• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    And the hunt is over. 2010 F150 4x4 quad cab. has the 5.4l v8 and the 6-speed transmission in it. I think I got a fair deal on it, and I'm happy.
    ARJ Defense ad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Mileage was a little high. 50k. But it still looks great. I paid 25k, and they gave me a really good deal on my G35.

I'll post a pic up later.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Don't you love how big the back seat is?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I was BLOWN away by how big it was. I really wish my dad would've had something like this when I was a kid!

Platinum or titanium or unobtanium?
    The official vehicle of suburban Austin
    :) ;)
    You stayed fancy enough, I reckon ;) .
    Enjoy your ride and go pick up some mulch or sumthin!

XLT I think. I just drove it back from Amarillo to Lubbock, and it's one nice ride.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Just a quick update, not that anyone probably cares anymore. I took it to Lake Alan Henry today, which sucks by the way if you don't have a boat. It performed flawlessly. Averaged 18-19mpg on the whole trip, which I'm satisfied with. Got a change to dump it into 4x4, and it whooped butt.

I dig this truck.

2012-06-16123659.gif

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    19mpg is great for the "old" 5.4, especially in a 4x4 crew cab.

Truck looks great!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Was that mpg off the truck or did you hand calculate it?

I hear the trucks mpg meter is often called the lie-o-meter.

BTW, my next truck is going to be one of these. Not sure about the 4wd feature because I don't care for the center console/floor shifter setup on them. If I can get a 4x4 package with a column shifter and the "2-person, 1 dog" front seats, I'm good to go.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Mpg off the truck, and mentally calculated it to between that range. Once I'm empty, I'll hand calculate it. But I believe it.

And the 4wd is not center console or floor shifter set up. It's a small knob on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Was that mpg off the truck or did you hand calculate it?

I hear the trucks mpg meter is often called the lie-o-meter.

BTW, my next truck is going to be one of these. Not sure about the 4wd feature because I don't care for the center console/floor shifter setup on them. If I can get a 4x4 package with a column shifter and the "2-person, 1 dog" front seats, I'm good to go.

That is the truth

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Mpg off the truck, and mentally calculated it to between that range. Once I'm empty, I'll hand calculate it. But I believe it.

And the 4wd is not center console or floor shifter set up. It's a small knob on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Seriously, you can sit 3 across in the front? I've not seen a 4wd setup that didn't have the huge center console that took up the complete middle of the front.

That's awesome, because that was the only thing keeping me from getting the 4x4.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i prefer floor 4x4 shifters, because i know its engaged. my middle seat work just fine to sit a middle passenger, if you dont mind thr radio equipment over the hump.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Seriously, you can sit 3 across in the front? I've not seen a 4wd setup that didn't have the huge center console that took up the complete middle of the front.

That's awesome, because that was the only thing keeping me from getting the 4x4.

Yup! There's no center console.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You done good.

Just a quick update, not that anyone probably cares anymore. I took it to Lake Alan Henry today, which sucks by the way if you don't have a boat. It performed flawlessly. Averaged 18-19mpg on the whole trip, which I'm satisfied with. Got a change to dump it into 4x4, and it whooped butt.

I dig this truck.

2012-06-16123659.gif

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    As for that center console, it doesn't really bother me. I prefer it the way I have it set up, as there is a lot of extra space, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a deal breaker.

There's a "secret" compartment underneath the middle-front seat that can perfectly fit something that could be shaped like a handgun. Rofl.

Top Bottom