieux

<>
    You are so very correct about the people coming to the border. I am saddened and shocked that many of the kids coming to the border are not travelling with family members but with people they call 'Compadres". Code word for trafficker. I am a parent and father of three but there is no way in hell I would send my kids as young as three to travel with strangers. We are being lied everyday as this trafficking is a big business. I am a Catholic but I denouce Catholic Charities as they have been infiltrated by trafficking members posing as legit officials. I do interviews on these people daily and I can say only a small few qualify for refugee status while most others would not qualify.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    That doesn't work the way you think it does. About 20 years ago my wife was in an accident (lady ran a stop sign and plowed into my wife). Cops came, gave the lady a ticket for no insurance, and my insurance would not pay the repairs for some reason. It was something I was unaware of, and don't recall all the details now.

But I was under the impression that if I paid for UM coverage I got my car fixed by insurance. That didn't happen.
    My wife was hit by a under issured teenager and her insurance tried the same thing but we sued on won.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    You are so very correct about the people coming to the border. I am saddened and shocked that many of the kids coming to the border are not travelling with family members but with people they call 'Compadres". Code word for trafficker. I am a parent and father of three but there is no way in hell I would send my kids as young as three to travel with strangers. We are being lied everyday as this trafficking is a big business. I am a Catholic but I denouce Catholic Charities as they have been infiltrated by trafficking members posing as legit officials. I do interviews on these people daily and I can say only a small few qualify for refugee status while most others would not qualify.
    <>

Indeed

& thank you for your service.

Back in the “turn of the century”, we often had lunch at a Brownsville cafeteria popular with “Los MIgras”.

When the mouth of the Rio Grande silted over, 2 USBP officers had to sit in a Ford Bronco to watch 24/7/365. We’d drive down to take them snacks & cold drinks.

I asked the Chancellor of the Diocese of Baton Rouge “If you think outside money is needed; WHY don’t you send it to the Bishop there in Brownsville and let him handle it, since he obviously has local knowledge?” Crickets. Even our Parish Priests understand, but are powerless.

Our Church hierarchy is once more corrupt to the core.

What would Jesus do ?

leVieux

<>

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

Indeed

& thank you for your service.

Back in the “turn of the century”, we often had lunch at a Brownsville cafeteria popular with “Los MIgras”.

When the mouth of the Rio Grande silted over, 2 USBP officers had to sit in a Ford Bronco to watch 24/7/365. We’d drive down to take them snacks & cold drinks.

I asked the Chancellor of the Diocese of Baton Rouge “If you think outside money is needed; WHY don’t you send it to the Bishop there in Brownsville and let him handle it, since he obviously has local knowledge?” Crickets. Even our Parish Priests understand, but are powerless.

Our Church hierarchy is once more corrupt to the core.

What would Jesus do ?

leVieux

<>
    What needs to be fixed is the Countries these people are coming from and the quality of life they are experiencing but at the same time they need to be told the truth about the so-called American dream which unfortunately is not accurate. I will say that we need to expand the quest worker program allowing these people to come and work in hard to fill positions, but problem is they want to being the whole family knowing they cannot afford the quality of life surrounding it thus is why they are seeking welfare assistance and next thing our poor here are getting screwed. Another problem is the gangs, and the underworld is growing too strong in some of those Countries and thus corruption is very institutionalized. The problem with the Catholic church and also other Christian organizations in those areas is that they too cater to these same criminal organizations for various purposes as in the case of Mexico where the Cartels are able to have all their religious outings guaranteed knowing the church will say no to their money. I do miss Trump policies of having them file for asylum outside of the United States and prove they have a case but unfortunately their cases are based on general fears rather than specific fears. Just like us here in Harris County saying the crime is dangerous in our area compared to my family members were victimized by a criminal.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What needs to be fixed is the Countries these people are coming from and the quality of life they are experiencing but at the same time they need to be told the truth about the so-called American dream which unfortunately is not accurate. I will say that we need to expand the quest worker program allowing these people to come and work in hard to fill positions, but problem is they want to being the whole family knowing they cannot afford the quality of life surrounding it thus is why they are seeking welfare assistance and next thing our poor here are getting screwed. Another problem is the gangs, and the underworld is growing too strong in some of those Countries and thus corruption is very institutionalized. The problem with the Catholic church and also other Christian organizations in those areas is that they too cater to these same criminal organizations for various purposes as in the case of Mexico where the Cartels are able to have all their religious outings guaranteed knowing the church will say no to their money. I do miss Trump policies of having them file for asylum outside of the United States and prove they have a case but unfortunately their cases are based on general fears rather than specific fears. Just like us here in Harris County saying the crime is dangerous in our area compared to my family members were victimized by a criminal.
    <>

May I re-publish your comments elsewhere, unedited, w/o attribution or any identifying of their source ?

I feel it critical that those elsewhere should be told of what their Church Hierarchy is doing under the guise of “humanitarian charity”.

leVieux

<>

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

May I re-publish your comments elsewhere, unedited, w/o attribution or any identifying of their source ?

I feel it critical that those elsewhere should be told of what their Church Hierarchy is doing under the guise of “humanitarian charity”.

leVieux

<>
    Sure go ahead. I will say the church is just another man created organizations also subject to corruptions so it hurts me that I have to express my observation of them during issues like this.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This will likely provide a solid reason to carry a "truck gun".
    D65F92DB-A89C-4021-BC4F-921D4A492093.jpeg

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    A buddy of mine was telling me that his brother, who lives down in the valley near Brownsville, was in a multi car accident. 3 of the 5 drivers involved provided drivers licensees and all three were forgeries. Upon further inspection they all three had fake social security cards as well, and none of them had insurance on their vehicles. That scares me a lot since they do not know the laws of Texas when driving then not having insurance leaves the other driver hanging to pay for the damages.
    Normaly all they have as far as identification comes from the black market. Even the tags to drive the cars. If possible they usually just run from an accident so not to get arrested.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    My cousin works for a corporation that arranges Federal Home Loan Payments for Illegal Aliens.

Your tax dollars are paying to building these Illegal Alien colonies.

Traitor Greg Abbott and the traitorous Real Estate Developers are raking in your tax dollars.

Liberty Illegal Colony.png

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    My cousin works for a corporation that arranges Federal Home Loan Payments for Illegal Aliens.

Your tax dollars are paying to building these Illegal Alien colonies.

Traitor Greg Abbott and the traitorous Real Estate Developers are raking in your tax dollars.

View attachment 404208

This area next to Plum Grove is the most dangerous area of Liberty County as crime has gone up and DUI and accidents are an everyday occurrence. I drove by there several years ago with five coworkers and hit several areas to bring them in to process them for removal only for the judge to grant them relief. Aghh.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Words from a strange source, the late Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, come to mind: “I fear that you (would) have awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve!”

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I was “OTB” last week @ Brownsvillle. The City has grown quite a bit.

NAFTA, which hurt so many U S industries, has been a boon to cities ON the Border.

I was told that street crime is worse than ever.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom